IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erikv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1919 4 years ago

Hi all! first post here

I am looking for a part-number for the ball trench running from the skull to the scoop. I have one with broken of mounting point and a nice big hole where the ball gets stuck.

Also, what is the generally accepted method of fixing some wood chips off the backbox? Next to that, cleaning cleaning cleaning as this machine hasn't seen any TLC for at least 8 years... (and yes, I removed the batteries, step 1. Thank god no corrosion)

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

The knocker was missing on mine so I installed one, it knocks for Replay, Match and (I think) multiple times for certain hi-scores. Perhaps other things like Bangerang and Victory award, I rarely see those!
Iirc I've read that the knocker circuit can be used for something else (play meter?) others may know the detail.

Imho just with awarding a special. You can use it as spare kickback/laserkick though

I am slowly dismantling my Hook for a cleaning. You literally cant touch anything under the glass and keep your hands clean. Big coat of black dust on everything.

#1933 4 years ago

A tad on the dirty side

IMG_20200227_214042 (resized).jpgIMG_20200227_214042 (resized).jpg
#1935 4 years ago

I am going for regular rubber for now but whites. This machine definitly hasn't been cleaned or even looked at since I know of it's existence (8+ years).

So for now the plan is a nice clean+wax, clean out all the inserts from below as there is black dust everywhere etc, full LED upgrade (Gi/flash/Controlled), downhole protectors, DMD saver, some new connectors here and there, fresh balls etc.

Some work on the ball lane below the skull (somebody has had a go on it before, but it needs some metal spotwelded) and to bad there is a hole in the ruffio ramp (but not dramatic yet) so I might get another one from freeplay40

#1936 4 years ago

cleans up nicely; still awaiting some parts (mainly my AlieExpress Gi leds, thanks Corona )

IMG_20200228_141936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200228_141936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200228_145701 (resized).jpgIMG_20200228_145701 (resized).jpg
#1940 4 years ago

Two component metal glue (200kg/cm2) and i cut up some mounting hardware to fix the skull ball guide

Judging by the spot welds somebody had a go at it before

IMG_20200307_160205 (resized).jpgIMG_20200307_160205 (resized).jpg
#1942 4 years ago

anyone knows the nut size on the powerswitch on the bottom? mine came undone years ago so the entire switch can be pushed into the cabinet now

Added over 4 years ago:

edit: likely 12mm nut with a fine thread; I solvedit by ordering a 80 cent 2 pole powerswitch on AlieExpress

1 week later
#1943 4 years ago

A welcome sight after beeing apart and cleaned, waxed and fixed. Led upgrade did a ton of good!

IMG_20200318_204145 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_204145 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

I just unpacked my new to me Hook. It plays well until you hit the Skull hole, once it drops in there, it goes dark with “Slam Tilt” on the display. Game over ball kicks out to the drain and you can start over. Playing it a while longer, making sure not to hit that hole and somewhere in the upper play field it will get a skull and crossbones and tilt, goes to next ball. Any ideas what the issue may on this thing?

Sounds like you need to go over the switch matrix. I would suggest you start a game, remove the glass and trigger some switches manually; the under playfiel though (the skull lane) is in the same row as the slam tilt, switches in the same column might be stuck etc. Run a switch test aswel

2 weeks later
#1959 4 years ago

I find chad's code shouting bangerang a bit to much

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Lol, because you're getting high scores all the time? which bangarang call out are you hearing? Have you tried using Pinsound?

I don't have a pinsound board (nor the desire to get one). I think it says Bangarang when the whirlpool ramp hits the max value, since the value increases with drop target hits it goes up fast

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You hear "BANGARANG" a lot more often in the original code since it's much easier to get there with spamming the Ramp over and over.
Watch this PAPA video on the old code... he's just shooting the Ramp constantly. BANGARANG, BANGARANG, BANGARANG, BANGARANG!

Yeah, i can however hit drop targets better then hit the windcoaster ramp

#1984 4 years ago

Just received my Freeplay40 Ruffio replacement ramp (tm) What a difference to the original, the thickness of the plastic alone will make it outlast anything in the machine. A++ job on the packaging aswel, did get hurt a bit by customs on the VAT/import duties, but that was a calculated risk

#1985 4 years ago

on another note; is there any way to limit the sound output a bit more? Even with the pot all the way down it's quite loud (as it's in my living room)

1 month later
#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

With my code update...
If it is your last ball (Ball 3 in a 3 ball game, Ball 4 in a 4 ball game, or Ball 5 in a 5 ball game) and you haven't collected an Extra Ball yet, then shooting the Right Scoop when it is UNLIT (when Mystery Award normally is active) will lite Extra Ball at the Skull.

Still loving the new code; I did manage to reproduce my BANGERANG issue
I had a ball stuck at some point (not on a switch), every 3 or 4 presses of the flipper buttons the machine would should BANGERANG at me (without increasing the score on screen) I have a short clip of it somewhere if you want.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMax1998:

This happens when the Windcoaster ramp value is at maximum and the drop target switches close. I had this issue recently because my drop target bank was dirty and misaligned (the drops wouldn't even come down properly when shot). Any sort of vibration (from the flippers or other coils) opened and closed a drop target switch, which would increase the ramp value -- but when the value is maxed, the game shouts "Bangarang!" and displays 15 mil for the ramp. So it kept shouting at me every time a coil fired, which made the game unplayable. This also destroyed multiball because the game didn't allow me to complete the skill shot.

should a drop target not increase the score as well?

3 weeks later
#2020 3 years ago

Sold mine, getting picked up on Thursday :/ it was a really fun project but I just don't have the time to play it (only when the kids are sleeping, which they do right above the machine ) nor the space to put it

1 month later
#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from Asanteiro:

Hey, fellas, I'm trying to get things settled. I found this connector, I don't know where it goes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Optional arcade Ticket printer if I recall correctly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 64.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erikv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=erikv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.