• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5466 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

The left flipper on my Hook game is quite unusual- it swings a LOT farther than the right flipper. Also, when the ball hits the left flipper it gives - is this normal? Or has the flipper board taken a dump?

I've never seen any games where the left and right flippers weren't - well the same- even if they were mounted outwards, or even set apart, or zipper flippers! They always flip the same uhh, "way."

Thanks!

-Brian

IMG_5466 (resized).JPGIMG_5466 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Wrong plunger on the left one ?

Then I'd check for wrong parts on both.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Hmmm. I suppose if the plunger were too short it might act like that- it would explain why it goes up too far, and since it never contacts the Coil stop it can't "lock on" so to speak. Me thinks Hook has a flipper kit in its future. The left one I already replaced the Coil sleeve, replaced missing bolts, and tightened the other ones up. Right side flips like a champ!

Thanks for the direction! Don't know why I hadn't thought of that! Guess I'm still a newbie!

-Brian

#4 6 years ago

Mystery Solved!

I think I'll have a Scoobie Snack!

Thanks LTG. I guess it was because I didn't take it apart, because it was INSTANTLY obvious when I took it apart.

-Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.