IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Awesome! Have you checked out a pin sound board yet?

Have checked the pinsound and IT looks so great, my next purchase 2020 wil be pinsound board

1 week later
#1852 4 years ago

This press ad on Ebay including Hook from "back in the day" is interesting

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1853 4 years ago

Full led, before And afther like a new game

9FF5C02B-8C7E-49D1-9C41-FD3232AC8705 (resized).png9FF5C02B-8C7E-49D1-9C41-FD3232AC8705 (resized).png2B256962-4D8B-4CB9-A5BF-6DF3498EDDF0 (resized).png2B256962-4D8B-4CB9-A5BF-6DF3498EDDF0 (resized).png
#1854 4 years ago

I love hook. In about a year's time your really going to wish you stuck with warm/natural white for your lighting......

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I love hook. In about a year's time your really going to wish you stuck with warm/natural white for your lighting......

Agreed. And your gonna want to addd a spotlight above each sling. For me its a must

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from Run22:

Full led, before And afther like a new game [quoted image][quoted image]

Why didn't you go color? I went color and it is amazing.

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Why didn't you go color? I went color and it is amazing.

He must be using “tasteful” LEDs. Not all need to be color.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

He must be using “tasteful” LEDs. Not all need to be color.

I was thinking he changed the DMD panel..I just figured out he meant the GI bulbs..lol

4 weeks later
#1859 4 years ago

OMG new problem when ewery thing was so fine, I was playing and the skil shot wouldent kick out the ball and the flipper on left is Went dead, right side flipper werry weak. Wath can be wrong?

#1860 4 years ago

Check all your fuses. Sounds like your coil power is out.

#1861 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Check all your fuses. Sounds like your coil power is out.

Thx for help Chalkey, It was the fuse F5 on the PPB, now ewerything works

#1862 4 years ago

Sometimes it is "just a fuse" you got lucky!

2 weeks later
#1863 4 years ago

I’m in the club! Just got back from a 12 hour trip and have a very nice hook ready to get down to my basement! Looking forward to learning about this machine and getting Chads ROM for it

09EA52C1-D15C-467E-B737-92EF51AB30A6 (resized).jpeg09EA52C1-D15C-467E-B737-92EF51AB30A6 (resized).jpeg9D97E02D-1194-44AC-9C8F-27A95E159661 (resized).jpeg9D97E02D-1194-44AC-9C8F-27A95E159661 (resized).jpeg
#1864 4 years ago

The before and after of my Hook.

20191211_000518 (resized).jpg20191211_000518 (resized).jpg
#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from osver:

The before and after of my Hook.[quoted image]

I bought a White Water years ago that looked exactly like your before photo. Turned out to be an absolute gem underneath!

#1866 4 years ago

Im thinking about busting out my nos hook playfield and get a list together for all new hardware. I know a couple people were asking for some pics of the pf. Juat let me know what pics you would like to see. By chance has anyone came across new stand up targets (3 bank) they are clear. Ive been on the hunt every day for well over a year and still trying to find a few things. This machine sure is a tough one

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I bought a White Water years ago that looked exactly like your before photo. Turned out to be an absolute gem underneath!

It's amazing how well that dust, from being stored with no playfield glass, can protect the art underneath.

The service records I found in it stopped in '99, so it may have sat for 20 years before I got to it.

#1868 4 years ago

Going to order the 5.01 ROMs from Matt’s Basement today, a couple questions about the rule changes.
Now that the drop targets increase the ramp value and shooting the ramp does not increase the value, do the insert lights still progressively move up as you hit the drop targets?
In multiball, does hitting the weapon targets still increase the jackpots or are they only increased each time they are collected?
Is the right ramp to left ramp to VUK combo still the same? Didn’t see anything about it in the rules, only played a dozen times so far but that’s one of my favorite things to do in the game. Thanks

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Going to order the 5.01 ROMs from Matt’s Basement today, a couple questions about the rule changes.
Now that the drop targets increase the ramp value and shooting the ramp does not increase the value, do the insert lights still progressively move up as you hit the drop targets?
In multiball, does hitting the weapon targets still increase the jackpots or are they only increased each time they are collected?
Is the right ramp to left ramp to VUK combo still the same? Didn’t see anything about it in the rules, only played a dozen times so far but that’s one of my favorite things to do in the game. Thanks

Yes the drop targets increase the windcoaster value and the light up the ship in order. Every drop target hit will increase. Once you get it to 3 million it will increase by 1 million per drop target hit and will max out at 15 million. You can hit the windcoaster up to 3 consecutive times then it will reset. The combo shot is still in there and will give you 5 million upon completing. Weapon targets still increase jackpot.

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Yes the drop targets increase the windcoaster value and the light up the ship in order. Every drop target hit will increase. Once you get it to 3 million it will increase by 1 million per drop target hit and will max out at 15 million. You can hit the windcoaster up to 3 consecutive times then it will reset. The combo shot is still in there and will give you 5 million upon completing. Weapon targets still increase jackpot.

Sounds great, can’t wait to try the new code out!

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Sounds great, can’t wait to try the new code out!

On the old code i believe you could spam windcoaster. The new code is definitely a more balanced game as far as scoring goes in my opinion. If you got the money to spend i would not hesitate on getting a pinsound board for the custom sound and speech from the movie. Makes it a completly different game

#1872 4 years ago

Played the new code for a couple games tonight. Have it set to tournament mode. I really enjoy it. Huge improvement for the game. With this code and the price point the game is at right now it’s got to be one of the best values in pinball for pure fun.
One question, I was reading that there are victory laps in this game, how do you get to them and what do you get out of them? I got victory laps on Jurassic Park once while playing on location but don’t remember what I did to get it. Thanks

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Played the new code for a couple games tonight. Have it set to tournament mode. I really enjoy it. Huge improvement for the game. With this code and the price point the game is at right now it’s got to be one of the best values in pinball for pure fun.
One question, I was reading that there are victory laps in this game, how do you get to them and what do you get out of them? I got victory laps on Jurassic Park once while playing on location but don’t remember what I did to get it. Thanks

Victory lap comes up when you reach the replay value. Hit the ramp to collect if i remember correctly 15 mil.
Not sure if this would come up if you have it in tournament mode

#1874 4 years ago

So I had a light not working on my hook it was the 20 million arrow in front of the skull scoop simple fix replace the diode now it works but when I turn the machine on now all of the playfield lights come on the back box lights come on the + 5 LED comes on on the CPU board and nothing else happens no DMD display and the game does not boot please help I have no idea where to begin

#1875 4 years ago

Also before I replace the diode on that 20 million aerolite everything worked perfectly fine on hook except for that one light absolutely no issues at all

#1876 4 years ago

Also before I replace that diode on the 20 million light everything on the machine worked perfectly fine no problems whatsoever except for that one light

#1877 4 years ago

Are you sure you replaced the diode facing the right way?

#1878 4 years ago

Yes I made it have solutely sure I installed it the correct way

#1879 4 years ago

Yes I made absolutely sure I installed it the correct way

#1880 4 years ago

Double check that area and make sure nothing is touching (shorted)

#1881 4 years ago

I was just doing that and double-checked the diode to make sure it was the correct way and I see nothing wrong in that area the power supply is directly below that on the floor of the cabinet with the play field in the up position when I soldered the diode on and I see no solder on it or on the floor of the cabinet anywhere and I see nothing burnt or shorted wires in that entire area

#1882 4 years ago

When you turn the game on, does the sound just say "hook"? Or does it say nothing?
Check all the fuses and fuse holders on the power supply (upper left)
Also the two fuses mounted on the backbox underneath the power supply you will see two bridges there also

#1883 4 years ago

It says nothing so I will check the fuses that you're talkin about

#1884 4 years ago

I would bet the one that Might be bad is a 1/2 amp, I believe it's f7 on the power supply, but check them all anyways

#1885 4 years ago

the multimeter says the F1 fuse is no good it's 7amp 250 volts I checked all the rest of them and the multimeter says they're good

#1886 4 years ago

Replace and let us know what happens

#1887 4 years ago

Will do have to get a fuse first I have no spares

#1888 4 years ago

Well I went got a new fuse put it in turn the game on and it took it about 1 second to blow that fuse to luckily I got a two pack

#1889 4 years ago

I'm guessing I have a short somewhere but I have no idea where to look for it

#1890 4 years ago

F1 and f2 are for the 5v regulator. What was the diode number you put in?
That's the only thing that changed

#1891 4 years ago

#1N4001 on lamp number 48 the 20 million arrow light

#1892 4 years ago

Double check for short again. If nothing, snip one end of diode and see if game boots.

#1893 4 years ago

Clear coated playfield. Game turned out great!

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Seen your three bank targets were clear yellow. Looked good. Where did you find them

#1895 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Absolutely Gorgeous, better than it ever looked when new. Great Job!

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Seen your three bank targets were clear yellow. Looked good. Where did you find them

Marco has them

#180-5082-16

1 week later
#1897 4 years ago

So after doing a lot of research online I decided to take my power supply board out cuz I had no + 5 + no + 12 at the test points and I checked the bridge rectifier and I have a short in it on the side of the rectifier and says cm3501 where should I get a new one also checked the cap C2 and it checked fine checked the fuse clips and they seemed fine I also seen no burnt pins on the board

#1898 4 years ago

Found new BR at Marco should I get the cm3501 or the cm3504?

#1899 4 years ago

That's was going to be my next suggestion, to check the bridge. The 3501 would be fine. I think you are on the right track

#1900 4 years ago

Cool thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/38?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.