(Topic ID: 276263)

***RESOLVED*** (Hot Tip EM not advancing balls or players)

By Collin

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_1977_Hot_Tip_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 3 years ago

*********EDIT - RESOLVED*******
GOT IT! Dirty/misadjusted switch on the Extra Ball relay was the problem.
*********EDIT - RESOLVED*******

Hey all, I was working on my Hot Tip, which had intermittently failed to advance balls/players. I cleaned some switches in the Ball Index and Player Reset relays, along with a couple others. I also reseated a couple connectors, as one wasn't fully inserted. I think it actually worked well for a moment, but then it stopped advancing at all; I'm not sure what caused it.

Sometimes I just plain struggle looking at EM schematics. If anyone's able to point me towards where I should be looking, I'd really appreciate it.

Williams_1977_Hot_Tip_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdfWilliams_1977_Hot_Tip_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-tip-em-not-advancing-balls-or-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.