Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 523 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7874819 (resized).jpeg
    20841738_1628974497114905_7211153306228254625_n (resized).jpg
    20170522_213012 (resized).jpg
    20170522_214839 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1494 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1581 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1578 (resized).JPG
    Summer League Flyer 2 (resized).png
    Summer League Flyer (resized).png
    20170531_221526 (resized).jpg
    16473163_1257426224340797_406880530347740475_n (resized).jpg
    14542305_10154467881900528_4808157252886159274_o (resized).jpg
    6736812.jpeg
    GameRoom-TurkeyRunState_Park-Indiana_(resized).jpg
    There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 10 years ago

Greetings all from Kokomo. Working on the man cave today. Finished my "pinball slide", which is a stainless steal slide that makes lowering and extracting pins from the basement a one man (and HST tractor) job. Just build a 32 foot "pinball wall" that has a 24" flat black panels with the wiring for the pins coming down from the ceiling, then heavy drapes the next 80 inches to provide a sound absorbing backdrop for the pins. I'm putting my neon signs on the black panels above the pins. Should finish this up today.

Next up, finish the playfield swap and putting the Space Shuttle back together.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sheprd:

Greetings all from Kokomo. Working on the man cave today. Finished my "pinball slide", which is a stainless steal slide that makes lowering and extracting pins from the basement a one man (and HST tractor) job. Just build a 32 foot "pinball wall" that has a 24" flat black panels with the wiring for the pins coming down from the ceiling, then heavy drapes the next 80 inches to provide a sound absorbing backdrop for the pins. I'm putting my neon signs on the black panels above the pins. Should finish this up today.
    Next up, finish the playfield swap and putting the Space Shuttle back together.

Now that's something I'd like to see! Do post photos!

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Be sure to check his Facebook page before you go-- he will be closed for a 10 days around Christmas.

We'll that bites... I'm going to have to take a special trip to Lafayette sometime then to play. There is nothing up here.

#54 10 years ago

Northern Indiana checking in here.

#55 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-indianapolis-500-501#post-1337499

I500 for sale, not far away. Figured one of you Hoosiers might be interested!

#56 10 years ago

Jeffersonville here. The only things I know of besides the expo are collector get togethers. Brent just had one mine will be sometime in Jan and I think Dink's will be in Feb. Tony

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from TonyH:

Jeffersonville here. The only things I know of besides the expo are collector get togethers. Brent just had one mine will be sometime in Jan and I think Dink's will be in Feb. Tony

Small world! Based on your awesome collection, I believe you're the Tony that lives around the corner from me that I got half of my collection from. I got Stars, Dracula, and Big Game working, but haven't done much with restoring Trident yet. If you've got any other project machines you're looking to unload, l may be interested.

I'd love to be in on some of the get togethers. My basement game room isn't nearly presentable enough at this point to host anything anytime soon.

Jim

#58 10 years ago

I saw that I500.. too bad the left ramp is cracked so bad. That ramp is unobtainium as far as I can tell.

1 week later
    #59 10 years ago

Anyone here nab that $500 F-14 that was on craigslist yesterday?

1 week later
    #60 10 years ago

Hellloooo Pamela Gardner !! My goodness...

#61 10 years ago

South bend here.

#62 10 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the first monthly tournament at Main Street amusements is on Tuesday. Also, it's not too late to join the league if you're interested. All the relevant info can be found at lafayettepinball.wordpress.com

#63 10 years ago

Some day... some day...

1 week later
    #64 10 years ago

Hey guys, posted a WCS for trade in Lafayette. Let me know if you're interested. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-wcs94#post-1416301

2 weeks later
    #65 10 years ago

So how does the Tuesday leagues work @ Main Street Amusements? I was watching their webcam around 10 PM last night and watched a few guys playing 8 Ball Deluxe.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Thunder424:

So how does the Tuesday leagues work @ Main Street Amusements? I was watching their webcam around 10 PM last night and watched a few guys playing 8 Ball Deluxe.

You probably missed the league action, it's generally done by 9/930. We choose 5 games each week and everyone plays the games. You are ranked on each game and get points depending on how well you did. There is a bonus for getting the top score. After 8 weeks there is a double elimination playoff.

More info here: lafayettepinball.wordpress.com

new players can join at any time! You just have to make for three weeks in order to qualify for the playoffs.

#67 10 years ago

Need to get up to Lafayette again soon! Is Crazy Tony still working down the street slinging sushi? A day trip isn't complete without eating there and then playing some pins!

#68 10 years ago

Hello guys!
    Don't let my screen name fool you. I am a Hoosier born and breed...I just transplanted myself to a beach in Northern California after graduating from ISU. The winter you all are having this year is a perfect example of why I never returned

I will be back there this weekend, and staying for a week, longer if needed, and wanted to see if anyone could make a reference for places to play. I looked into Main Street Amusements, and if time (and weather) permit will have to make a visit. But really inquiring abou locations in Indy and/or Kokomo, or even just off the road inbetween. My brother and his family, as well as my mother, live in Kokomo. But my mother will be having surgery in Indy, which is the reason I will be there in the dead of winter. I imagine there will be a fair amount of down time while we are in Indy and was thinking I could keep the neice and nephew entertained with some pinball if possible. I know in smaller markets pin maps and locators are not always kept up to date, so I thought I would check in here. And I also know the thread from last fall didn't lead to many results, but I figured I would try again, see if things have changed.

Thanks!

#69 10 years ago

Enjoy your time here... as cold as it may be.

#70 10 years ago

Thanks for bumping this thread. I missed it previously. Just another one checking in from the Region. My brother lives in Lafayette and I still haven't had a chance to make it to MSA... shame on me.

#71 10 years ago

Anyone get a chance to play Mustang at the auto show? It was fun looked pretty good.

#72 10 years ago

Three generations (my dad, me, and my son) went to MSA Saturday night and had a blast. I had the change to play Medieval Madness... very fast and fun game. Between knocking down the drawbridge and hitting the trolls that popped up out of the playfield... I was very impressed.

#73 10 years ago

Caligirl, wondering if you found any pin spots ? I love Indy, but sometimes it strikes me as the short-bus of the midwest....I mean, we're 3 times the size of St Louis, yet they have bad ass pinball joints all over town. Am I missing something in Indy ? Best of luck to you and your Mom.

#74 10 years ago

We head down to Indy tomorrow for the surgery. With this weather I probably won't be doing much hunting without a known destination. Today my face was pelted by balls of ice during part of the snow storm. And this is considered a warm spell! Yikes! I am surprised that with the cold winters that Indy doesn't have a decent arcade with some decent indoor activities for family fun...any of you guys entrepreneurs? might be some serious potential for a business.

My niece is 17, so she is pretty up on the 'cool' places. The mall here in Kokomo used to have an arcade with a couple pins but it has closed. And she doesn't know of any others. The Chucky Cheese here also used to have a pin, but she outgrew that year's ago so she is not sure of there is one there. I didn't think to ask her if there are any at the movie theatre. I know a couple years ago they had arcade games there, but no pins. I have a feeling that if there are any pins on location in Kokomo that they may be in bars, and being that most of my time here is spent with a teen and pre-teen, I won't be hunting the bars.

My bro got pretty excited to hear about MSA in Lafayette. He and I spent a lot of time in mall arcades playing pinball when we were growing up. So if we don't get up there this time, I have a feeling a bit of sibling rivalry will be getting us there soon. And I expect he will be hauling his family over sooner for a fun night out.

#75 10 years ago

Caligirl

If you are still in Kokomo for a few days and want to play pinball you are welcome to come to my house to play. I live 14 miles North of Kokomo off of 35. I only have 3 pinball games, that are all working for a change. PM me if interested.

I grew up around Kokomo in one of the houses torn down for the new 31 bypass.

#76 10 years ago

Broadripple would be a great place to open up a barcade.

#77 10 years ago

FYI, Monthly tournament tonight at Main Street Amusements. $5 buy in. Double elimination, random draw format. Lots of fun! Be there by 8PM.

#78 10 years ago

I'm originally from Valpo, and still go back quite a bit. Do I still qualify as a Hoosier pinhead??

#79 10 years ago

Southside of Indy here. Lots of good folks on IPPL, if you're not involved in it, let me know!

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Broadripple would be a great place to open up a barcade.

My hometown of Des Moines has just opened up its second barcade this year. Its exploding there, and since Des Moines Iowa is about 2 years behind on every hot thing...how far behind is Indianapolis?

I think you are correct, a barcade would do very well in Broad Ripple. Barcades seem to be getting some news coverage lately and maybe one is not to far in Indy's future.

Post edited by DudeMcAwesome : changed ending to make post more insightful

#82 10 years ago

Oursler/Python charity tournaments being held at Main Street Amusements on Saturday March 1st starting at 1:00 pm. Come support some of pinball's greats, and meet your fellow Indiana pinball players!

www.oursleranghelocharitytournament.co.nr

#83 10 years ago

Hey guys! Myself and some friends are heading up to Main Street Amusements Saturday, March 8th. Going to eat at DT Kirby's and have a drink or 2 before heading next door to play Pinball. Anyone else want to join? If you haven't been up there yet, it is THE place to play Pinball in Indiana.

#84 10 years ago

I would, but the Louisville expo is that day.

#85 10 years ago

Bump!

#86 10 years ago

Part_3-- I'll be in Louisville that day too. However, I live right across the street from MSA. Any other time you visit MSA, let me know! I extend that invitation to any other pinsiders that come out as well.

#87 10 years ago

Guess I didn't know about Louisville....I'm heading to the Texas expo.

1 week later
    #88 10 years ago

Well, that was quite an adventure to your neck of the woods! around 14-16" still on the ground when I got there, but at least it was 20degrees! Then it warmed up, melted, and everyone was worried about a flood. Then the tornado front moved through...then is snowed again.

As I said to my niece and nephew, you do have a choice to not live in those conditions.

Home Brew, thank you for the offer, but I was doing post-op watch with my mother, as well as catching up with family, so I never really had time to take you up on your offer. Mom is fine now, except for that getting older part that is inevitable. It was a risky heart surgery, but one that if everything goes fine, is not that big of a deal, she was out the next day, but with limitations.

In regards to a barcade in Indy...why would it have to be a bar? Sure there seem to be some successful businesses in this regard, but in some localities, making it a bar can be very difficult because of liquor laws and licensing. Heck I saw on the news while I was there that they were debating on allowing liquor sales at the state fair! I can't imagine that they wouldn't have liquor sales there already in this day and age. But then Indiana is an extremely conservative state. So, why not another, more family friendly business model? I became a pinball addict as a kid, and if we let generations of kids have limited exposure to pins, then we are not doing the hobby or the community any favors. At one point I was looking at opening a candy shop with some pins, less limiting. But the cost of business in the SF Bay Area was too rich for my blood. Now it looks like I may have a chance to put a game or two into a local candy store...so my dream has not died, just evolved. Anyway, I hope someone seriously considers making some sort of pinball location there, seems that there would be no competition to worry about.

Well, I am back to my abode on the beach, but I know I will be getting back to Indiana again, so I will probably be checking in on this thread again. Best to you all, and I hope everyone is surviving this winter as best as possible.

#89 10 years ago

Yeah, Indiana has some ass-backwards alcohol laws. We hold the dubious honor of being the only state to regulate alcohol sales based on temperature

I seriously doubt a straight up arcade would be successful. In a barcade model, the money comes from alcohol sales and the pins are simply part of the charm of the establishment. That sort of retro vibe would be particularly attractive to the Broad Ripple area.

#90 10 years ago

Greenfield, IN here.
    Just returned from the Ohio pinball expo this past weekend and heard from a prominent vendor that someone is putting together a show around Indianapolis. No specifics other than they were invited. Has anyone information on this?

#91 10 years ago

Anybody going to Main Street Amusements Saturday night?

#92 10 years ago

I actually may be at MSA Saturday night. Depends on whether or not my kid is still sick.

#93 10 years ago

NWI. 219. valparaiso, indiana.

there is a good and active pin league that plays each thursday (excluding the first of the month) from 8:00pm till late at tyler's tender in schererville, right on US 30. (to get into pools you have to be there by 8:30 at the latest). tyler's tender always has five plus tables, clean and in really good shape. right now they have FT, FH, WPT, WCS, and harlem globetrotters on tour. everyone is super friendly.

also, if you ever make it into valpo, there is a surprising amount of games here. figure eight brewing has a (prototype) addam's family, a monster bash, and a star wars (who cares) episode 1, all in good working order. the place would be perfect if they didn't bolt the tables to the ground, makes the games stubborn against nudging and sliding is impossible. checkout the pinmap for other locations (although most aren't in very good shape).

#95 10 years ago

I've been trying to talk to more Indiana players as I get more into the hobby. I'm in Avon. I'm heading to Louisville on Saturday to play as much as I can to help me make an educated decision on what I want my first pin to be.

Anyone else relatively close to Avon?

#96 10 years ago

Fishers here.

#97 10 years ago

If anyone is looking to go to the show on Saturday and wants to join my friend and I in the car, PM me. Could be nice to help cut gas costs down and have good company.

#98 10 years ago

Osceola here. Northern Indiana.

#99 10 years ago

Another Lafayette guy checking in.

#100 10 years ago

The Louisville show is awesome this year. Something for everyone.

There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hoosier-pinside-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.