5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 523 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7874819 (resized).jpeg
    20841738_1628974497114905_7211153306228254625_n (resized).jpg
    20170522_213012 (resized).jpg
    20170522_214839 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1494 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1581 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1578 (resized).JPG
    Summer League Flyer 2 (resized).png
    Summer League Flyer (resized).png
    20170531_221526 (resized).jpg
    16473163_1257426224340797_406880530347740475_n (resized).jpg
    14542305_10154467881900528_4808157252886159274_o (resized).jpg
    6736812.jpeg
    GameRoom-TurkeyRunState_Park-Indiana_(resized).jpg

There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 3 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

that Diner on the end i sold to them. Glad others will be able to enjoy it.

I've been playing the heck outta that diner!

#452 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sonic:

Linked Hydro Thunders are featured at the Skycade!

And they play GREAT!

Also have five pins there: WCS, WWFRR, SG, SW, and BF. Also have a Centipede, Asteroids, Robotron multicade, Pac-Man multi, SF2 multi, an old school BB shooting gun game (!!!), and the amazing Wayback Random Game Generator. And, you know, a double feature of first run movies, with a TRIPLE feature on Saturday nights.

Who doesn't love a drive in movie theater???

#453 3 years ago

Hey everyone, trying to bring a large tournament to Indiana. Would love to get several of you to participate. Information is here on this website https://lafayettepinball.wordpress.com/main-street-mayhem-tournament/ and there is also a facebook event that has been created for it. Online ticket sales/registration will be coming in about a month. Hope that we can get a lot of you to Main Street Amusements to participate! Tommy

#454 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hey everyone, trying to bring a large tournament to Indiana. Would love to get several of you to participate. Information is here on this website https://lafayettepinball.wordpress.com/main-street-mayhem-tournament/ and there is also a facebook event that has been created for it. Online ticket sales/registration will be coming in about a month. Hope that we can get a lot of you to Main Street Amusements to participate! Tommy

That is a big tournament. I have only been to one tournament but isn't that entry fee a little steep? I guess you're probably trying to get pro-type players rather than noobs like me. But then I see you have four divisions. How will you decide who goes into what division? Will this be an IFPA event?

So many questions...

#455 3 years ago

Yes IFPA event http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=13755# . You will be placed in groups based upon your day 1 point accumulation from the 7 rounds of qualifying. Each round you will be placed in groups with players closest to your point total so ideally you are playing people closer and closer to your skill level each round. It is fairly expensive but if you asked a lot of tourney players they drop that on a pump and dump style tournament easily in a two day tournament, it was also big with the hopes of attracting some highly skilled players to an awesome location. The format of the tournament though is designed to guarantee every participant 30 games of pinball in two days and ideally that should equal lots of fun. Meeting new people and getting to play some very new and unique games. Please feel free to ask any questions at all I want it to be as transparent as possible and ideally attract some new people to competitive pinball! 574-596-2668 tsskinne@gmail.com let me know if I can help at all! -Tommy

#456 3 years ago

At $15 times 64 people, MSA is gonna pull in less than $1000 for the tourney. Again, I don't know if that's good or bad but it would be a good idea to make sure it's worth their time and effort so they will be interested in having more tourneys of this type in the future.

Can 64 people fit into MSA? That's gonna be tight.

#457 3 years ago

Yes we will be slightly rearranging some of the stuff in there to allow for more space for the weekend. We figured out the exact calculations on coin drop and they are happy to host. They also host our league every Tuesday, as well as two different monthly tournaments. MSA just serves as host for the events and I will be taking care of the rest so it doesn't really add too much additional workload to them it just packs the place for two days. MSA has been great about hosting tournaments for us in the past as well, and when we have done charity tournaments they have even done matching funds for them. It is truly an amazing place and great for the pinball hobby. We are very lucky to have it!

#458 3 years ago

Sounds cool.

I'm going to try to go up to MSA again this week. I may even try to participate in the Selfie League Tournament. Have you gotten any new players with that?

#459 3 years ago

Yes we are up to 14 this month over 9 from last month! Not huge but if we could keep that sort of growth going I would be very happy. If you don't want to do a selfie time stamped pictures of scores are fine as well, just text or email them to me or you can upload yourself to match play.

https://matchplay.events/live/lplsuperselfieapril

3 weeks later
    #460 3 years ago

Hiked some of the trails at Turkey Run State Park yesterday (Tue 5/17/16) with my daughter,
    ...and we also got to play a few games on BBH in the game room at Turkey Run Inn.
    BBH-at_an_IndianaStatePark_(resized).jpg
    GameRoom-TurkeyRunState_Park-Indiana_(resized).jpg
    I see that there is already an entry for it on Pinside PinMap.

1 month later
    #461 3 years ago

What's the deal with all the spam in the Indiana Craigslist lately? I search pinball in the bloomington craigslist plus all surrounding areas and I get golf carts, trucks, cars, generators, four wheelers.

1 week later
    #462 3 years ago

Saturday in Louisville...
    CARCASS !!!
    Be there, your Mom will be.
    6736812.jpeg

#463 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Saturday in Louisville...
    CARCASS !!!
    Be there, your Mom will be.

No she won't Gryszzz. And she won't be in Columbus on Sunday either.
    It's better if Mom doesn't even know anything about them.

#464 3 years ago

Just a quick note we're going to be doing a get together with the local pinball and arcade folks in central Indiana at the Skyline Drive In on Saturday, August 13! It's our second year of running the SkyCade, which has five pins (WWFRR, BF, Rescue 911, SW, and WCS), lots of vids (dueling Hydro Thunders, Out Run, Jurassic Park: Lost World, Dragon's Lair, Centipede, Pac-Man, several others). It's also a GREAT place to see a movie, and it will be a triple feature with Suicide Squad, Tarzan, and a blast from the past 35mm schlocky gem.

Would love to see y'all out there!

http://www.theskylinedrivein.com

#465 3 years ago

I might try to make the trip RDR. It sounds fun.

#466 3 years ago

Nice lineup at Skyline Unfortunately I am out of town that weekend.

Anyone been to Tappers yet? I may be able to head there tonight and would like to know if the pins are in good shape. Lineup looks cool

#467 3 years ago

That sounds super cool RDR ; hope to bring the whole family. Might even be able to talk ForensicD into bringin his Hellcat.

#468 3 years ago

Aaron from Tappers is a very cool dude. Keeps his machines nice.

#469 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Aaron from Tappers is a very cool dude. Keeps his machines nice.

Unfortunately, Aaron has severed his ties from Tappers......

#470 3 years ago

I went to Tapper's last weekend. STTNG was down. Elvira's flippers were a little weak, tough to get up ramps, but it was still fun. Diner and Breakshot played all right. It was a Friday an hour after they opened and the place was jumping. A lot of people there but hardly none were playing pinball. Pinball was 50 cents a play or 3 for a dollar. I dropped more than 5 dollars on pinball and then I played some vids which is what the rest of the people were doing. You have to buy a drink to play the vids but you don't if you're playing pinball.

#471 3 years ago

Tappers was packed when I got there last night around 6. Pins were all being played so I started on vids. Place cleared out a little and got time on Diner, Breakshot, and STTNG. Diner played great. Only a couple lights out but didn't affect play too much. Breakshot had a dead left flipper but I played anyway. STTNG played great and fast. Replay and scores were fairly low so got a few free games out of it and my initials in a couple times love that on location!!

I would definitely go back. Pins will need to be kept up. Some people who didn't know any better were beating the crap out of them

#472 3 years ago

Was having opto probs on sttng, I got it fixed Monday. I just help out with the pins, if anyone sees anything weird on em, hit me up.

1 week later
    #473 3 years ago

Just found out we will be playing the 1980's goofball comedy PINBALL SUMMER as the third feature this Saturday night at our big video gaming and pinball party at the Skyline! Hope y'all can come out and join the fun!

#474 3 years ago

Just a bump to remind everyone of the special night we have coming up THIS Saturday! Really hoping to see some Pinsiders at the drive in, it will be a GREAT time!

#475 3 years ago

Pinball Summer. By Bananarama. I remember it.

2 weeks later
    #477 3 years ago

Well crud. I wanted to go to that this year but I'm planning on going to Nashville during that time.

#478 3 years ago

Haha...my brother-in-law is front & center on the poster. I'll be there with the same crew this year for free play & drinks.

1 week later
    #479 3 years ago

Fantastic upcoming pinball tournament in Lafayette, IN at Main Street Amusements next weekend that pinside member Tsskinne is running. If you haven't registered yet, I highly recommend it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1715666602037399/?ti=cl

#480 3 years ago

Tis the season. Busload of great shows coming up. Misfits in Chicago Sun.
    Fuckin Slayer with mf Anthrax in Indy on 20th. DRI on 25th (fuck yeah !)
    Cattle Decapitation/Eternal Sleep and 3 Indy bands that will crack yer skulls--SUMMON the DESTROYER, muhfckn LEGION, and AMONGST the SWARM at 5th Headquarter on 27th.
    Get yer boots on Indy.

#481 3 years ago

That last Anthrax album was good.
    Why ? Cause it was the last one.

#482 3 years ago

I'll be driving from Indiana to Riot Fest all weekend. It's an annual family weekend for us. I just wish they had pinball in the arcade area there too.

1 week later
    #483 3 years ago

So, has anyone been here? What games do they have? They have a YouTube video on their website showing games but I couldn't tell. I'm just hoping this place is doing well but honestly I forgot about it until a friend mentioned it yesterday.

#484 3 years ago

Was just there last weekend. Place is great. Has always been busy when I've been in there. Not quite a line at the pins, but almost always someone on all of them. I'm trying to keep the lineup updated on pinball map.

Ghost busters
    Metallica
    Flash
    Space shuttle
    Judge dress
    Tales from the crypt
    Street fighter 2
    Mr and Mrs pacman

Just posted a new menu, too. Everything was pretty exotic but really good. Oh and they have a couple dozen arcades too.

2 weeks later
    #485 3 years ago

Only a handful of tourney tickets left. There will be free-play tix available closer to the event. VIP sold out, although we can discuss it if you want to bring a machine. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1023687137687243/?active_tab=about

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/5th-annual-fountain-square-pinball-classic-tickets-27111509254

14542305_10154467881900528_4808157252886159274_o (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #486 3 years ago

I never saw any updates for free play tickets to tomorrow's Fountain Square Pinball Classic. How much for that?

#489 3 years ago

Very cool! Saw it on the news this morning too. Can't wait to attend this tournament someday when my kids are a little older. Happy to donate my money to much better players

2 months later
    #490 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/Pinvault/
    Hey were are gonna hang and talk about firing up a league if anyone wants to come.

16473163_1257426224340797_406880530347740475_n (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #491 2 years ago

Anyone else going to Texas Pinball Festival?

1 month later
    #492 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I tried... Vehicle failed miserably 200 miles in. Thanks for all the updates on the podcast Tommy!

-Steve

#493 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Quoted from VDrums2112:

Thanks for all the updates on the podcast Tommy!

Don't believe I saw you there Tsskinne. I was at TPF all that weekend, but did not enter the tournament.

I hope to make it up to W.Laf/Laf, IN from mid to late May to visit family and do some outdoor adventures, plus maybe play some pinball at MSA.

Planning to sell my I500 pinball machine soon.
    If it doesn't sell down here in Louisiana, then I might bring it up to Indiana to sell it (if it won't be raining on the way up).
    It's in excellent condition. Looking to get $3500 for it.
    No fade on the cabinet artwork, as it is from the run that had the darker red color.

MLV

1 month later
    #494 2 years ago

Somebody get that little lady a step stool, so she can play some AC/DC Luci pinball. Sheesh.

20170531_221526 (resized).jpg

#495 2 years ago

I found a Stern Star Trek in a laundromat on the north side of Bedford.

K & K Amusements are the owners. It played OK but one pop wasn't working and one ramp wasn't registering.

1 week later
    #496 2 years ago

Ok guys who would be down for a once/twice a month casual league in Bloomington? Chris has 12 top tier titles and we're ready to get this going.
    Let's play ball!

#498 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ok guys who would be down for a once/twice a month casual league in Bloomington? Chris has 12 top tier titles and we're ready to get this going.
    Let's play ball!

That's a bit of a drive for me - but once a month - I'd try to come down and get shitty with you fools.

#499 2 years ago

Our summer season starts in Lafayette June 27th! Feel free to come and join, we had 8 new members last season so don't feel that you need lots of experience or anything, to us its all about fun.
    Summer League Flyer 2 (resized).pngSummer League Flyer (resized).png

#500 2 years ago

I may be in for once a month in Bloomington. And I second tsskinne, The Lafayette league at Main Street Amusements is really fun with no pressure. MSA has tons of great games too in great shape. Been practicing for the summer league, hoping to finish in the top half this year!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 11.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 20.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 12.95
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside