Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by micro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sarcasm.jpg
sttng.jpg
100_0107.JPG
!!!!!!aSTTNG.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_9807_zpsf8efbc21.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hooked to care of my STTNG awhile back and i never posted here. Ive noticed hes doing alot of mods for Tron and IM and others lately. I just wanted to show off some of his work. Big props!

Look close at the painted Borg ship and other mods
M. Chestnut on the Chrome.
Thanks Fellas

image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Changed all the red pops and lane guides to purple. Also all cliffys and flipper rubber changed to purple.

#3 6 years ago

Purple domes in the cannons

image.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Front cab- chrome by Chestnut

image.jpg image.jpg

#5 6 years ago

looks nice.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks, its a nice piece. Thinking of painting my cannons the same color as the Borg ship. Its a closer match of whAt the ship looks like in the translite.

#8 6 years ago

Borg ship off

image.jpg

#9 6 years ago

That looks really nice, the purple pops really fit in well with the theme!

#10 6 years ago

Front- before and After
What a difference

image.jpg image.jpg

#11 6 years ago

Hooked does Great work !!! Tha Man Loves to Chrome out a Pin . ( M.Chestnut Luv's him )

8 months later
#12 6 years ago

Wow that chrome looks awesome. I have been thinking about powder coating my legs and rails to match the purple on the playfield but thats quite a leap. Seeing how good the chrome looks I might just go that way.

Did you do your hallmark ships yourself? I have a full set of them but I haven't done anything with them. I think I might need to try out the purple pop bumpers too. Did you go purple with your post sleeves too?

#13 6 years ago

+1 on the chrome, looks great.

#14 6 years ago

I purp-out'ed my STTNG when I had it as well with the pop caps and lane guides. Never did like those red pop caps.

#15 6 years ago

That is the nicest STTNG I have ever seen or played. Looks great Chad!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I purp-out'ed my STTNG when I had it as well with the pop caps and lane guides. Never did like those red pop caps.

I went with clear caps, frosted them, and put in slow color changers so they all slowly change out of sync. Very happy with how it turned out.

#17 6 years ago

You need a ColorDMD in that

#18 6 years ago

Are there purple caps? I just placed an order with Marcos today and I only saw Violet which look kinda muted.

I just did my LEDs yesterday. Not sure why but the 4 GI lights in the lane guides look purple in this pic. They are actually CT Frosted Blues. I have a bunch of Frosted Purples to try out in different places to see what I like. There are still a few bulbs that I need to get at such as the cannons and the GI below it. I figured I will do them this week when I replace the rubbers. IMG_9807_zpsf8efbc21.jpg

#19 6 years ago

Hooked is the man!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Are there purple caps? I just placed an order with Marcos today and I only saw Violet which look kinda muted.
I just did my LEDs yesterday. Not sure why but the 4 GI lights in the lane guides look purple in this pic. They are actually CT Frosted Blues. I have a bunch of Frosted Purples to try out in different places to see what I like. There are still a few bulbs that I need to get at such as the cannons and the GI below it. I figured I will do them this week when I replace the rubbers.

I like it.

I think you need a few spotlights though, can make all the difference!

#22 6 years ago

I like it.
I think you need a few spotlights though, can make all the difference!

Agreed. It gives a perfectly evened out look. This was taken in pure dark.

image.jpg

#23 6 years ago

Markmon, you have any closeups to show where you placed the spotlights?

#24 6 years ago

That is one nice STTNG ChadNC thanks for sharing the pics!

#25 6 years ago

That is the nicest STTNG I have ever seen or played. Looks great Chad!

Obviously you have never seen my STTNG. I modded it out with the ultimate character pack set of figures and ships. I can make more sets for anyone who is interested. It is a must on any STTNG!

!!!!!!aSTTNG.jpg

#26 6 years ago

I think I see space for a couple more in there!

#27 6 years ago

Awesome job. I really like how the Borg ship turned out.

LTG : )

#28 6 years ago

I like the purple jet bumpers. May add to mine .

100_0107.JPG

#29 6 years ago

Some times when I add photos to a thread they appear blow-up. Like the photo above. At least that is what it looks like on my lap top. Not trying to derail thread, but any ideas why my photos sometimes show up super sized ?

#30 6 years ago

yeah, this game is a great LED game. Such great colors! Taken in the dark as well with spots and LED strips added. Also added the 2 cannons with the laser sights as well and thanks to markmon's help/doing most of it fixed about 9 millions issues with it. Currently adding some black armor with flake in it

Should be able to zoom in on pic.

The spots are in these places:
Double on lower right sling
Double on left next to that kick out
Single on right about halfway up
Single on left close to wireform
LED strip underback board - blue

Basically the kit from pinballbulbs.com minus the printed backboard decals and top single spot

sttng.jpg

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Those pesky shots and ramps are taking up valuable action figure space.

#32 6 years ago

Awesome pin Chad and great job Hooked!

#33 6 years ago

Hey guys, what's your method for attaching figures to the pf plastics?

#34 6 years ago

Looks great guys and really giving me second thoughts about moving my STTNG out now for another game on my radar. Maybe I can find a way to squeeze in one more game

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

+1, come on, do you really need all the toys?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Hey guys, what's your method for attaching figures to the pf plastics?

I don't =) I like to mod my machine (leds, extended lanes, painted my borg ship) but i'm really not into adding a bunch of toys that clutter it up. If your talking about replacing the ships with hallmark ones, I have seen people say they used wire hanger (thick coat hanger type) to mount them similar to the originals.

#37 6 years ago

+1, come on, do you really need all the toys?

Yes, they are 100% necessary. I like to use cement to attach them to the playfield and plastics, that way no one can ever change it when I die. I think they look fantastic...

sarcasm.jpg

That pic wasn't of my STTNG. I would punch myself in the face if I ever did that to my game.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That pic wasn't of my STTNG. I would punch myself in the face if I ever did that to my game.

Thank god.

That looked like a star trek convention barfed all over the playfield. Some people get way too carried away with mods. Less is more.

#39 6 years ago

I have seen this Star Trek before!

Chad, I will update this thread with pics once it is complete so you can see where it went from here.

Micro

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside