(Topic ID: 188818)

Hot Rod Arcade/Pinball Plating what was your experience?

By knockerlover

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sc93cobra
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180129_190855 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170718_120901 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170718_120845 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170718_123940 (resized).jpg
    52037643133__5768AD5D-90B8-4076-A90F-F49B8AEB8B7B (resized).JPG
    IMG_2231 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2230 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2229 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2195 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2194 (resized).JPG
    E6E7352E-4460-48A5-9CF4-344456A181CA (resized).JPG
    AD5E341E-02AC-40DD-9128-A4EEFFD42223 (resized).JPG
    355E3771-B461-4012-88F5-DC71103F2863 (resized).JPG
    8815E02C-C336-4F54-BC7D-0DFC330A81D0 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2155 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2156 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Hort rod arcade is awesome and Chris is a straight up dude. I've bought pins and chrome from him and never had any issues.

#4 6 years ago

Just stuff that was done. I have sent stuff off to some platers near me that aren't pinball specific and I was initially told one week, then I came back and was told next week, this went on for a month. Part of the problem was lack of urgency, another issue was the polisher didn't polish the parts good enough and the process has to be redone.

I tell you all this because this is the nature of this business. That's why people like Mike C and Chris Royalty are great for this hobby. They typically already had parts that were done and ready for a one for one swap so you wouldn't have to wait and go through the pain of inspections and telling the player to do it again. A lot of the people that work in these shops aren't paid a lot of money for their labor, so sometimes their labor reflects this. Also, some people just don't have enough pride in their job to do a good job regardless of the money.

Anytime multiple parties are involved in a process there will be hang ups, ask any factory worker, it's the blame game or somebody on the line is down etc.

I know some people that have waited several months for their parts because their parts were hard to work with or they had to redo the process a few times before it came out right.

1 month later
    #30 6 years ago

I never understood why people blast out their "bad" business experience with products like these. Some things are not controllable, anytime you take a metal that is decades old and try to apply a coating, so many factors can affect the outcome. Any alloys want to return to their natural state, that's why rust and dissimilar metal corrosion occurs. You can have a very precise operation and have different outcomes depending on what goes in and what condition the metals were in. Have they ever been altered by heat, chemicals or anything? If so, the adhesion process might be different in one area from another.

I don't think it's fair to come on Pinside and in a roundabout way insinuate you received bad service. From what I have read, you have received exceptional service with updates and everything else. You were even offered an exchange with free shipping to attempt to make you happy. Like I said, some things are in predictable, maybe it took so long because the platters tried the process a few times on your parts and the result is as good as it's going to get on your parts.

I hear it all the time from business that they are considering shutting down or avoid certain customers because they are quick to go on the internet and blast out their story before all the dust settles.

I'm not picking on anybody, I would just advise a different approach or just don't post any negative unless it's legitimate. If this hobby is to small to run people off or make them get out of the business

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

This thread started as a question after I had waited 3 months for parts. The experience was shared later once I received my parts. And I think it's fair to offer my experience from both sides. Chris has been more than fair, but also think it's fair to let others know good bad or indifferent. I'm not putting anyone on blast here.

Gotcha, I understand

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-rod-arcadepinball-plating-what-was-your-experience?tu=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.