• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

I have a Hot Tip em machine with a very strange problem with the drop targets. If you start a game and none of the drop targets are down it starts normal. If you start a game and one drop target is down from the previous game upon reset it resets all score reels and drop targets but starts on second player ball one. When that ball drains it goes back to player one second ball, when that one drains it goes to player one third ball. It does not matter which of the 6 targets are down but if at least one is down it does the strange startup. This is a new one on me. Any help anyone. Bill

#2 3 years ago

The target that was down probably managed to get some score onto player 1, and trigger the Ball Index, before it served up the ball. Try watching for that.

There should be a switch that cuts out all playfield scoring until the reset is complete - look for that on the schematic.
.................David Marston

#3 3 years ago

I looked all over for the switch on the schematic but can't find it. Do you have any idea where it might be. Also it isn't just one perticular target it happens if any one of the six are down.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from willie0912:

If you start a game and one drop target is down from the previous game upon reset it resets all score reels and drop targets

Did you check this relay?

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#5 3 years ago

I just checked it and it does not do anything. Do you have any idea what actuates it.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from willie0912:

Do you have any idea what actuates it.

Left and right side drops.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks I'll check into it and let you know.

#8 3 years ago

So I checked that relay and it works properly. I believe that just advances playfield features each time all six targets are dropped and reset during gameplay. I don't see anything related to starting new games. I think it might be as mentioned by someone else a switch that is supposed to open to stop all scoring until game is reset. The problem is I can't find that switch. Do you have any idea where it is?

#9 3 years ago

I have a hot tip and might be able to help, but I am staying at a remote cabin this week and I am a distance from the machine and schematic. I should be home by Sunday if you haven't solved it by then.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from willie0912:

a switch that is supposed to open to stop all scoring until game is reset. The problem is I can't find that switch. Do you have any idea where it is?

These are the 3 switches that are "supposed to open to stop all scoring until game is reset"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11 3 years ago

Thanks, they are not all opening. I'll have to dig a little further into it. Unless you have an idea what to look for.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from willie0912:

they are not all opening

Any one of them open is enough to stop scoring.

#13 3 years ago

I totally agree with you and I think it probably is the reset relay. I'm just having a hard time tracing it down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-tip-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.