Topic Stats

• 1,917 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by bobwiley
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 530 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B204B9A4-A4BA-4FA6-89FF-D7E3F63B8CC5 (resized).jpeg
20191211_000518 (resized).jpg
9D97E02D-1194-44AC-9C8F-27A95E159661 (resized).jpeg
09EA52C1-D15C-467E-B737-92EF51AB30A6 (resized).jpeg
9FF5C02B-8C7E-49D1-9C41-FD3232AC8705 (resized).png
2B256962-4D8B-4CB9-A5BF-6DF3498EDDF0 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
A2F81AD2-ECCA-4D4C-A384-55EB5B2CA166 (resized).jpeg
C8E05A34-D45D-4830-9AB1-375F3E0D2C48 (resized).jpeg
when-in-doubt-c4-meme_79 (resized).png
pin2dmdsmalldis (resized).jpg
20190815_115303 (resized).jpg
20190815_082134 (resized).jpg
20190815_082003 (resized).jpg
20190815_082643 (resized).jpg
20190815_082354 (resized).jpg

There are 1917 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 39.
#1901 6 days ago

Still not sure how changing a diode on a lamp socket wiped out a bridge

#1902 6 days ago

I think it just failed I'm the second owner of this game and almost all the parts in it are original

#1903 6 days ago

I've owned this hook since 1994

#1904 5 days ago

Could be just coincidence. Stranger things have happened. Let us know how you make out with the bridge

#1905 2 days ago

Man this game is fun! The new code is awesome! I’ve been playing it a lot the last week, a couple games around 300 million and then last night 426 million. Tournament mode, no extra balls. Got into multiball 3 times, got to bangarang And scored some good points in the modes like croc time and fast scoring along the way, and got the wind coaster ramp up to some pretty big values. I was a huge fan of the movie growing up. This game really immerses you into the adventure atmosphere with the music, call outs, sword fighting sounds, cannons, etc. also just found out this week that the modes on the right scoop are stackable with multiball. This game is a lot deeper than it gets credit for. I’m really glad that so many people either hated the movie or just wrote the game off because they thought the only way to get points was to spam the ramp. It made it affordable for me and my family, who cares what the pin side ranking is, it’s just pure fun!
Also changed the bulbs on the jackpot ramps to blue LEDs, with all the flashing going on in the game during multiball it can be hard to see what the jackpot is if you don’t know what you are doing, now it really stands out and looks great.

B204B9A4-A4BA-4FA6-89FF-D7E3F63B8CC5 (resized).jpeg
#1906 2 days ago

parkshow30 you should get a pinsound board for it too

#1907 2 days ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

parkshow30 you should get a pinsound board for it too

I have heard this recommended, Haven’t looked into it yet. I will have to check it out, thanks.

#1908 2 days ago

parkshow30 good review for me chad code saved this game. I've just got a colour pin2dmd for mine looks great, side art blades too.

#1909 2 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I have heard this recommended, Haven’t looked into it yet. I will have to check it out, thanks.

Therea no checking into it. If you loved the movie you must get one. Makes it seem like a completely different game. I was hesitant at first just because the price. After installing it i have never looked back and wondered how did i play it without pinsound.

#1910 2 days ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Therea no checking into it. If you loved the movie you must get one. Makes it seem like a completely different game. I was hesitant at first just because the price. After installing it i have never looked back and wondered how did i play it without pinsound.

Now I'm wanting one too. Are the Hook sounds available to download from somewhere?

#1911 2 days ago
Quoted from astyy:

Now I'm wanting one too. Are the Hook sounds available to download from somewhere?

I can send you the files once your ready for it. Just shoot me a pm. I also have saved files for the shaker kit to go with the sounds. You can add a shaker kit to the pinsound plus board made by pinsound.

#1912 1 day ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I got the colored display and makes a huge difference...

#1913 22 hours ago
Quoted from astyy:

Now I'm wanting one too.

The three things any Hook machine should have is:
1. Be in working condition
2. Chad's code
3. Pinsound

#1914 17 hours ago

I have a HOOK pinball that my grandfather bought sometime in the early '90s that I have finally got working again. I have changed all the bulbs to LED, got some things repaired on the boards in the back, which controlled the vertical up kick.

Only one small issue is the right flipper is now sticking. I need to buy a rebuild kit for the flippers, but should I also replace the coils?

While I am doing this, can I upgrade the flipper buttons to illuminated buttons?

What is a pinsound, and where do I get one, and how do I install it.

Anything else I should do to this thing?

#1915 16 hours ago
Quoted from boogieman98:

I have a HOOK pinball that my grandfather bought sometime in the early '90s that I have finally got working again. I have changed all the bulbs to LED, got some things repaired on the boards in the back, which controlled the vertical up kick.
Only one small issue is the right flipper is now sticking. I need to buy a rebuild kit for the flippers, but should I also replace the coils?
While I am doing this, can I upgrade the flipper buttons to illuminated buttons?
What is a pinsound, and where do I get one, and how do I install it.

I did the colored screen in mine..Made the game look way more modern...

#1916 11 hours ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I did the colored screen in mine..Made the game look way more modern...

Agreed!

By default Hook only uses 2 brightness levels on the DMD which in that video are replaced by white and red only. Pin2dmd looks better still if you apply a full colouring map - vbobrusev on here has done a great job that he sells. I'm doing my own but it takes weeks!

#1917 5 hours ago
Quoted from boogieman98:What is a pinsound, and where do I get one, and how do I install it.

Pinsound is a replacement for your stock soundboard. It allows you to have and switch between multiple "soundtracks," callouts for a game, and the volume level for callouts and music. It also has options to use headphones and other things. a new version has the ability to hook up a shaker motor and customize the vibrations to your game. https://www.pinsound.org/

If you haven't yet, upgrade your game's ROM to chad's version. Rule changes, audio changes, etc were all done by him to make the game much much much better.

https://www.pinballcode.com/

Do those two things. You won't regret the money spent on a pinsound and the change to the new ROM. To quote a certain pirate, "Have I ever made a promise I haven't kept?"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leeper, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1917 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 39.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside