(Topic ID: 54789)

Horror Theme pin - (Now with Poll! Please vote)

By hAbO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Horror based themed pin would you like to see Stern produce? (Pinside Max of 9 poll options)”

• Haunted Mansion (Based on Disneys ride) 40 votes
      18%
    • Scooby Doo 19 votes
      9%
    • Elvira 15 votes
      7%
    • Munsters 18 votes
      8%
    • Walking Dead 48 votes
      22%
    • Rob Zombie (Horror/Rock) 22 votes
      10%
    • Shaun of the Dead 4 votes
      2%
    • Phantasm 13 votes
      6%
    • Ghost Busters 38 votes
      18%

(217 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    rz_dead_city.jpg
    RZ.png
    RZ.jpg
    RZ2.jpg
    resident-evil-milla-jovovich.jpg
    ghostbusters_3_slice_01.jpg
    bill-murray-ghostbusters-3.jpg
    i_2.jpg
    futurepin.jpg
    i_6.jpg
    i_4.jpg
    i_1.jpg
    i_intro_flyer_3A2.jpg
    i_cap_upper.jpg
    i_cap_linda.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider habo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This is a spin off of the topic by "Odin" but with a poll. The poll only has 9 Horror themes (Pinside Max). I took a bunch of themes mentioned then widdled it down to 9 that weren’t too dark. I thought that those who might not respond to the thread or lurk would at least vote. It's biased and loaded since there isnt a "No Horror Pin" vote.

Here is the original thread...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-new-horror-themed-pin/page/4

Thanks,
    Mike

#5 10 years ago

I'm partial to Rob Zombie and the stuff he does in concert. I thought that a pin would capture the everything well - light show, music with DMD or LCD

I'd also be VERY interested in a Haunted Mansion or Elvira pin also but I can only vote once damn it

#13 10 years ago

Good point. It doesnt have to be Stern. The main focus was more on a pick of a "Horror Theme". I dont think anyone would mind if Skit-b, JJP or any number of smaller companies would pick up the the baton on this one. <<edited the topic>>

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from treibj:

I like a lot of the suggestions, but the only one with enough current popularity to work is The Walking Dead.

The Walking Dead has a HUGE following. The creators have done a great job of balancing the gore/story/mood to appeal to a wide range people. As a horror/sci fy/paranormal geek attending a conference there was a panel discussion on the show with few of the actors. They discussed the rules, methology, etc. for different types of Zombies in films. People cant seem to get enough of it especially the teenagers.

Here is a "The Walking Dead" pin thread that was a pretty hot topic a few months ago.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pin

When mentioning the "mood" and "dark" I would think that "The Walking Dead" is a good candidate for sure.

#19 10 years ago

Here is one of the coolest original horror/scify virtual pins I've ever played. They used the Predator Soundtrack to get you pumped!

"Loaded with 5 different missions + wizard mode, lots of cows, UFO's, Zombies, Men in Black, Biohazard, Alien Invaders, Robots, Odd-eyed monsters, Cocoons, Nuke plant, Demons and infernal gates".

http://www.blindmankind.tecnopinball.org/dh.htm

i_logo_zombie_linda-.jpgi_logo_zombie_linda-.jpg i_backglass_real2.jpgi_backglass_real2.jpg i_promo.jpgi_promo.jpg i_fflyer_dh.jpgi_fflyer_dh.jpg i_cap_linda.jpgi_cap_linda.jpg i_cap_upper.jpgi_cap_upper.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Blindmankind also did another bad ass Future Pin table about angels and demons fighting it out. One of my favorites... "Three Angels"

i_intro_flyer_3A2.jpgi_intro_flyer_3A2.jpg i_1.jpgi_1.jpg i_4.jpgi_4.jpg i_6.jpgi_6.jpg futurepin.jpgfuturepin.jpg i_2.jpgi_2.jpg

#38 10 years ago

I can't believe so few votes for a third Elvira machine. Complete the trilogy!

Yeah, I'm surprised at this also. I think even Dennis Nordman started a thread not long ago (couldnt find it) and there was a lot of interest/support.

Ghost Busters...with and animated Slimmer topper. Cool.

Ghostbusters would be kid friendly and tons of potential with that title. It would make tons of sense to do with the upcoming Ghostbusters 3 now in production. Lots of snappy call outs and material to use. Hell, theres even a hint at how cool it would be from the rethemed Flash Gordon

http://tristatechapter.com/arcade/ghostbusters/ghostbusters.html

ghostbusters_3_slice_01.jpgghostbusters_3_slice_01.jpg
    bill-murray-ghostbusters-3.jpgbill-murray-ghostbusters-3.jpg

#50 10 years ago

Ooo! It's neck n' neck between Haunted Mansion and The Walking Dead! I thought there would be more Zombie fans coming out

RZ2.jpgRZ2.jpg RZ.jpgRZ.jpg RZ.pngRZ.png rz_dead_city.jpgrz_dead_city.jpg

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Rob loves pinball and has some horror pins himself

Thats a great picture!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider habo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/horror-theme-pin-by-stern-now-with-poll?tu=habo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.