Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 523 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7874819 (resized).jpeg
    20841738_1628974497114905_7211153306228254625_n (resized).jpg
    20170522_213012 (resized).jpg
    20170522_214839 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1494 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1581 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1578 (resized).JPG
    Summer League Flyer 2 (resized).png
    Summer League Flyer (resized).png
    20170531_221526 (resized).jpg
    16473163_1257426224340797_406880530347740475_n (resized).jpg
    14542305_10154467881900528_4808157252886159274_o (resized).jpg
    6736812.jpeg
    GameRoom-TurkeyRunState_Park-Indiana_(resized).jpg
    There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #301 8 years ago

I can most likely bring any of my machines, except WOZ, dont want to mess up my baby! Also, how does one go about joining IFPA? never been to any tourney or points gathering.

#302 8 years ago

Sunday Sunday Sunday !
    Metal Meltdown.....this is gonna be one for the books.
    Local Indy bosses Summon the Destroyer (death done really, really well) and Kvelthammer (my favorite vox ever Nate Olp) opening.
    Don't sleep on this Thrashtastic Sunday Necksnapper !
    4 Band Insanity. Summon !.jpg4 Band Insanity. Summon !.jpg

#303 8 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

I can most likely bring any of my machines, except WOZ, dont want to mess up my baby! Also, how does one go about joining IFPA? never been to any tourney or points gathering.

As far as I know, you don't need to join. As long as you're playing in their sanctioned events, you'll start accumulating points right away. Obviously, the more you participate in them, the better that is for increasing your ranking.

You'll find your scores posted on their website soon after they're submitted by the tournament organizers.

You can also make a profile to go along with your name on their site, too. http://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/user-profile

Hope this helps!

Jon

#304 8 years ago

I live in Fountain Square and would put my Simpsons Pinball Party in the tournament if someone would be willing to help me move it.

#305 8 years ago

Debating hitting St. Louis show on Mon. too. If anybody wants to roadtrip it's on.

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I live in Fountain Square and would put my Simpsons Pinball Party in the tournament if someone would be willing to help me move it.

That would be amazing. We can help with the transportation, too. That goes on all machines in the Indy area, by the way!

#307 8 years ago

Main Street Mayhem August 29th and 30th! Location Main Street Amusements, Lafayette, IN. Qualifying several hours both days. Two tournament banks. Modem sternament featuring all modern stern games. Wizards tournament featuring two Dmd games, two solid state games, two EM games. Also a side tourney featuring Americas Most Haunted. All money raised will be donated to project pinball! Custom trophies for AMH tourney, and other awards for main tourneys. 8 person finals in each main and 4 person on AMH.

1 week later
    #308 8 years ago

Just a reminder that this weekend Aug 29th and 30th is the Main Street Mayhem tournament at Main Street Amusements in Lafayette, Indiana. The tournament is listed as IFPA/ Project Pinball Charity Campaign-Lafayette IN on IFPA's tournament calendar. Below is a link the public Facebook event page which lists all of the details.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/103213276693886/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&action_history=null

1 week later
    #309 8 years ago

Upcoming IFPA Indiana Tournaments

Thanks to Tommy for running an excellent tournament at Main Street Amusements in Lafayette this past weekend! The next IFPA Indiana tournament is Sep 18 & 19 in Pittsboro. Please see the IFPA tournament calendar for informational website links on each tournament:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

9/18 to 9/19 - Jimbos Pitstop Pinball Open - Pittsboro, IN

11/7 - Fountain Square Pinball Classic - Indianapolis, IN

#310 8 years ago

Heads up!

Fountain Square Pinball Classic tickets go on sale this Monday, Labor Day, at 12 p.m. (noon), EST.

Here's the link to tickets: http://thepinballclassic.bpt.me

Remember: If you plan on attending and bringing a machine, your entrance fee is waived.

Thanks!

#311 8 years ago

See you kids tonight at MOTORHEAD.
    I'll be the guy in the MOTORHEAD shirt.

#312 8 years ago

Now that sounds fun. Rock out while I sit at kids soccer practice tonight.

#313 8 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

Now that sounds fun. Rock out while I sit at kids soccer practice tonight.

Two words: Car. Pool.

2 weeks later
    #314 8 years ago

Thanks to Bob for running an excellent tournament at Jimbo's BBQ in Pittsboro this past weekend! The next major IFPA Indiana tournament is the Fountain Square Pinball Classic in November in Indianapolis. Please see the IFPA tournament calendar for informational website links on each tournament:

#315 8 years ago

A new major Indiana tournament has just been added to the IFPA calendar. The Olympia Lanes Pinball Challenge will be on Sunday October 25th in Hammond. Please see the IFPA tournament calendar for informational website links on each tournament:

10/25 - Olympia Lanes Pinball Challenge - Hammond, IN

#316 8 years ago

Tonight in Indy, at the Fifth Quarter---the legends themselves--- D.R.I. !
    Caution- You'll get dragged down beneath the wheel, in the pit..jpgCaution- You'll get dragged down beneath the wheel, in the pit..jpg

#317 8 years ago

We are about a month away from the 4th Annual Fountain Square Pinball Classic!

The event is Saturday, Nov. 7th, at La Margarita Restaurant in Indianapolis, IN. (1043 Virginia Ave. Ste 1)

Just wanted to remind all of you who had shown interest in donating a machine that we are offering a VIP experience for the day to all those who donate. The VIP treatment includes: FSPC Swag (Shirt, Mug, Poster, Sticker), Entry into Tournament, $50 Food and Drink Credit.

If you're interested, please PM me your name, machine, and any questions or requests you had about the event.

Thanks, guys!

#318 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonrangel:

We are about a month away from the 4th Annual Fountain Square Pinball Classic!
    The event is Saturday, Nov. 7th, at La Margarita Restaurant in Indianapolis, IN. (1043 Virginia Ave. Ste 1)
    Just wanted to remind all of you who had shown interest in donating a machine that we are offering a VIP experience for the day to all those who donate. The VIP treatment includes: FSPC Swag (Shirt, Mug, Poster, Sticker), Entry into Tournament, $50 Food and Drink Credit.
    If you're interested, please PM me your name, machine, and any questions or requests you had about the event.
    Thanks, guys!

Wow, that's quite the incentive!

#319 8 years ago

Zionsville, IN (NW side of Indy) here. New to this forum. I've had a JD for over a year now. Has a couple annoying issues that I'd like to fix myself. However I am new to the hobby and not very handy. Anybody I can contact for help on this machine? My neighbor has a Laser War in really bad shape. If someone makes house calls, could look at both machines while in the area.

We've talked about heading to MSA forever. Need to make the trip. May be a able to make the Thurs night league happen now that golf season is pretty much over.

#320 8 years ago
    Quoted from sadler28:

Zionsville, IN (NW side of Indy) here. New to this forum. I've had a JD for over a year now. Has a couple annoying issues that I'd like to fix myself. However I am new to the hobby and not very handy. Anybody I can contact for help on this machine? My neighbor has a Laser War in really bad shape. If someone makes house calls, could look at both machines while in the area.
    We've talked about heading to MSA forever. Need to make the trip. May be a able to make the Thurs night league happen now that golf season is pretty much over.

League is Tuesday nights. Load up your game and bring it with you MSA does repairs very reasonably and if you ever want to sell the Dredd let me know I've wanted one for awhile.

#321 8 years ago

Man I would love to bring it up for you to work on while I play your games. Just such a pita to get it out of my basement. If I get my wife on board for the new run of Met Premiums, I'd like to use my JD to learn how to fix machines. Plus my kids may shoot me if I sell it. They love the multiball game mode. I think bladefury has a JD for sale up in Ft Wayne?

What time does league start on Tuesday?

1 week later
    #322 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy a pinball dolly around the Indy area? Or do I buy it online?

Don't need it to be able to take pins up and down stairs. Just want to be able to move them around my basement easily and reattach legs when I get new machines.

#323 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table

That's what I use and Indy's HF usually has them in stock at at least one of their stores. Pick up a dolly to roll games in and out of house while you are at it and you are all set.

#324 8 years ago

Nice... thanks! My neighbor has a bounce house that he rents out and has a huge appliance dolly that works well up and down stairs. He's getting a 2nd pin so I'm going to buy this dolly to move pins around our basements. Use his up and down stairs if needed.

#325 8 years ago

Fountain Square Classic.
    Something to look forward to after Expo....bringing Mustang.

#326 8 years ago

A new tournament has been added to the IFPA calendar for 11/15 in Portage. Also, a reminder that the next tournament is this Sunday in Hammond. Please see the IFPA tournament calendar for informational website links on each tournament:

10/25 - Olympia Lanes Pinball Challenge - Hammond, IN
    11/15 - Stevens Place Pinball Tournament - Portage, IN

#327 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fountain Square Classic.
    Something to look forward to after Expo....bringing Mustang.

Tentative machine list is up!
    https://lamargaritaindy.wordpress.com/pinballclassic/

#328 8 years ago

If you're bringing a machine to the event, please make sure you are here (La Margarita, 1043 Virginia Ave. Indianapolis, IN 46203) around 10 p.m. Friday evening (Nov. 6th) or no later than 8:30 a.m. Saturday (Nov. 7th), the day of the event.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me ASAP.

Thanks, guys! Can't wait to meet all of you and have another great tournament.

Jon

[email protected]

#329 8 years ago

Official art. Be here.Pinball_POSTER_Large_Web.jpgPinball_POSTER_Large_Web.jpg

#331 8 years ago

Killer poster!

#332 8 years ago

Bodacious poster!

#333 8 years ago

Thanks to Kevin for running an awesome Indiana tournament this past Sunday in Hammond! The next tournament is the Fountain Square Pinball Classic on 11/7 in Indianapolis. Please see the IFPA tournament calendar for informational website links on each tournament:

1 week later
    #334 8 years ago

Four days away, everyone! Cannot friggin' wait!

If you plan on bringing a machine and we have not had dialogue at this point, please contact me immediately.

Otherwise, if you have, please plan on delivering your machine either Friday night after 9 p.m. or Saturday, before 9 a.m.

Thanks!

#335 8 years ago

Going to MSA Saturday. Got a good crowd this time, around 8 or 9 people. Anyone else interested?

#336 8 years ago

Just found out I was free saturday but fountain square is sold out. Best of luck to those who entered.

#337 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I had no idea about the drive-in. I'm going to have to check that out. Any place in Vincennes beside the VU bowling alley to play some pins? I'm going to be there next weekend.

Cutter's Way, a bar on second street has a Addam's Family. That is about it.

#338 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Just found out I was free saturday but fountain square is sold out. Best of luck to those who entered.

One spot just opened up! Feel free to reach out to me and we can make this happen.

Thanks!

#339 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonrangel:

One spot just opened up! Feel free to reach out to me and we can make this happen.
    Thanks!

Already contacted Captain Kirk about going to MSA instead. Going to play pins one way or another.

#340 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Cutter's Way, a bar on second street has a Addam's Family. That is about it.

Thanks I'll try to remember it for next time.

#341 8 years ago

Getting ready for a major ass whopping on Sat. I've been to 4 Expos, 3 whorehouses and 2 goat-fuckings, but never played in a tournament. Never been so stoked for a beatdown.
    Last place still gets...a beer....so I'm good.

#342 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Getting ready for a major ass whopping on Sat. I've been to 4 Expos, 3 whorehouses and 2 goat-fuckings, but never played in a tournament. Never been so stoked for a beatdown.
    Last place still gets...a beer....so I'm good.

Should this be moved to The Confessional??

#343 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone who came out for the 4th Annual yesterday. What an awesome time! Great to get to meet some of you guys! See you all next year!

#344 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonrangel:

Thanks to everyone who came out for the 4th Annual yesterday. What an awesome time! Great to get to meet some of you guys! See you all next year!

Who won? Wish I could have been there. One of my first tournament experiences was at the 2nd annual one, and I had a blast.

#345 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Who won? Wish I could have been there. One of my first tournament experiences was at the 2nd annual one, and I had a blast.

There wasn't a stream was there? I really wanted to come but couldn't maybe next year.

#346 8 years ago

My JP made it in the news clip of the event--for a quick second!

http://wishtv.com/2015/11/07/fourth-annual-pinball-tourney-in-fountain-square/

#347 8 years ago

Woo-hoo !! For my 1st tourney ever, super happy with 34th outta 48. Was an agave-soaked party with a bunch of great peoples. Pinball peeps are the BEST !
    CAM01450.jpgCAM01450.jpg
    Trent just manhandling my girl.
    CAM01446.jpgCAM01446.jpg
    Chuck Wurt keeping the train on her a-rollin...

Wish I wouldve snapped more pics, but I was too busy teaching Trent how to cradle....

#348 8 years ago

Big thank you to Jon and the La Margarita staff (especially my kick ass bartender Luke!) for putting this on. So fun, wish we could do 2 a year.
    Thanks gang !

#349 8 years ago

The next Indy area tournament is Dec 6th, 2015 at Main St. Amusements. Great location and lots of good food and beer next door.

MAIN STREET AMUSEMENTS PINBALL OPEN PIN-GOLF TOURNAMENT 2015

Schedule Sunday, Dec 6 2015 Open at 12:00 – Practice, 1p- 3p: Tee Times ($15 entry plus coin drop)

The below set-up is subject to slight changes. We will draw the 9 Games the morning of the 28 games on site.

Playoff Start times may vary on player availability from Classics Playoffs

Top Half will be A Division, Remaining players in B Division
    5:30p: 1st Round A - 4 STRIKES KNOCKOUT Head 2 Head, 1 Game (4 Losses = out)
    5:00p: 1st Round B – 2 STRIKES KNOCKOUT Head 2 Head, 1 Game (2 Losses = out)

- Tiebreakers for Seed are a 1 Ball playoff, Random Game Draw.
    - Prizes: A -1st 40%+Trophy, 2nd 25%+Trophy, 3rd 15%, 4th 6%, 5th 4%
    - B -1st 6%+Trophy, 2nd 4%

12:30p-4p: Classics Qualifying Round ($5 for 4 Games)
    Each player on each game, earns placement points. Cumulative total = Seed
    (ie. 20 players - highest score player gets 20 pts, 2nd gets 18, 3rd gets 17,…last gets 0)
    (ie. Player is: 2nd on Game 1 =18pts + 5th G2 = 15pts + 10th G3 = 10pts + 6th G4 =11pts > total = 54pts)

Top 8 in playoff:

4:45p: 1st Round – Two 4 Player Group across 3 Games 4,2,1,0 scoring
    Top 2 in each Group Advance, Tiebreakers for Seeding & Advancement are a 1 Ball playoff
    Prizes: 1st 40%+ Trophy, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, 4th 10%

Pin-Golf Qualifying:
    - Groups of 4 or 3 Players (9 Games)
    - Lowest Stroke Total is #1 seed on down to last seed.
    - Each player completes target score in the fewest number of balls. Each ball played counts as a stroke.
    - Do play Extra Balls. Extra balls count as a stroke.
    - Also, starting Game 2 if necessary does not count as a penalty Stroke. Write down the score from the first game to determine how much more is needed to reach the target.
    - If you do not reach the target score in 6 Balls, your MAX score is a 7.

#350 8 years ago

Thanks to Jon for running an awesome tournament at La Margarita! As Damon mentioned, a new tournament has been added to the IFPA calendar for 12/6 at Main Street Amusements in Lafayette. Also, a reminder that the next tournament is this Sunday in Portage. Please see the IFPA tournament calendar for informational website links on each tournament:

12/6 - Main Street Amusements Pin-Golf Open - Lafayette, IN

There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hoosier-pinside-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.