(Topic ID: 17990)

hook for a lethal weapon 3 pin is it worth it?

By jimster102

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a hook and got offered a lethal weapon 3 on trade should I trade ?I have never played lw3 so what are your thoughts

#2 11 years ago

Lw3 > hook

#3 11 years ago

If it's in good condition yes - absolutely. Lethal weapon is pretty fun! Far deeper than hook if I remember right. Love the artwork too.

#4 11 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3, yes. Neither are excellent games but Lethal Weapon 3 is much better. Layout has more flow, love that subway shot. Much more to do on that game.

#5 11 years ago

Set LW3 up steep so it plays quick and you've got yourself a great game. Best video mode in pinball bar none (shoot the bad guy by pulling the gun trigger up to 6 times DURING gameplay), great orbit shot. You won't do much thinking but you'll have a great time. As far as my own personal experience goes, it's one of the most enjoyable pins I have owned.

That said, if it's not set up to play fast it loses a lot of it's appeal. Also it does have a "cheap" feel to it, though I have owned a T2 which has the same layout without the cheap feel...LW3 is a MUCH better player.

#6 11 years ago

Ok I thought lw3 would be a little deeper hook is a fun game but after having it for to long no one plays it in the family anymore the windcoaster is the best part of hook but after playing my gilligans and black rose its hard to get into hook

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

<P slick-uniqueid="43">Set LW3 up steep so it plays quick and you've got yourself a great game. Best video mode in pinball bar none (shoot the bad guy by pulling the gun trigger up to 6 times DURING gameplay), great orbit shot. You won't do much thinking but you'll have a great time. As far as my own personal experience goes, it's one of the most enjoyable pins I have owned.</P>
<P slick-uniqueid="44">That said, if it's not set up to play fast it loses a lot of it's appeal. Also it does have a "cheap" feel to it, though I have owned a T2 which has the same layout without the cheap feel...LW3 is a MUCH better player. </P>

Could not have said it better myself Ditto everything he said!

#8 11 years ago

Definitely go with the LW3!

#9 11 years ago

LW3 remove the black post rubbers and set it steep. the game play is way under rated and not to mention the Furor himself is on it - lol

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

remove the black post rubbers

+1...forgot I did that too to avoid the near dead stop when the ball hits the top of the sling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-for-a-lethal-weapon-3-pin-is-it-worth-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.