Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by crujones4life
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200212_232820 (resized).jpg
Hot Tip - Top Eject Unit (resized).png
Hot Tip - Top Eject 5000 points (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20200203_203158 (resized).jpg
20200203_203136 (resized).jpg

#1 13 days ago

Can someone tell me what this rollover switch should do? Mine does nothing currently.

20200203_203136 (resized).jpg
#2 13 days ago

Also...what causes this to advance? When should it reset?

20200203_203158 (resized).jpg
#3 13 days ago

Rollover in first pic is the Spinner Lane Rollover switch which apparently causes a tilt if you haven't scored anything.
Lights in second pic should advance when you score 10 points.

#4 13 days ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Rollover in first pic is the Spinner Lane Rollover switch which apparently causes a tilt if you haven't scored anything.
[quoted image]
Lights in second pic should advance when you score 10 points.
[quoted image]

Howard to the rescue again! How are you sir? Thanks for chiming in.

Most of my 10 point switches need adjusting so they are not currently being activated without a hard ball strike. So that's why it wasn't moving much...

So with that rollover...if I have scored points before hitting that switch is nothing supposed to happen? How would you even get to that switch without scoring points?!

#5 13 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So with that rollover...if I have scored points before hitting that switch is nothing supposed to happen? How would you even get to that switch without scoring points?!

Here you go (I asked the same question recently when discussing ball index relay circuits):
https://www.ipdb.org/glossary.php#Tilt_Rollover

#6 13 days ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

Here you go (I asked the same question recently when discussing ball index relay circuits):

Awesome info. Thanks!

#7 9 days ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

Thanks x2. I helped work on one of these a couple of years back and noticed that this switch did effectively nothing other than the tilt. Missed the definition on ipdb. I really appreciate your link.

#8 4 days ago

Also...what causes this to advance? When should it reset?[quoted image]

So regarding this pic...the 10000 point award actually scores 15000 points. Ideas? Everything else scores correctly (assuming 5000 points should also score when you lite double bonus and captive ball).

#9 4 days ago

So regarding this pic...the 10000 point award actually scores 15000 points. Ideas? Everything else scores correctly (assuming 5000 points should also score when you lite double bonus and captive ball).

Going by the schematics, it looks like every time you land in the hole and fire its relay (TOP EJECT RE.), it will advance the bonus one step and pulse the 1000 point relay five times .. so you get 5000 points off the bat.
Hot Tip - Top Eject 5000 points (resized).png

Based on the position of its stepper unit (TOP EJECT UNIT), you'll either get nothing extra, double bonus, captive ball, or an extra 10000 points (red paths below).
Hot Tip - Top Eject Unit (resized).png

So it seems like getting 15000 is intentional, even though it reads like you're getting 10000. I guess you're supposed to know that you always get 5000 as a baseline (or maybe it says somewhere in the instruction cards - it's not in the manual anyway). Here is a PAPA video where you can see that having 10000 lit increases the score by 15000 points (it's at about 2:58 in case the link doesn't work right):

#10 4 days ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

Going by the schematics, it looks like every time you land in the hole and fire its relay (TOP EJECT RE.), it will advance the bonus one step and pulse the 1000 point relay five times .. so you get 5000 points off the bat.
[quoted image]
Based on the position of its stepper unit (TOP EJECT UNIT), you'll either get nothing extra, double bonus, captive ball, or an extra 10000 points (red paths below).
[quoted image]
So it seems like getting 15000 is intentional, even though it reads like you're getting 10000. I guess you're supposed to know that you always get 5000 as a baseline (or maybe it says somewhere in the instruction cards - it's not in the manual anyway). Here is a PAPA video where you can see that having 10000 lit increases the score by 15000 points (it's at about 2:58 in case the link doesn't work right):

Fantastic info! Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

#11 4 days ago
Quoted from FirePower:

Thanks x2. I helped work on one of these a couple of years back and noticed that this switch did effectively nothing other than the tilt. Missed the definition on ipdb. I really appreciate your link.

Sure, it's interesting how they added so many circuits to address these corner cases or cheats. I was originally wondering why the ball index relay even exists on another game, since it was impossible to drain the ball without scoring something. But the only explanation is that they're again covering some weird scenario that should never happen.

Fantastic info! Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

Any time! I love tracing these things out to demystify how they work. This game looks pretty fun feature-wise - are you restoring it? How functional is it currently?

#12 3 days ago
Quoted from LeChuck:

Sure, it's interesting how they added so many circuits to address these corner cases or cheats. I was originally wondering why the ball index relay even exists on another game, since it was impossible to drain the ball without scoring something. But the only explanation is that they're again covering some weird scenario that should never happen.

Any time! I love tracing these things out to demystify how they work. This game looks pretty fun feature-wise - are you restoring it? How functional is it currently?

It is working 100% now!

20200212_232820 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 22.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.95
$ 219.99
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 269.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside