Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My brother is bringing my Hot Line and Spirit of 76 pins to me from TX (I'm in GA). Unfortunately the PF glass of the Hot Line shattered in transport when he picked them up.
I've searched but can't find anyplace with dimensions so I can get one made. The machine will be here next week and I would like to have a glass ready instead of having to wait to get measurements off of the machine.
Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

Should just be the standard size - 21" x 43" x 3/16" Tempered.

Make sure you tell them to not print the little text in the corner of it. I forget what it's called, but there is a name for getting it done that way and they WILL print the text on it by default. (It says "Tempered", etc., etc.)

Also, make sure they're not charging you an arm and a leg.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks! I have a buddy in the glass business that will be cutting it for me. No text and a good price too!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

Thanks! I have a buddy in the glass business that will be cutting it for me. No text and a good price too!

Great! Even better...

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Should just be the standard size - 21" x 43" x 3/16" Tempered.
Make sure you tell them to not print the little text in the corner of it. I forget what it's called, but there is a name for getting it done that way and they WILL print the text on it by default. (It says "Tempered", etc., etc.)
Also, make sure they're not charging you an arm and a leg.

Not a good idea to leave that off. Anyone should know it's tempered glass. You put that up in the upper corners and nobody will ever see it anyway.

The glass size should be that size, but I just restored a Hot Line and I got a surprise in doing so. I replaced the plastic glass guides that go under the side rails with the part that PBR has available (545-5017-00). I've used those guides with no problems on Gottlieb games. On this game, after installation, a standard sized 21 inch wide glass was not wide enough, and it fell out of the guides. I ended up having to have a glass made that was 21.25" wide and it fit perfectly. It appears that the guides PBR sells under that part number are just a bit narrower than the original part.

If you aren't replacing the plastic guides a standard glass will work. The glass shop will tell you, though, that it is a good idea to leave the notice on there that the glass is tempered.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Not a good idea to leave that off. Anyone should know it's tempered glass. You put that up in the upper corners and nobody will ever see it anyway.
The glass size should be that size, but I just restored a Hot Line and I got a surprise in doing so. I replaced the plastic glass guides that go under the side rails with the part that PBR has available (545-5017-00). I've used those guides with no problems on Gottlieb games. On this game, after installation, a standard sized 21 inch wide glass was not wide enough, and it fell out of the guides. I ended up having to have a glass made that was 21.25" wide and it fit perfectly. It appears that the guides PBR sells under that part number are just a bit narrower than the original part.
If you aren't replacing the plastic guides a standard glass will work. The glass shop will tell you, though, that it is a good idea to leave the notice on there that the glass is tempered.

As far as know, mostly everybody here makes sure not to use the tag. What's the point? The original tempered glass didn't use it, either. I would understand a warning for plate glass (because it's dangerous), but not tempered. You can see it even if it's in the corner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-line-playfield-glass-dimensions?hl=davebuckholts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.