• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sevenrites
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Opportunity in the wings??”

• I'm saving for a GB, I've blocked my access to Craigslist and pinside market 12 votes
    41%
  • I'm ready to scoop up a few nice classics 17 votes
    59%

(29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

This is another "false myth" which was considered in the past.

Turnover of "collectible" (meaning trend games people want) used titles at reasonable prices is not directed or significantly effected in sales data by new machines, except during the period of EM to SS transition in the late 1970s.

It is gradual process not a "spike".

Only newer collectors "run" to new titles as the rest hold back and evaluate. General minority. Used title flucuations are more affected on economic changes in short order.

Sometimes you do see "blips" of collectors selling off their "crap", in order to make room or cash out, but the price you can pay is not a "deal to sell" lately. This can be a regional anomaly.
A lot of overpriced machines based on value misconceptions of "bling" all over the market right now, more than ever.

Operators do not dump older titles as much anymore, if they still make good money and functional or are not payed off.

Broker and dealers indicate steady sales of used machines which peak interest from release of new machine titles.
New machine titles are always a boon to the market, however large or small.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think once word gets out on Spider-Man VE, it will start to sell well. I own the game and it blew my expectations away.
ยป YouTube video

I actually thought the artwork, toys, and animations was an improvement from the original. Too bad about the remaining features and its low production count.
Maybe Stern will "strike it rich" on the next VE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside