• Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3577_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xbdrabbitx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Got a guy wants to sell his hook pinball machine for 1k. Says it needs a servo motor for the left flipper and the display bar (dreaded). What do you guys think. I haven't checked it out because I see it may be too difficult to get a display for it. What do you think

#7 8 years ago

I'm not sure what this guy is specifically talking about. I'm new to pins, and really excited about it too, but with that lacks knowledge. So I turn to the forums and ask how you guys feel about it. Hook has a cool theme, but I know that the display, if bad, is difficult to find.

#35 8 years ago

I took your advice, and just because, I offered him $500, and I'll pick it up this weekend. I told him that the display is difficult to find and thats why he should lower his price. His response was golden and typical..
"I found several displays in 30 sec. 1,000 is the lowest and its a steal you wont find another one close to that price. Honestly have 2 coming on Saturday to look at it so 1,000 first come first serve"
BullSh*t. That's such a typical response to have 2 people "look" at it. Hopefully they don't get suckered. I figured 1k wasn't too bad if you guys had some tips or resources to get a display, but nevermind.
I told him "If you can find a display so easily, why don't you buy one and fix it yourself? Cause everywhere I look they are out of stock buddy. Offer stands until sunday night."
I don't even want it. ryandimx must have found him on the same app I did. I didn't see it on any usual outlets.
PASS

#47 8 years ago

I totally over Hook. Im def not getting it for sure. I was just curious whether or not this is a good buy, and Im pretty sure by now this is not the best deal for sure. Additionally, I am a total noob in Pins for sure. My background is filled with solder work, electrical work, and woodwork, so I'm def not scared to dive in and get my hands dirty, but Im absolutely not familiar with pinball machines yet. I am in the process of picking up a twister pin. It need a little help. battery leaked on the board a bit, and the main multiball feature wont activate, meaning, I cant get the balls to go into the lock, it just goes in and spits back out. I feel resolving the board issue is #1. The rest of the pin is looking pretty good. Its had light play in a home for the last 10 years (with a receipt to prove so). I originally picked it up for 1500, and when I looked at it, I came across these 2 issues, and went home to think it over. After asking you guys here, I bargained her down to 1k, so just waiting for the snow to melt some to go pick it up. I know that lots of people dislike this pin, as bill Paxton's "everybody underground now" line gets old fast, but my wife likes the theme, and that helps. Actually, all the sounds seem to work fine, except when I played, it didn't say that awful line once.. I don't know. But I feel its a decent gamble for 1k. The playfield is dirty as you can expect, but not terrible, and overall in good shape. I dont see any plastics that are broken, and I used the ball to test the targets and switches, and everything seems to work well. Hell only one bulb is burned out (although I want to change to LED anyway). Not a lot of wear, especially when I was looking in the normal wear areas, so I feel pretty good about it... unless someone has something else to advise.. I'm gonna post a pic of the battery damage.

IMG_3577_(resized).JPGIMG_3577_(resized).JPG

#50 8 years ago

The guy selling Hook just finally replied "because I'm selling it I obvs don't want it". I don't think I can buy a pinball from someone who uses the abbreviation "obvs" while negotiating a sale..

#70 8 years ago

It's fine. I'm enjoying the comments and tips. I won't be grabbing this hook for my first pin, no worries.

#73 8 years ago

Yeah. Any outlet is worth a try.

#74 8 years ago

Not to mention the ad says "price negotiable". Bull. What did you offer him?

#80 8 years ago

I passed. guy is an A**hole.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xbdrabbitx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-pinball-1000?tu=xbdrabbitx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.