IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#434 7 years ago

New product for Batman, Checkpoint, Hook, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Replaces Data East Display P/N 520-5042-00

128x16 LED DE displays are now available.
http://bostonpinballcompany.com/Data_East_Displays.htm

Xpin's 128x16 LED DE displays due out in the summer 2016
http://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-dmd2048/

1 week later
#457 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Figured out my stupid rope light problem. I pulled my MPU board to reflow the battery holder that I must have done a bad job installing (because it started telling me to open the coin door again), and while I had the board out, I noticed a shorted connection that was combining 2 of the outputs such that if either one was on, they were both on. Now it's all fixed. Hopefully, there isn't some problem that is actually draining my batteries too quickly.

Time to upgrade to NVRAM. It is as easy as pull the old RAM out of the IC socket and install the new NVRAM.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

And don't forget to remove the batteries.

Oh yeah. Forgot to state that since that is the point of installing NVRAM.

6 months later
#720 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Has anybody ever dealt with the display having scrambles present and every now and then resetting? I'm assuming its the 5v but I read that it could be the ribbon cable as well.

Try reseating the ribbon cable at both ends of the cable.

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from CJD312:

Hi all. Looking for some help with my first pin- hook. I've been having an issue where intermittently if I lift the playfield when I put it all back together the game will lose all my setting such as free play. Even after resetting it if I turn the game off for a few days when powering back on they are lost again. I figured it was the batteries however they seem to not even be connected as there is a transformer zip tied to the battery holder and wired into the board. Also there are other times I have lifted the playfield and after resetting its fine for months until I lift it again. Any advice? Thanks!

Where do the wires from the capacitor attach to? That is not original. I wonder if the wires are shorting out when you lift the playfield as it would be pulling on the backbox wiring.

Remove the batteries, replace the old RAM with an NVRAM and then you would be battery free. It is located below the 2 game ROMs. More info here.
http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

#724 7 years ago
Quoted from CJD312:

I figured it was the batteries however they seem to not even be connected as there is a transformer zip tied to the battery holder and wired into the board.

Capacitor, not a transformer that is zip tied.

#730 7 years ago

Looks like something I would cut off the board. Good chance though you may need to replace or have the C2 replaced on the power supply if you are experiencing any boot up or intermittent resets with the game.

NVRAM will take care of any problems you are having with the game remembering settings.

1 year later
#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Thank you , I am pretty sure I have it tracked down to the TIP 122 on the board . But I currently do not have any to replace it .

Use a TIP102 if you have one.

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Thank you ,that is my plan . I am getting some TIP102s from pinballlife , but unfortunately I do not have any right now .

Wow. No nearby pinheads nearby to get a couple from?

#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

posted my trouble shooting issues in tech so it has a separate thread , look like board issue, thanks for all the input and feel free to provide your thoughts

Can you post a link to your thread? It would be easier to search for others in the future with similar issues.

11 months later
#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from davidh:

I also tested the 3 test points on the power supply board. The +5v tested at 4.1v. The +12v tested at 11.1. The -12v tested at -13.5.

I would change the bridge rectifier and all the electrolytic capacitors. Problem is that almost all these are tough to get out without damaging the board. If you are not able to solder, ChrisHibler would be happy to take care of it for you.

Also disconnect CN1 from the power supply and be sure there are no burnt pins on the board pins or in the wired harness pins. You will see a lot of brown discoloration on the white plastic if there is any.

If you want to go the route of a new aftermarket power supply, I suggest an Xpin board over Rottendog board anyday. Quality on Xpin is much, much higher.

https://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-de5047/

2 years later
#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Thank you.
Any recommendations on where to grab the right nvram replacement?

These 6264 will be back in stock soon. Easy plug and play on this game.
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.00
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.