Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Hot Shot Lights

Letter received on Saturday August 3rd 2013.

Saturday August 3rd 2013

Dear Lloyd-

I have here a 1973 Gottlieb Hot Shot that i bought from a man, that had done a little re-wiring in the machine... And i don't want to make things worse. But anyways, the issue with this machine is that the alternating 500 points - 1000 points slots on the right and left side of the play field (with yellow circular lights to indicate) do not alternate and both lights stay on, and score values do not switch sides when they should once any bumper is hit. Same goes for the "special when lit" lights in front of the 2 centre targets. When they light up, both light up, when only one should be along with they yellow light, and change value and switch back and forth when a bumper is hit on the play field. Yet, my machine does not show this behaviour. Do you know any cause to this issue?

Not So Hot

Thanks!

Dear Not So Hot

Well this should be pretty simple. Get a schematic for the game. Go over the creative rewiring. And get it back to it's original state.

You'll likely spend more time figuring out what he did than moving a couple wires. Unless a coulpe lights weren't lighting and he wired them to light.

Then you'll have a new problem to sort out.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-shot-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.