(Topic ID: 880)

Horror Themed Pin Hilarity

By Santeh

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

Hello all,

Since the issue of horror themed pins has come up a bit lately, I thought I would share this great post I came across on IPDB for Freddy:

"I bought FREDDY because my wife likes all scary themed pinballs (and unfortunately rotten scary movies).....Freddy was sitting on a farm and was with his second only owner...the machine needed a bit of rechroming (legs, side rails on cabinet etc) but the playfield was excellent and everything worked and every bulb was perfect. Yes the finger blades were broken as usual, but i can fix that.I had picked up a brand new original gottlieb translite from the net for peanuts so all was well for having a Freddy in excellent condition. I played the machine at the farm before parting with my cash and Freddy and I went home....NOT A GOOD MOVE TO DATE......it creeps me out real bad...!! THIS MACHINE IS HAUNTED....i mean it...whilst working on the refurb, tools kept disappearing and re-appearing...i kid u not....i thought someone was being smart, but i was alone with Freddy...when ever i walk in the room, i feel like the sick burnt ugly mother is watching me...it creeps you out and the machine isn't even on yet...AND THAT IS WHY SICK PEOPLE LIKE MY WIFE LOVE THIS MACHINE...it is creepy, it is dark,it is taunting you whilst you play it.... ....I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE MACHINE...I HAVE TO GO TO SLEEP TONIGHT...Freddy will sit next to my Tales of the Crypt, with Frankenstein sitting next to it...Dracula will arrive soon, and between the 4 creepy mongrels, they can all scare the crap out of each other, late, dark at night....and if i get up, and find some burnt weirdo at the end of my bed, talking crap, then Freddy, my wife and the others will find themselves, all on EBAY......Thats how i feel about it...got to go, i smell something burning.......FREDDYS BACK!!"

Too funny!

#2 14 years ago

One of the more entertaining reviews on IPDB. On a side note, I love the Freddy pinball. Very old-school design. A shame they were really cheap with the Freddy glove. Its a good gimmick when it works. It looks like Gottlieb wanted to go back to the old school with the Premier line. Breakshot, from Capcom, is another good DMD game using a similar old-school design.

#3 14 years ago

The only thing that comes to mind when I think of IPDB is-

"Yours truly, Bruce Moyer, New Ringgold, Pa"

#4 14 years ago

LOL!!!!! Pretty much maldoror.

I take their reviews with a grain of salt sometimes. Pinside has better reviews to look up.

#5 14 years ago

Some of Bruce's reviews are highly questionable as well. I hear he is a nice guy and all but for someone to rate a game lower because it has a skimpy outfitted woman on the backglass or playfield and calling it "family unfriendly" is kinda lame. If anything a game should get a higher score for such things...

#6 14 years ago

haha, maldoror. i was thinking the same thing. bruce seems to have 1 sentence opinion on every single pin ever made.

#7 14 years ago

Hhaha awesome review, thanks for posting, funny stuff..

#8 14 years ago

It's a good thing nobody ever made a Chucky themed horror pinball. Chuck E. Cheese was scary enough for me when the kids were young. OMG ... evil animatronic flashbacks .... GAHHHHHHH !!!!

#9 14 years ago

BD that would be a good mod for a Funhouse machine. Replace Rudy with a Chucky head.

#10 14 years ago

Careful , you never know who's on the pinside
    ha ha ha-

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/horror-themed-pin-hilarity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.