• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sevenrites
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Opportunity in the wings??”

• I'm saving for a GB, I've blocked my access to Craigslist and pinside market 12 votes
    41%
  • I'm ready to scoop up a few nice classics 17 votes
    59%

(29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

Watching craigslist post GB release, I've noticed a significant uptick in sales of used pins, seems like many are selling off collections to buy the new hot title.

However it seems so far, prices are optimistic to put it gently. Curious to know if anyone's waiting out the glut to get sellers more patient or ready to pounce on that title you've been waiting for a while.

Seems like a hot new title is creating a lot of movement in lots of collections.

#2 3 years ago

I think you'll begin to see a lot more up for sale, once payment due dates come in for GB, Aliens, TBL. It's still early. From the looks of it though, used prices will be good or at least level off for a while. Too many options/supply will decrease demand and prices will have to stay competitive for sales to be made.

Initially, I was gonna jump and grab GB, however, I'm gonna give some more love to these older machines that will need new homes and probably pick up GB later this year or early next year.

#3 3 years ago

People say this whenever Stern does any kind of a new release...which...all the time, or at least every few months.

Not sure I really buy it.

#4 3 years ago

GOT and SMVE both had negative hype so I doubt they were colossal sellers. GB, Tron VE, Star Wars will all be gangbusters.

People only have so much money and space.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

SMVE both had negative hype so I doubt they were colossal sellers. GB, Tron VE, Star Wars will all be gangbusters.

I think GOT sold pretty well. I know a lot of people who have one. I have no idea how SMVE has done, I'm sure they want to sell around 500-750 units or so of it.

#6 3 years ago

This is another "false myth" which was considered in the past.

Turnover of "collectible" (meaning trend games people want) used titles at reasonable prices is not directed or significantly effected in sales data by new machines, except during the period of EM to SS transition in the late 1970s.

It is gradual process not a "spike".

Only newer collectors "run" to new titles as the rest hold back and evaluate. General minority. Used title flucuations are more affected on economic changes in short order.

Sometimes you do see "blips" of collectors selling off their "crap", in order to make room or cash out, but the price you can pay is not a "deal to sell" lately. This can be a regional anomaly.
A lot of overpriced machines based on value misconceptions of "bling" all over the market right now, more than ever.

Operators do not dump older titles as much anymore, if they still make good money and functional or are not payed off.

Broker and dealers indicate steady sales of used machines which peak interest from release of new machine titles.
New machine titles are always a boon to the market, however large or small.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think GOT sold pretty well. I know a lot of people who have one. I have no idea how SMVE has done, I'm sure they want to sell around 500-750 units or so of it.

I think once word gets out on Spider-Man VE, it will start to sell well. I own the game and it blew my expectations away.

#8 3 years ago

That's sure not Steve Ditko....

#9 3 years ago

People will dump marginal titles... Keep the good ones.

Marginal? Yeah, I'm looking at YOU Mustang and Wrestlemania
Good? Yeah, YOU AcDc!

Still chuckle at the knuckleheads that predicted the price collapse of acdc when ST came out.... Lol.

I actually thought folks might start dumping WOZ when TH started shipping, but after playing TH a few times- I don't think that anymore....

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think once word gets out on Spider-Man VE, it will start to sell well. I own the game and it blew my expectations away.
» YouTube video

I actually thought the artwork, toys, and animations was an improvement from the original. Too bad about the remaining features and its low production count.
Maybe Stern will "strike it rich" on the next VE.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

» YouTube video

Sweet video, I think Im most pumped that the power switch is still by the right front leg!

Edit-----Oh, those DMD animations are really nice and no more annoying Kirsten Dunst! WooHoo!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People say this whenever Stern does any kind of a new release...which...all the time, or at least every few months.

You're right, they tend to sing this song often...but this time feels a bit different. Been seeing a bunch of nice stuff on CL & have to agree with the op on this stern release...this year will be interesting to say the least.

#13 3 years ago

My dealer told me got was a good title for them. I've always heard good things and I constantly see people posting about buying one.

Smve isn't that bad a price if it's same as a premium. Should move a few units also.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've said this before and I thought you were right but this time does seem a bit different. There's been a little uptick in the number of newer games on CL lately. There's a GOT Prem, Star Trek Prem, TWD Prem and a AC/DC Luci plus some older titles like CFTBL, Flintstones, and Nascar. I've seen at least two ads mention GB as a reason for selling. Prices aren't at bargain levels but there does seem to be a little turnover with collectors right now.

#15 3 years ago

I've got several games for sale right now all at once but it has nothing to do with Ghostbusters. I think the upcoming Allentown show near me is a big motivator, I'd like to make some room before then so it's easier to hopefully bring another one home.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frederick, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside