(Topic ID: 40209)

Horror story of a first pin buy...what was your first purchase like?

By Bbismuth

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizzak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

Discovered Mr Pinball classifieds on my dialup connection and bought a High Speed. The guy was super cool and even delivered the game to my house. Despite looking up machine dimensions and measuring the doors a million times in giddy anticipation, it would not fit into the den - or any other room in the house besides the kitchen. My wife gave me 'the look' but I told her it wouldn't be for long (I hope). For some reason, High Speed has a slightly wider backbox than most other machines of that era.

The guy says to disconnect the wires in the backbox and remove the head and it should fit. Not having any idea what he's talking about I nod my head and smile. He leaves and I figure out how to remove the backglass and am dumbstruck by the amount of wires and connectors in there. No way am I messing with any of that!

So there it sat next to the kitchen table for two weeks until my brother came over and we removed the head bolts and -get this- rotated the backbox 45 degrees so that it would squeeze through the door. Problem solved!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
League City, TX
Machine - For Sale
The Colony, TX
Machine - For Sale
Gap, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizzak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside