IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meloyelo51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The white / green wire was actually disconnected from the switch. It was a real PITA to get to some of those nuts to remove enough parts to get the ramp up but I'm back up and windcoasting.
You guys like the 5.0 code? Probably going to get some roms burned by my main man and pinside user @meloyelo.

lol Thanks for the plug, but it's meloyelo51
Fun Trivia Fact: My first job in high school was working the Days of Thunder ride at an amusement park, so the car became my email / screennames and has stuck ever since.

I haven't even played the original Hook myself, but I am gonna have to stop by sometime and check it out!
Gotta love it when R&D is fun!

4 months later
#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Happy to announce that I have released the Hook Version 5.01 patch file.

Awesome! The news we've been waiting for!
For those who can't burn it yourself PM me.

HAPPY HOOK DAY!
In honor of the new code, I have created a Hook owners facebook page...come join!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HookPinballOwners/

5 months later
#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Im officially stomped on figuring out why my sound will randomly cut out and hum or just music but call outs are said. Dunno whats causing this bazaar behavior. Could it be possible i need a new sound rom burned. I Have the newest one. Whats yall thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can help with roms if you get to that point, but I would start with checking your voltages / cables. Unfortunately I am more of a Rom burner than a troubleshooter to give you exact procedures.

Quoted from Daditude:

I have the Hook pinball machine with the 4.08 system. I would like to get the 5.01.
Do i need the cpu/ display version? Whats the difference?
Is this something i could install? If so, how? Do i need to make another upgrade prior to going to the 5.01?

I responded to your PM with install instructions. It's really easy. Just keep in mind that Chad did all the hard work programming it

6 months later
#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

I've never used a pinball machine with a shaker. I'm guessing that would be coded in? Or do you code in the shakes triggers like you would sound files?
Pinsound board is bangarang. I would say its a must for any machine. In order for upgrades: 1. chad's code 2. pinsound 3. everything else.

When the mix is mastered for pinsound inside pinsound studio, LED lighting and shaker effects are tied into the sounds like the length and gain etc.

pinsound studio shaker (resized).PNGpinsound studio shaker (resized).PNG
1 week later
#1709 5 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Go read thisweekinpinball.com i got my hook machine and virtual pin published on there website by jeff. Pretty awesome were getting hook more exposure.
[quoted image]

I feel like a piece of me is in that machine

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Regrettably, I sold my beautiful Hook. BUT... now I need to work on one that's having some issues. The game is apparently stopping playing the music randomly and will only play sound effects until another song starts. It will reset during multiball or possibly just periods with a lot of activity. I'm suspicious of 5v, anything else stand out I should be looking at? I know it has older code on it but I doubt anything this unstable was ever code related. Going to look at it later this week.

I mean you did help find the display glitch and get that fixed...so get to it lol

Is it actually playing the startup sound? Or just losing the music?
It could be voltage dropping to the sound board, possibly when something else is happening that draws more power, bad roms, or roms that just need to be reseated. Assuming it's not a more complicated board issue

Basically the CPU is calling sounds from an address in the sound roms, and telling it how long to play them for, which sound has priority, or when to stop on command, like if a mode or song changes, or another target is hit.
The sound/voice effects are just being called before more music starts and/or played overtop of the music. So once it loses data or can't find what it's playing for whatever reason, you get silence until another sound is called. It's not constantly playing it and retrying the whole time, for lack of a better way to put it.

If you hear the startup phrase mixed in...the sound board is actually rebooting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meloyelo51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=meloyelo51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.