2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by codered9394
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Hot shots translight needed

Added: July 2nd, 2016 Ended: August 13th, 2016

Item description

Looking for a nos or like new 89 Gottlieb Hot Shots translight. Let me know what you have to offer.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Augusta, GA, US

Seller insights

These are codered9394's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to codered9394's stats page

#3 2 years ago

There's got to be one somewhere. Somebody let me but one.

#4 2 years ago

Keep bumping until I find one.

#6 2 years ago

Check with PBR and Mayfair amusements?

#7 2 years ago

Check with Todd Tuckey at TNT Amusements in PA. Google tnt amusements for website. He had a ton of the system 80b translites dirt cheap!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Check with PBR and Mayfair amusements?

Pbr doesn't have any but I sent a email to Mayfair. Thanks

Quoted from GLSP3022:

Check with Todd Tuckey at TNT Amusements in PA. Google tnt amusements for website. He had a ton of the system 80b translites dirt cheap

Will check. thanks

#9 2 years ago

TNT Amusement no longer has any.

#10 2 years ago

In the past I picked up NOS translights for Bad Girls and Raven from Mayfair. Hopefully Mayfair will come thru for you.

#11 2 years ago

Mayfair can not supply one. I hope the pin community can come through with one.

#12 2 years ago

Try Mike Pacak. mgpacak@aol.com

#13 2 years ago

Still nothing yet

#14 2 years ago

Check ebay every day. Translights come up pretty often.

#15 2 years ago

Thanks. Already doing that. I can't believe there's none to be had.

#16 2 years ago

Still looking, if anyone can make one i'll gladly buy it.

#17 2 years ago

Weekend bump..

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Still looking, if anyone can make one i'll gladly buy it.

do you have a scan of the translite? Then making a new one should not be that difficult.

#19 2 years ago

Not really sure how to go about getting one scanned. The one I have is pretty bad and I don't know if it would be a good choice to scan.
I really don't know how to get started or have one made. Any info will be thanked

#20 2 years ago

Step 1: find a game with an unfaded translite
Step 2: have the translite scanned at at least 300 dpi
Step 3: Photoshop where needed in case of any imperfections
Step 4: find a printer that can print on backlit foil. I may know one, but that requires shipping from Europe.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Step 1: find a game with an unfaded translite
Step 2: have the translite scanned at at least 300 dpi
Step 3: Photoshop where needed in case of any imperfections
Step 4: find a printer that can print on backlit foil. I may know one, but that requires shipping from Europe

Looks like finding one for proper scan will be the hard part.
If anyone has a scan of this please let me know.
Thanks for the info

#22 2 years ago

Is the game any good? I've seen a couple come up for sale and I've wondered how they play.

#23 2 years ago

For what you can get the game for it's not a bad purchase. The game plays fast but is lacking depth. The game relies on the 16 drop targets entirely to much, this is how you move through the bonus modes.
All in all it's not bad. I have a 5 pin collection so this will get old quick. It would fit perfect in a much bigger collection. Hot Shots was bought because my granddaughter fell in love with it so we had to have one. You can see my rating for more info.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

For what you can get the game for it's not a bad purchase. The game plays fast but is lacking depth. The game relies on the 16 drop targets entirely to much, this is how you move through the bonus modes.
All in all it's not bad. I have a 5 pin collection so this will get old quick. It would fit perfect in a much bigger collection. Hot Shots was bought because my granddaughter fell in love with it so we had to have one. You can see my rating for more info.

So in the era of Bounty Hunter to Operation Thunder, it's probably one of the lesser games. That's what I thought from the theme but wasn't sure. Some of those are surprisingly good.

#25 2 years ago

hope you can find one but getting some one to give up such a beautiful piece of art will be tricky

I actually kind of like it honestly, I like cheesy stuff

but anyways good luck

#26 2 years ago

Still looking!

#27 2 years ago

No luck yet. Bump

#28 2 years ago

Getting towards the end desperate bump.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Getting towards the end desperate bump.

Maybe you should just design a translight. Can't be worse than the original?

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Maybe you should just design a translight. Can't be worse than the original?

You're right but I would like to keep it as close to original if possible..

#31 2 years ago

Come on guys surely someone on here has this game and could scan it so he can have one made....

#32 2 years ago

If anyone has a good quality scan i sure could use it. This would push me to find a way to have one made.

#33 2 years ago

I definitely have a fantastic quality translite but no way to scan it. The best I could probably do would be a hi res photo, but they're tricky to get right.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is the game any good? I've seen a couple come up for sale and I've wondered how they play.

"No" and "Below average".

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Do you like any of those era Gottliebs, BK? Like from '85 to '92.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you like any of those era Gottliebs, BK? Like from '85 to '92.

Bounty Hunter, El Dorado ('84 though), Victory, TX-Sector, Amazon Hunt II, Bone Busters Inc, Class of 1812, Title Fight, Robo War, Cue Ball Wizard, Stargate

Most Premier titles are below average. All listed above are average or above average. Best of the lot is probably Stargate, Victory, Bone Busters, or Bounty Hunter.

#37 2 years ago

I wouldn't call them below average, just very simple games. They are not on par with Williams and Bally games of the same era but they have there place. I find these quite fun and addictive. This game alone gets played more than any other I have when friends come over.
Market value shows that these games are not well liked. For the money you can get them for it's a great addition, especially if you have friends new to pinball. I see people listing for $1,200 to $2,500. If you can get for under $800 working then it's not a bad deal. My next purcase will be a Teed off. Looking forward to this one as long as I can find at a decent price.

#38 2 years ago

Finally have something in the works. Possibe orginal or high quality copy. Hope it works out

#39 2 years ago

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I had this game with a very nice translight but sold it a few months back. The guy I bought it from has another two of these machines for sale, so if you get stuck I can pass on contact details from Pinball Owners.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from JMP:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I had this game with a very nice translight but sold it a few months back. The guy I bought it from has another two of these machines for sale, so if you get stuck I can pass on contact details from Pinball Owners.

Thanks,
I let you if my lead doesn't pan out.

#41 2 years ago

Still looking for translight.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I wouldn't call them below average, just very simple games. They are not on par with Williams and Bally games of the same era but they have there place. I find these quite fun and addictive. This game alone gets played more than any other I have when friends come over.
Market value shows that these games are not well liked. For the money you can get them for it's a great addition, especially if you have friends new to pinball. I see people listing for $1,200 to $2,500. If you can get for under $800 working then it's not a bad deal. My next purcase will be a Teed off. Looking forward to this one as long as I can find at a decent price.

They are NOT on par with any games made by BLY/WMS regarding entertainment. Especially the entire System 11 lineup. Construction quality for boards was equal. Platforms quality was not. Many were parted or thrown out.

I forgot one game that was gameplay solid.

Tee'd Off

#43 2 years ago

Bounty Hunter, El Dorado ('84 though), Victory, TX-Sector, Amazon Hunt II, Bone Busters Inc, Class of 1812, Title Fight, Robo War, Cue Ball Wizard, Stargate
Most Premier titles are below average. All listed above are average or above average. Best of the lot is probably Stargate, Victory, Bone Busters, or Bounty Hunter.

I'm a fan of them for their uniqueness but I haven't played them all. I tried a Big House at Expo but the corkscrew was wore out. I'd like to try a fully working one because it seemed fun.

#44 2 years ago

Still looking if anyone has any info on finding one. Open to original or good quality copy.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside