IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#705 7 years ago

I joined the club but it went straight into the workshop. Had a few buggy test games before I took it to bits but I think from reading the thread Chad already has all the bugs I saw fixed. Couple more weeks and I should have it back together.

IMG_0886 (resized).JPGIMG_0886 (resized).JPG

#706 7 years ago

Does anyone know what the 3 lights behind the mirrored backboard do in game? I never realised they were even there until I started taking mine to bits!

1 week later
#712 7 years ago

Welcome fellow hooker. I'm just using washers on the slings for mine, I'm not aware of a plastic protector set.

2 weeks later
#728 7 years ago

Awesome Chad, some dollars coming your way. Better finish putting my game back together before I warm up the ROM burner!

#732 7 years ago

ChadH just wondering, would it be possible to add features such as a 'loop champion' for the windcoaster ramp? I am a programmer but have no understanding at all about how the software on these games is structured or what scope there is for additions like this. To me this seems quite complex as it appears you would need an additional 'per game' variable, as well as all the logic for comparing, storing, entering and displaying the high score for loops which I am guessing would not be present in the game.

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not positive but I think most of the programming ChadH does to these games is just tweaking the code. Loop Champion would be cool though.

I think you're right and I'm not by any means asking for it as a feature, just wondering the scale of the task at hand. I've got the code running on my machine, shame it still doesn't have any flippers, ramps or any other major playfield components yet

#746 7 years ago

For those asking about rom burners; I have a TL866CS which is a cheapy Chinese one. Works fine for this task and very easy to use. What you will need if re-burning though is some means to erase the chips (a UV light source).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#771 7 years ago

Could anyone snap a quick pic of the left pop bumper assembly for me? I am mounting the two plastics on top but the standoffs for the upper plastic interfere with the operation of the bumper so just wondering if there are meant to be spacers or something between the body and the lower plastic.

#773 7 years ago

astyy top man thanks for that. I changed my bumper bodies so I guess the repro ones are shorter. Will make a couple of tiny spacers to stop it hitting.

#780 7 years ago

Thanks for posting about the plastics, I have contacted him to get the few I need to finish off my machine.

Does anyone know where I can get the ramp entry gates for Hook?

1 week later
#792 7 years ago

Finally got my game up and running today, loving the new code! I only played my game a few times before shopping it out and there were so many bugs, now so much better.

The way the drops build the ramp value is a big improvement, plus love all the new callouts and music.

A bit of feedback, for the croc time mode (which is now much improved), the lights at the ramp do not continue to flash after the initial intro light show. I've had players comment that they understand the hurry up style music and the value countdown but had no idea what they should be shooting for as nothing was flashing. I'm assuming this is not just my machine doing this... but let me know.

Thanks ChadH !

#793 7 years ago

A couple of other possible bugs noticed... by all means NOT complaining as these are so minor compared to how it was previously, but posting for sake of completeness only.

If you are a terrible player like myself that loses their multiball without jackpots AND fails to make the multiball restart shot before it times out, the game continues to play the 'hurry up' music during regular play. It will switch into modes such as croc time and then afterwards continue to play the hurry up music. Only at ball end does it return to normal.

Secondly, when you get the pity multiball offered at skill shot 1, I have noticed on the second ball it also asks for skill shot 1, but if you miss and hit skill shot 2 it still gives the 'good ball' callout and awards points. I've noticed this a couple of times and checked switches... again I don't think it's my machine but happy to be corrected on either.

2 weeks later
#801 7 years ago

I just finished getting my machine back together so recorded a quick video running the latest code for anyone who hasn't had a chance to try it out yet.

6 months later
#874 6 years ago

Hey guys, a couple of game play questions... I have played loads of games on my machine now and I have never ever had an extra ball or special from the pirate ship targets, it's only ever 10 million. Also no idea what lights them for 10 million! Additionally there's the extra ball insert pointing at the skull, never had this either. Can anyone confirm what/how this is meant to work? I am running Chad's (excellent) code update. Thanks!

10 months later
#1508 5 years ago

Finally beat Chad's default!

IMG_0898 (resized).jpgIMG_0898 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=chrix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.