(Topic ID: 100561)

Hot Bumper Coils?

By Shapeshifter

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just noticed PBR sell these. Anybody used them? Opinions? Kind of tempted if they give 70's Gottlieb pop bumpers more zing.

GTB-A4893A

Coil A4893

Hot Pop Bumper Coil
    -Customer Requested for giving your EM Pop Bumpers more power

*Yellow Dot *

$7.50ea

#4 9 years ago

Will order some and report back at some point in the future.

1 month later
    #8 9 years ago

So, I finally put some of the yellow dot pop coils in a game for an experiment. Chose a Gottlieb 70's game as 60's games seem to have faster pop bumpers for some reason. So, El Dorado has them in.

They really do make a difference - the bumper is way more reactive. Game seems way more lively. Doesn't really make the game easier or harder.

I can think of a few games that might be fun to try these in. As ever it's a matter of experimenting with individual games and seeing if it works. Purists I doubt will like them.

I had yellow dot flipper coils in a game - took them out, went to orange and might go back to regular. Just want each game to be fun and challenging so lots of tinkering needed!

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Uh huh. I'm really surprised Steve does this type of thing. He is a die-hard purist in many other ways. I don't like messing with the intended design. Wanna mod something? Get a hot-rod!

I would class myself as a 95% purist

But occasionally will do a few things if it makes the game more enjoyable. Easily reversible as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-bumper-coils?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.