• Latest reply 5 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

#1 5 years ago

Recently purchased a Hot Line with some issues.

The coin door has been permanently disabled. When you press the start button, it somehow starts with the credit wheel not moving at all. I'd like to add a credit button. Any idea how a previous owner made it work this way, and what wires to add the credit button to? I can't see any sign of a wire hack.

I'd also like to add an on/off switch. It turns on when the left flipper button is pressed. I believe this is the factory setup.

When the start button is pressed, most of the time the score reels do not go to 0000. Any random number is possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Zog

#2 5 years ago

Check Clay's guide for info on the reels: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

#3 5 years ago

Thank you!

#4 5 years ago

There is a switch on the credit reel that indicates zero credits. Likely a previous owner has made the game "free play" by permanently adjusting that switch so it does not indicate zero even when the reel is at zero. (Also described in Clay's guide.) This switch is on the schematic as R.P. UNIT ZERO "BK".

#5 5 years ago

Thanks. I'll tackle that today.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Zog:

I'd like to add a credit button.

What do mean by this? The red start button is essentially the credit/replay button.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
1 week later
#7 5 years ago

The coin mech is missing, so I'd like to install a separate button to add a credit, rather than have the credit and start button be combined.

#8 5 years ago

I generally prefer to have the credit switch (previously mentioned) adjusted closed. The game will think it always has a credit and the start button starts a game. If the credit unit is clean and adjusted properly it will still add replays won and you can play those down as well.

Adding an extra button is a common homeowner mod but it's not necessary for free play. There have been a lot of games I've had where I wished it hadn't been added.

There is a club dedicated to that extra button.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doorbell-clubknock-before-entering#post-3728713

1 week later
#9 5 years ago

Thanks. I want to use the machine for some friendly tournaments and want the free game awards to mean something. It's not a bit deal really. Just personal preference.

Does anyone have a pic of how the 1 point bell is mounted in the backbox? Mine isn't mounted correctly.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks! Today's project!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Zog:

Thanks. I want to use the machine for some friendly tournaments and want the free game awards to mean something. It's not a bit deal really. Just personal preference.
Does anyone have a pic of how the 1 point bell is mounted in the backbox? Mine isn't mounted correctly.

My bell is in the back of the cabinet not the backbox. I’ll try to get a pic.

#13 5 years ago

The bell is at the back of the cab, not the backbox.

It's your game but adding a credit button is a horrible hack. Just not necessary.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
£ 96.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
£ 60.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-line-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.