• Latest reply 5 years ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Big Shot bonus (resized).jpg
Big Shot bonus lights (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

There has to be a better more bullet proof way to fix the bonus scoring issue on this. My 1000 point bonus often counts for 2000. The 2000 and 3000 point bonus always scores correctly. I have endlessly adjusted everything mentioned so far in this thread. Anyone have a tip for the 1000 bonus counting twice?

I have two Hot Shot games and they both have this issue. One more than the other. And yes I like to punish myself that's why I have TWO Hot Shot games!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You need to adjust the switches on your 2000 relay on your reset bank. The contacts are probably mis-adjusted causing the extra 1k to score even when the relay isn't active. My dad used to have this machine and he hated the different values for the bonus so I altered those switches so it only gave 1k for each target for every ball.

I wish it was this simple. The 2000 bonus relay is adjusted properly and still have the issue.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Check for solder blobs and bent connections on the switches. Also there is probably a switch associated with the second 1k score on the score motor switch stack that needs adjusted. I no longer have the schematics so can't tell you the exact one but maybe someone else can chime in.

Yes finally!! It was a stack on the score motor #1. It needed to be aligned / adjusted properly.

Thanks man!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes finally!! It was a stack on the score motor #1. It needed to be aligned / adjusted properly.
Thanks man!

Edit: this thing is so fussy you can’t breathe on it wrong. Not back to double counting some...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-shot-bonus-accuracy-?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.