• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hook_DMD_issue_2_(resized).jpg
Hook_DMD_issue_1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trickett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am trying to restore a Hook I just bought. The -90v and the -110v inputs for the dmd display are -117v and -150v respectively. The display has several issues, one of which I think might be call gassing.(see photos) The display alternates between left side "flashing" then is OK while the right side seems to perform the same "flashing" then it repeats. Additionally there are missing columns 1,3,9,11,13,15, and 17 on both sides (left and right) I assume this is an address circuit issue and i would figure out after fixing the flashing problem. I am challenged to try and fix this, however if the higher voltage would not cause this problem I think I might consider just replacing the whole dmd board. Thus the question, do I need to focus on getting the voltages down, which I assume may be a zener diode problem or just replace the display which would not be harmed by the higher voltages? Any advise would be appreciated.
Also note this display was taken from a Star Trek, so at some point I am interested in some Hook speaker grills if anyone has any ideas.
Thanks, Tim

Hook_DMD_issue_1_(resized).jpgHook_DMD_issue_1_(resized).jpg

Hook_DMD_issue_2_(resized).jpgHook_DMD_issue_2_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trickett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-dmd-issues-alternating-flashing-12-display?tu=Trickett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.