hl6.jpg
hl5.jpg
hl4.jpg
hl1_1.jpg
hl3.jpg
hl2.jpg
Hot_Line_Tilt.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Need help trying to get my tilt hooked back up on a Hot Line that the previous owner disconnected. Does anyone know where the wires go or have a photo to show me where everything should go ?

Hot_Line_Tilt.jpgHot_Line_Tilt.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Bump

#3 8 years ago

Hi potgar96
this (my) post is not much of a help - I do not have a Williams "Hot Line".
You have SS-Pins in Your collection - You have owned a "Full House" and a "Eager Beaver" and a "CARD WHIZ".
So You know about a "regular tilt" (pendulum tilt): ONE (of 1, 2, 3, 4) Player looses ONE Ball (and the bonus of / to that ball). A "severe / heavy / slam tilt": The pin shots-off, ALL Players loose ALL Balls / ALL loose their game. (You bang onto the coin door and the "Anti-Cheat-Switch" inside of the coin door opens).
A friend of mine owns a "Liberty Belle": http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1438 There the tilt is this way: If a player makes a tilt (too much nudging): That player does not loose one ball - he (ONLY that Player) looses his GAME (the other players can play there game - but HE is out).

Here: http://www.stevechannel.com/tiltmechanism.htm - picture-3 is a (coin door) heavy tilt - the "Anti-Cheat" switch.
Picture-4: They write "Joker Poker Playfield Slam Tilt" - I say: This is not true. On my Joker Poker this switch is to make a regular tilt (as a pendulum tilt) - This switch does CLOSE (Yes, my Coin-Door-Anti-Cheat-Switch produces a severe / heavy tilt, but this (coin-Door) switch OPENS).

The last picture shows a modern pendulum tilt and a modern "Ball Roll Tilt".

potgar96, please look for a "Coin-Door-Slam-Switch" (as in Picture-4), look for Switches inside the cabinet (Mech. Panel) and underneath the playfield. Please report - do You have such switches - do they and how do they work ?

When I look at Your picture (post-1) I do NOT see a SWITCH mounted at the "Ball-Roll-Tilt" - I do see ONLY ONE BLADE (of a switch). Therefore: One wire must be mounted onto / touching the frame (the ball rolls on) - a second wire is on that single blade. So the (rolling) Ball acts a "second blade" of the "Ball-Roll-Tilt-Switch".

I had a close look at http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1245 -> schematic. I could not find a "Tilt Relay" . Pins with a "Tilt-Relay" usually cut the 24 VAC Power-Line ("Hot Line": BLACK), see (quite on) top of page-2. But there is only a switch on "Game Over Relay" and a switch on "Reset Relay" (no switch-on-tilt-relay).

On schema-page-4: Near the horizontal line YELLOW (outmost-left) I see mentioned "Tilt Sws." - that means 2, 3, 4 ... Tilt-Switches. And the relay (activated) is an S 27-500 - is it (page-3) the "Special Relay" ? Or is a stripe of schema missing ?
Schema-page-5 -> S 27-500 is exclusively used (16 times) for "Relay-Bank".
potgar96, do You have paper tags attached to the relays - telling the names of the relays -> is there a relay in the "Relay-Bank" You have never used (so far) ? - the Tilt-Relay ?

I had a look at 6VAC-lights -> Schema-page-1: I see a "Tilt-Light" - strange: wired with a switch on Game-Over-Relay and the "Ball Unit" - very strange.

Is "Hot Line ORIGINAL": Only "severe / heavy tilt" - and a preowner wanted to install a conventional pendulum tilt / ball roll tilt ? Please write: Do You have a schema ? / What Relay is activated by the mentioned "Tilt-Switches" ? Greetings Rolf

#4 8 years ago

Hello, been working on a Hot Line also. These 3 pics are of how mine is wired. // Error: Image 423373 not found //// Error: Image 423373 not found //// Error: Image 423373 not found //hl2.jpghl2.jpghl3.jpghl3.jpg

hl1_1.jpghl1_1.jpg

#5 8 years ago

The second pic is the coin door and the third is under the playfield, mid way right.

hl4.jpghl4.jpg

hl5.jpghl5.jpg

hl6.jpghl6.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Life's Add-Ons
Other
€ 155.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Atelier Shop
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-line-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.