• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Yilb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 8 years ago

Hey guys, Troubleshooting a DE Hook Pinball machine. I sold this game a few years ago and regretted it and had the chance to buy back the same game. Anyways, It has a weird issue and I'm not sure if its the DMD or something else. Its really bad with Vertical lines but horizontal is fine.

Heres a video to hopefully see. Never mind my shaky hand.

Thank you!

#2 8 years ago

Make sure your voltages are correct. If they're good it looks like standard old DMD syndrome...

#3 8 years ago

DMD is outgassing. Buy a new one.

#4 8 years ago

I'll check the voltage. If it looks good I'll start the long search for a dmd. Dang!

#5 8 years ago

It does look like it's outgassing to me. I have a Batman that uses the same dmd and have been having issues. This was the only place that I could find that sold them. Not sure what it would be with shipping, but it comes in at $248 USD right now.

http://shop.pinled.de/product_info.php?cPath=7_54&products_id=30

#6 8 years ago

Crap, looks like its not able to ship to the US. Unfortunately it is not possible to dispatch into this country

#7 8 years ago

Dang it! I was thinking about picking one up for my DE Batman at some point. I thought I had heard of US people buying pinled stuff. Or maybe it's just the DMD. If I find any other places that offer the DMD I'll let you know.

#8 8 years ago

No worries. I'll keep searching as well.

#9 8 years ago

XPin should be releasing a 128x16 LED DMD in the near future.
They were doing some tests at the TPF in 2014 in a TMNT if I recall correctly.

#10 8 years ago

Really? I hadn't heard of any development. That would be awesome!

#11 8 years ago

Already that was a year and a half since I seen it displayed. I am surprised it has not already been released.

#12 8 years ago

What bad timing. I just sold one of these displays a couple months ago. Would have been perfect Tony.

#13 8 years ago

Replace R95 before you get a new glass for this one. 33k resistor, the same as the one right beside it.
It goes bad and causes an outgassed appearance. Your display glass could still be bad but a resistor is cheaper than the glass for the 128 x 16 DMD

#14 8 years ago

Tony, I have left over resistors for R95 for mine that we fixed. You can have one if you need it.

#15 8 years ago

John, can you bring one to work tomorrow? I'll start with that and see how it does. One can HOPE!

10 months later
#16 7 years ago

New led replacement for this DMD is available from marco and K's arcade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-pinball-dmd-vertical-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.