IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattbunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

I'm new to the Hook club as of two weeks ago. I received mine as a gift (I know..."Nice gift!") from a friend. I really love Hook and so does my family.

My machine is currently half-LED (that's what the previous owner did) and is missing the rope light.

Also, like most Hooks the Rufio ramp is cracked.

I think (and maybe I'll open a thread on it) Hook is a ruleset rewrite away from being a much higher ranked game. I think it has some fun shots could certainly be challenging if you were prompted to hit things in different series and combinations.

Mostly, I'm just stoked to be a part of this pretty darn exclusive club.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I invite you to discuss a change in rules here. We'd have to get someone like ChadH of Star Wars and currently JP fame on board. I bet he'll want a break after JP, though! I think a challenge might be that many of the scores or whatever are listed on the PF, so I don't think it would be good to rewrite anything that changes the specific scores, but maybe rather the way you score. Like maybe hit the right ramp, hit the skull, and hit the ball lock to light up the 3 Million on the windcoaster for a couple seconds.

Exactly.

I'm newer to the forums. Do people care that much about the scoring? They're making me feel stupid in another post because I asked about karma points and they say nobody cares about them.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I honestly don't know what the specific complaints about Hook are, but I guess if we're going down that road, it maybe should be in another thread or people may just start trashing Hook here. I guess if you're going to say something you don't like, you have to pair it with something you do like!
I love the ramps and the shots on this game. I really like the left outlane kickback and that you can reactivate it by hitting the correct target. I like that activating multiball isn't too difficult, but even if you activate it, landing the skill shots isn't a given, so you might not even come out with 3 balls every time. I love the skill shot!
I'm curious what plunger spring people use. I think I'm on a standard spring, but the tension feels too high. The slightest pull back can result in the ball shooting all the way past the third hole in the skill shot, so there's very little variation in plunger movement between the 3 shots and an all out miss for me. Are people using the lightest springs available (Blue?)?
I'm still pretty new to the game, and really only have JP to compare it to. Hook seems to have some similar rules going on. Both have you start a mode by locking it in with one shot and activating it with another. They both have a main multiball mode that gives you specific jackpot objectives. I guess JP's modes are a bit more robust and have some progressive goals. The Tri-ball on JP has a progression to 6 ball (not an option in Hook), and I guess there's the ultimate objective of System Shutdown, but I'm not sure whether or not Hook has an ultimate objective.

I definitely have the same sensitive spring issue. I didn't even know they made a lighter gauge. I might have to check it out.

I agree, don't want to turn this into a bash thread. I'll let you know if I start that other thread. For having a run of over 6500, I thought there would be more owners on here.

Maybe we just need to help them come out of the woodwork.

#31 10 years ago

Noticed a small gap just about the last weapon target before the ball gets to the 5 million trap on the upper left. The ball somehow jumped up and got stuck under the wind coaster ramp.

Since I just got the machine, I don't know if I'm missing a piece that supposed to prevent that. There does appear to be an exposed threaded bolt there. I could alway put a cliffy on it.

Just curious what is supposed to be there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattbunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=mattbunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.