IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MiloBloom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1782 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

New to the board and to this thread. I apologize in advance if I ask any questions that have already been answered, but I haven’t yet gone back through all 36 pages of this thread.

I’ve had a Hook for close to 14 years. I paid $900 for it somewhere around 2005. It’s probably more or less original and still plays well for the most part but I would like to restore it. It has sat unused for the majority of the last 10 years... every now and again we plug it in and get it going. When I bought it I had one three-year-old kid and now I have three, 16 13 and 10, and would like them to be able to enjoy it more.

My biggest issue with it is that during gameplay, the sound cuts out. So that’s the first thing I would like to solve and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on that. There doesn’t appear to be anything in the gameplay that triggers the cutout, and adjusting the volume doesn’t help - just produces static noise in the speakers when I turn the knob.

Past that, wondering if anyone had any suggestions on diving into this machine for someone who hasn’t worked on a pinball machine before. Everything besides the sound seems to work ok... there are some bulbs out, but a LED upgrade seems like a logical early step anyway, along with replacing all the rubber. But there doesn’t appear to be any cracked plastic or anything like that. Just wondering what are good resources out there to guide me through things like this, and what are other basic things that should be done while I’m in there.

Thanks in advance.

8 months later
#1957 4 years ago

Hello everyone - my Hook machine plays fine but has no sound at all anymore. It used to cut in and out, and seemed to "reset" itself at the end of a ball, but now it's completely silent. If I try to adjust the volume I get brief static through the speakers but that's it.

I am interested in a new Pinsound board anyway, but I'm wondering if that would solve the problem on its own or if there's anything else I need to check first.

Thanks in advance.

#1962 4 years ago

This is terrific, thank you... I'm not good at electrical stuff at all but my son is, so I'll go through this with him and see what we can figure out.

I definitely want to go with the Pinsound board at some point, but it'd be good if we can figure out a way to keep this one working for now.

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from MiloBloom:

Hello everyone - my Hook machine plays fine but has no sound at all anymore.

Would it make sense that changing my batteries would fix this? I finally got the backboard open today and one of the batteries had kind of burst, although fortunately it didn’t make a mess. I changed them and the sound worked again. I haven’t tested any voltages yet but I may not need to at the moment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MiloBloom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back?tu=MiloBloom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.