• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by d0n
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 7 years ago

I am looking to buy a Hook but it's a couple hour drive. What should I look for in pictures? What are the weak spots for features that malfunction? Thanks.

#2 7 years ago

Right ramp cracks/break. Impossible to find new. Biggest thing really.

#3 7 years ago

Make sure the ramps are not broke....the right ramp is usually broken in the back corner. Those ramps are unobtainium.

#4 7 years ago

Working rope lights on the Wind Coaster ramp. Sometimes an issue and they are not reproduced commercially yet.

#5 7 years ago

If any of the ramps are broken as you cant buy ramps anymore.

The DMD display is fully working as they are not cheap to buy

#6 7 years ago

New DMD replacement available 333$ MSRP K's amusement, Marco, eBay.

Haven't had many problems with mine. Probably needs power supply rebuild. All my old DE games require that.

#7 7 years ago

They are $299 at Boston Pinball.

#8 7 years ago

Yep. Right ramp like everyone states. You won't find it anywhere.

#9 7 years ago

For $1100 and a 2 hour drive it's going to need to be in great shape. It looked very nice in the initial pictures but will check the ramps and display.

#10 7 years ago

For 1100, it's not bad at all. This machine is creeping up towards the $2k like others. Once the ChadH code breaks, it'll be more desirable

#11 7 years ago

It's a fun game. I had one in my collection for several years. Sold it about 4 months ago.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

It's a fun game. I had one in my collection for several years. Sold it about 4 months ago.

Agree its a fun game it just a hard rule set to get used to and its not a game you can get a high store easy.

Once Chad has a new code for it the game will be awesome. He said in around 2 months he will be done.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

For $1100 and a 2 hour drive it's going to need to be in great shape. It looked very nice in the initial pictures but will check the ramps and display.

$1100?! I wouldnt be surprised if it's sold by the time you get there. I just paid $1800 for a hook. Thats what the average sale price is on pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-what-to-look-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.