(Topic ID: 5046)

Hoorah! My First Pin! Pics.

By Rascal_H

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pins2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.JPG
    legsShined2.jpg
    legsShined.jpg
    rightDrainRubber.jpg
    brokenPlastic2.jpg
    brokenPlastic.jpg
    termPin3.jpg
    termPin2.jpg
    termPin4.jpg
    termPin1.jpg
    termPinMe1.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Just got my new baby set up... looking quite ridiculous in my living room... but who cares!

TERMINATOR 2!

termPinMe1.jpgtermPinMe1.jpg termPin1.jpgtermPin1.jpg termPin4.jpgtermPin4.jpg termPin2.jpgtermPin2.jpg termPin3.jpgtermPin3.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Noticed only a few issues.

A couple plastics have edges dinged off.
    - Will look for replacement plastics.

One of the Bumpers needs a bulb replacement.
    - Can't see this being a hard fix.

brokenPlastic.jpgbrokenPlastic.jpg brokenPlastic2.jpgbrokenPlastic2.jpg

Right side ball drain doesn't drain. Either post is mounted too low or replacement rubber is too large. I've actually got the ball stuck while it's trying to drain.
    - Will examine pics in the gallery of other T2... and maybe get a tip from you guys!

rightDrainRubber.jpgrightDrainRubber.jpg

#3 12 years ago

My wife had the idea of cleaning the rust off the legs with some Coca Cola and Aluminum Foil.

Before and after pics.

legsShined.jpglegsShined.jpg legsShined2.jpglegsShined2.jpg

#4 12 years ago

Looks nice. Nice job on the legs.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

My wife had the idea of cleaning the rust off the legs with some Coca Cola and Aluminum Foil.

That looks like it works great! GOnna have to try that! Congrats and enjoy!!!

#6 12 years ago

congratulations on #1
    I remember my 1st pin also in the living room way back when
    -good times man

#7 12 years ago

Congratulations, awesome 1st game. I really like Terminator 2. Didn't know that about Coke and foil, neat trick.

#8 12 years ago

Nice pin. You will fix those minor issues easy. Cute Doggie wants steak !!!

Congratulations .. now to find room for #2 pin

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Where do you find such useful wives???

I remember my first pin in the dining room... it looked crazy, but you soon get used to it... that's when you get another... the 2nd one isn't as much of a shock, and I see you've got loads of space there... I'll give it 6 months

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Drain rubber (too big?)

Drain rubbers are never too big dude!!

#11 12 years ago

Enjoy it. I'm still stuck in the basement with my toys

#12 12 years ago

Wow! I'm gonna have to try that coca-cola trick!

If you have trouble locating those plastics let me know. I have a spare set of T2 slingshot plastics.

#14 12 years ago

Good lOOk-n T2 ,, a Pinball Machine lOOk's Good anywhere.. I bought a FT from a dude , and it was Parked next to his bed like a night stand.. He lived in an appartment.. Do what Ya got'a do... Are you Gonna Pimp it out w/ some led's ? I see you have a few in it already..

#15 12 years ago

Ahhhh T2, that also my first. You will love it!

#16 12 years ago

Looks good in the living room!!

#17 12 years ago

Congrats!!! Those legs look like new well played sir!

#18 12 years ago

Not ridiculous looking in living room, it adds to the overall entertainment value of the room.

welcome to the club!

#19 12 years ago

Looks great in the living room and I see plenty of more room available. Sitting is way overrated.

#20 12 years ago

The drain post is set to "easiest". As in it is lowest in the options available. Undo that screw and you will see at least two holes above ot where you can widen the drain. I set mine in the middle.

#21 12 years ago

Congrats nice looking and fun game!

#22 12 years ago

Congrats as well! Looks awesome! Howz the whole Coca cola thing work exactly? Do you wrap the legs in it with C-C solution inside?

Picked up a Getaway that could use that treatment.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

The drain post is set to "easiest". As in it is lowest in the options available. Undo that screw and you will see at least two holes above ot where you can widen the drain. I set mine in the middle.

I think I got that one fixed. I got the LED in the working temporarily. Then it goes out. Not sure if they are supposed to be on all the time or if they are supposed to flash when hit. Gonna like for some play footage and compare.

Quoted from Waldo:

Congrats as well! Looks awesome! Howz the whole Coca cola thing work exactly? Do you wrap the legs in it with C-C solution inside?

We just dumped a bunch of Coke in a bowl, then dip some crumpled foil into the Coke, then use it like you would an SOS pad. Try to keep the metal moist with Coke and scrub with the foil. Not sure why it works (some sort of chemical reaction?)... but it works!

#24 12 years ago

Coca-Cola is a really great metal cleaner/rust remover. It also frees up bolts that were rusted solid and or mismatched threaded metals , like Ti into aluminum that normally bond without Ti prep.
    Even the Coca-Cola drivers use it to clean their engine blocks!

Now who's got the Vanilla Stoli?
    I'm getting thirsty!

#25 12 years ago

I see you got some wood flooring, and you probably put some feltpads on the legs, get the Rubber "Shoes" from Pinball life when you can.

#26 12 years ago

Looks great, congrats!

I think if you get rid of some chairs and rearrange you can get at least two more in there!

#27 12 years ago

Congrats. I've been eyeballing T2 myself.

#29 12 years ago

Made my first fix. A bumper wasn't bumping. Lifted the playfield and found a disconnected wire. Made a late night trip to Lowes for a soldering iron and wire stripper. One really ugly solder job later and I have a working bumper.

1.JPG1.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG

It actually fixed the problem with the bumper not lighting properly too. Think maybe it wasn't getting all the power it needed.

#30 12 years ago

Welcome to the club. Awesome dog by the way.

#31 12 years ago

Thanks for these links! Definitely gonna order some.

Quoted from coasterguy:

Welcome to the club. Awesome dog by the way.

Thanks!

#32 12 years ago

I'm so jelious. Can't wait till I get my first pin.

#33 12 years ago

Great idea with the Coke will be done by this time next week.

#34 12 years ago

Eep just spent $85 bucks on two plastics from Mr. Pinball (Austrailia).

Terminator 2 Playfield Plastic (31-1-50013-19-SP)
    Terminator 2 Playfield Plastic (31-1-50013-16-SP)

Couldn't find them anywhere else.

Gonna order a few more on Marco.

There's one plastic that NO ONE has. That's there Arnie one (31-1-50013-9-SP). Hope to find it someday.

3 months later
    #35 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I'll give it 6 months

Looks like I was out by a factor of two

In just 3 months you've got from being how surprised you were at the look of your new pin in your living room, to having 4 of them...

Nest wager: another 4 in the next 3 months!

#36 12 years ago

Looks like I was out by a factor of two []

In just 3 months you've got from being how surprised you were at the look of your new pin in your living room, to having 4 of them...

Nest wager: another 4 in the next 3 months! []

I know... my original posts are sorta embarrassing just a few months later. I averaged one a month. Learned a lot pretty fast thanks to everyone here. Still have a long way to go but it's a fun ride.

... AND, I'm out of the living room and have a more proper game room setup in my finished basement.

pins2.JPGpins2.JPG

Only problem now is that I'm completely out of space (and money)

#37 12 years ago

Nice collection. You're on pace for a busy year - been there

#38 12 years ago

No kidding, Look at my collection history and realize it has just been over a year.... It's fun though!

#39 12 years ago

T2 nice score!! I use to love this game on location.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I know... my original posts are sorta embarrassing just a few months later. I averaged one a month.

LOL i hear ya i was on the same pace as well. prob wont be finding one in december though

got one in august through november

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

looking quite ridiculous in my living room... but who cares!

I think it looks very appropriate there, that's a living room I'd want to be in!

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Only problem now is that I'm completely out of space (and money)

You can sell your bed and sleep under the pinball machines you buy with the money. Two birds with one stone.

#43 12 years ago

Beautiful, mine is totally a players machine, I'd like a bad ass clean/nice one someday.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Only problem now is that I'm completely out of space

Don't forget that nice empty living room all ready to be filled up

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hoorah-my-first-pin-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.