(Topic ID: 54789)

Horror Theme pin - (Now with Poll! Please vote)

By hAbO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Horror based themed pin would you like to see Stern produce? (Pinside Max of 9 poll options)”

• Haunted Mansion (Based on Disneys ride) 40 votes
      18%
    • Scooby Doo 19 votes
      9%
    • Elvira 15 votes
      7%
    • Munsters 18 votes
      8%
    • Walking Dead 48 votes
      22%
    • Rob Zombie (Horror/Rock) 22 votes
      10%
    • Shaun of the Dead 4 votes
      2%
    • Phantasm 13 votes
      6%
    • Ghost Busters 38 votes
      18%

(217 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    rz_dead_city.jpg
    RZ.png
    RZ.jpg
    RZ2.jpg
    resident-evil-milla-jovovich.jpg
    ghostbusters_3_slice_01.jpg
    bill-murray-ghostbusters-3.jpg
    i_2.jpg
    futurepin.jpg
    i_6.jpg
    i_4.jpg
    i_1.jpg
    i_intro_flyer_3A2.jpg
    i_cap_upper.jpg
    i_cap_linda.jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

This is a spin off of the topic by "Odin" but with a poll. The poll only has 9 Horror themes (Pinside Max). I took a bunch of themes mentioned then widdled it down to 9 that weren’t too dark. I thought that those who might not respond to the thread or lurk would at least vote. It's biased and loaded since there isnt a "No Horror Pin" vote.

Here is the original thread...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-new-horror-themed-pin/page/4

Thanks,
    Mike

#2 10 years ago

Oooh, this is a tough one. Elvira or Munsters would be great, but I suppose if it stayed true to the ride and not the movie, I'd have to go HM.

#3 10 years ago

Rob zombie = killer art, killer sounds, killer music. Would only be successful if rob zombie is involved though.

#4 10 years ago

Haunted Mansion get SHAG to handle the art...

images.jpgimages.jpg

#5 10 years ago

I'm partial to Rob Zombie and the stuff he does in concert. I thought that a pin would capture the everything well - light show, music with DMD or LCD

I'd also be VERY interested in a Haunted Mansion or Elvira pin also but I can only vote once damn it

#6 10 years ago

A Rob Zombie pin could be AWESOME!

#7 10 years ago

Hmmmm, I'll get back to ya on this one...

#8 10 years ago

I like Rob Zombie, but I'm bored with these music pins.

Even though I love EATM and SS, I skipped Elvira and voted Haunted Mansion. Primarily because I could really see it being commercially viable while still being fun and creative. It's a horror theme with great pedigree, but it's something that could be made family friendly. Let's face it, the people with money to buy NIB pins are older with kids for the most part.

Shag art would rule, definitely an awesome fit for both the theme and pinball.

#9 10 years ago

I voted the Disney Haunted Mansion route. Timeless classic that would fit pinball perfectly.

Rob Zombie is way too polarizing IMHO.

#10 10 years ago

I voted for ghostbusters. Great theme for pinball.

#11 10 years ago

I voted Phantasm but Rob Zombie was a very close 2nd, if SAW would have been on the list it would have beat everything for me

#12 10 years ago

Why has it got to be Stern? I really think the future of horror pins lies in the small new guys.

#13 10 years ago

Good point. It doesnt have to be Stern. The main focus was more on a pick of a "Horror Theme". I dont think anyone would mind if Skit-b, JJP or any number of smaller companies would pick up the the baton on this one. <<edited the topic>>

#14 10 years ago

I like a lot of the suggestions, but the only one with enough current popularity to work is The Walking Dead.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from treibj:

I like a lot of the suggestions, but the only one with enough current popularity to work is The Walking Dead.

The Walking Dead has a HUGE following. The creators have done a great job of balancing the gore/story/mood to appeal to a wide range people. As a horror/sci fy/paranormal geek attending a conference there was a panel discussion on the show with few of the actors. They discussed the rules, methology, etc. for different types of Zombies in films. People cant seem to get enough of it especially the teenagers.

Here is a "The Walking Dead" pin thread that was a pretty hot topic a few months ago.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pin

When mentioning the "mood" and "dark" I would think that "The Walking Dead" is a good candidate for sure.

#16 10 years ago

Walking dead seems like it would be kind of bland. Zombies, guns, trees, maybe the jail? No real memorable music and bland colors, just my 2 cents.

Ghost Busters, Munsters, Elvira, ride based Haunted Mansion, even Rob Zombie all have way more potential to be great pins. Frankly, any new horror type pin would be welcomed, even if it were Walking Dead. Just seems like there are better overall packages to offer.

#17 10 years ago

Why does the haunted house theme have to be Disney? It would make more sense to just have an unlicensed haunted house game. No need to cutsie it up and/or pay more to do so. I would have voted for Ghostbusters if I didn't already have one. Not sure what I'd do with my custom if a real GB table could be added to the lineup. I voted Phantasm because, while it will never happen, it is probably the darkest and truest horror theme listed. Other ideas I really liked that weren't in the poll were CastleVania, Jaws, Evil Dead and Friday the 13th.

Brian

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

This is a spin off of the topic by "Odin" but with a poll.

Did I do that?

#19 10 years ago

Here is one of the coolest original horror/scify virtual pins I've ever played. They used the Predator Soundtrack to get you pumped!

"Loaded with 5 different missions + wizard mode, lots of cows, UFO's, Zombies, Men in Black, Biohazard, Alien Invaders, Robots, Odd-eyed monsters, Cocoons, Nuke plant, Demons and infernal gates".

http://www.blindmankind.tecnopinball.org/dh.htm

i_logo_zombie_linda-.jpgi_logo_zombie_linda-.jpg i_backglass_real2.jpgi_backglass_real2.jpg i_promo.jpgi_promo.jpg i_fflyer_dh.jpgi_fflyer_dh.jpg i_cap_linda.jpgi_cap_linda.jpg i_cap_upper.jpgi_cap_upper.jpg

#20 10 years ago

Walking Dead sounds like a terrible game theme. Snooooze. I've never watched the TV show, but I have read the first 76 issues of the comic (fallen behind!). What makes it compelling is the human drama, but the setting is pretty bland. Just don't see it translating over to pinball well.

#21 10 years ago

Blindmankind also did another bad ass Future Pin table about angels and demons fighting it out. One of my favorites... "Three Angels"

i_intro_flyer_3A2.jpgi_intro_flyer_3A2.jpg i_1.jpgi_1.jpg i_4.jpgi_4.jpg i_6.jpgi_6.jpg futurepin.jpgfuturepin.jpg i_2.jpgi_2.jpg

#22 10 years ago

I like the Walking Dead show but, I just don't see it translating into an interesting pin. Like others have mentioned, its more about the human interactions/drama than cool sets and action.

Give me a Haunted House, Elvira, or Resident Evil pin. Or even a Halloween themed pin.

#23 10 years ago

How has Rocky Horror Picture Show not been mentioned, in this thread or in last week's longer one?

#24 10 years ago

Walking Dead = amazeballs

Lots of examples of seemingly terrible themes turning into awesome games, i.e. TAF. I'd want a Walking Dead game, if nothing else, to just save Sofia from the barn. That part always gets me...

#25 10 years ago

Would have voted for the Haunted Mansion choice, if it would be an original unlicensed theme.
    Nothing against Disney, but if you make an awesome pin, it will sell, even if it doesn't have the Disney name on it.
    Some good choices in this poll.

#26 10 years ago

It's not on your list but I often dream of a Evil Dead II / Army of Darkness pin. So many possibilities, so many great quotes.

It would have a cabin bash toy for the Evil Dead portion and once you defeat that the cabin would spin around for a castle bash toy for AOD

The first goals and quotes would go along with the Evil Dead movie. It would have the grandma Henrietta pop up out of the cellar like the gophers in NGG. One would be the nice Grandma singing that creepy Mockingbird song. When you bash her a creepy possessed Henrietta pops up saying "I'll swallow your soul", "Dead by Dawn, Dead by Dawn!"

There would be an early wizard mode to wrap up the Cabin mode with "chainsaw multiball" and perhaps a spinning gamefield disk to symbolize Ash getting sucked through the doorway.

There could be a lower playfield Congo-style to represent the "Pit". That crazy peasant lady had a great quote. "Into the pit with those bloodthirsty sons of war!!!"

There could be a pop-up "Bad Ash" like the ringmaster from CV.

The quotes are endless.. Groovy, Your going Down, Thats right.. Who's laughing now!!, Let's Go, This is my Boomstick, Yo, she-bitch!! let's go, Gimmie some Sugar Baby, Come get Some, Names Ash - Housewares, Hail to the King Baby, It's a trick.. Get an Ax

#27 10 years ago

Haunted Mansion +1... Disney all the way!

#28 10 years ago

I could see a really dark Walking Dead pin with a more Pat Lawlor style of capture and shoot as opposed to flow or bash. Think of the modes and the dark music to accompany it.
    Could be a really dark and cool machine, very much in contrast to the loud bash and flow pins we are used to lately.

#29 10 years ago

I voted The Haunted Mansion with Rob Zombie a VERY close second. I'm a huge fan of both.

#30 10 years ago

I would love to see a Childs Play Pinball Machine with Chucky Hiding under the playfield jumping up to scare the player at any given time.

Could Be Fun

#31 10 years ago

Scooby Doo? Really? REALLY??? Who would want this?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

That could actually be a really fun pin with call outs and music. Could be REALLY fun.
    Not really horror, but fun.

#33 10 years ago

Who you gonna call???

#34 10 years ago

I can't believe so few votes for a third Elvira machine. Complete the trilogy!

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Who you gonna call???

He-Man!

Walking Dead would be insta buy for me from this list! (I am missing Evil Dead!)

#36 10 years ago

Ghost Busters...with and animated Slimmer topper. Cool.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Scooby Doobie Doo!!!!

#38 10 years ago

I can't believe so few votes for a third Elvira machine. Complete the trilogy!

Yeah, I'm surprised at this also. I think even Dennis Nordman started a thread not long ago (couldnt find it) and there was a lot of interest/support.

Ghost Busters...with and animated Slimmer topper. Cool.

Ghostbusters would be kid friendly and tons of potential with that title. It would make tons of sense to do with the upcoming Ghostbusters 3 now in production. Lots of snappy call outs and material to use. Hell, theres even a hint at how cool it would be from the rethemed Flash Gordon

http://tristatechapter.com/arcade/ghostbusters/ghostbusters.html

ghostbusters_3_slice_01.jpgghostbusters_3_slice_01.jpg
    bill-murray-ghostbusters-3.jpgbill-murray-ghostbusters-3.jpg

#39 10 years ago

Scooby Don't

#40 10 years ago

Who's the old geezer in the Ghostbusters suit??

#41 10 years ago

I think really the only 2 pins on the list that i wouldn't be interested would be Rob Zombie (Musically, now house of 1,000 Copses or Devils Rejects id have some interest) and scooby doo. There are plenty of other ones that have been mentioned in posts and other threads. The horror collector community is massive and would eat a lot of these up.

#42 10 years ago

OTHER.

Walking dead.....really?

#43 10 years ago

Walking Dead has the most mass appeal right now. If i had to pick a Zombie licensed theme id go Return of the Living Dead, Dead Alive, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, or even Resident Evil before Walking Dead though...

#44 10 years ago

Resident Evil

For Milla alone - yes please.

resident-evil-milla-jovovich.jpgresident-evil-milla-jovovich.jpg

#45 10 years ago

I don't know if Zombieland had such a great following as a movie but I thought is was freak'n hilarious. I could see where there would be some pretty good material to work with on that. Zombie themed but fun callouts. Just sayin...

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Walking Dead has the most mass appeal right now. If i had to pick a Zombie licensed theme id go Return of the Living Dead, Dead Alive, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, or even Resident Evil before Walking Dead though...

I cant believe you guys arent tired of pins based off of something that exists already. I want to see more pins with ground up original design....

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I cant believe you guys arent tired of pins based off of something that exists already. I want to see more pins with ground up original design....

Like some of the sought after games, ToM, AFM, CV, TOTAN, WH2O etc.

#48 10 years ago

I want an original theme!! I was specific to put "licensed" in my post. The thread is focused around licensed specific pins so i was throwing in my 2 cents on the zombie subject. I'm stoked to see what Spooky is going to come up with for their original pin and all signs point to it being a part of my collection.

#49 10 years ago

+1

#50 10 years ago

Ooo! It's neck n' neck between Haunted Mansion and The Walking Dead! I thought there would be more Zombie fans coming out

RZ2.jpgRZ2.jpg RZ.jpgRZ.jpg RZ.pngRZ.png rz_dead_city.jpgrz_dead_city.jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/horror-theme-pin-by-stern-now-with-poll?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.