Topic Stats

• 1,814 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 519 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190815_115303 (resized).jpg
20190815_082134 (resized).jpg
20190815_082003 (resized).jpg
20190815_082643 (resized).jpg
20190815_082354 (resized).jpg
20190815_082829 (resized).jpg
20190815_082410 (resized).jpg
hookCurrent (resized).jpg
hookStart (resized).jpg
hook6 (resized).jpg
hook5 (resized).jpg
Hook4 (resized).jpg
Hook3 (resized).jpg
hook7 (resized).jpg
Hook1 (resized).jpg
Hook2 (resized).jpg

There are 1814 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.
#1801 13 days ago

vbobrusev has the hook files to download here: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3656-data-east-hook-colorization/
He's also a member here and you may need to PM vbobrusev to get the pin2dmd files for a real hook as opposed to the vpin files.

#1802 12 days ago

I'm having the flippers die in multiball when lots of coils fire. It seems to come back shortly after, but is causing drains because the flipper doesn't fire when you go to catch the ball. Any tips? I'm not super familiar with DE games yet.

#1803 12 days ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Im interested in purchasing pretty stoked its plug and play. How do i go about ordering one up for hook

Contact dpannell for the hardware.

#1804 11 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm having the flippers die in multiball when lots of coils fire. It seems to come back shortly after, but is causing drains because the flipper doesn't fire when you go to catch the ball. Any tips? I'm not super familiar with DE games yet.

Ok, I think I have at least a short term fix for the flippers. I pulled and reseated the connectors on the flipper board and had a friend play several test games and over many multiballs did not have a single issue.

I am having one recurring issue that is REALLY pissing me off. The drop targets, when knocked down will increase the ramp value. Cool, I like that because it takes away the left ramp all day strategy that we got to use at Pinburgh. Well I have a drop that is frequently registering over and over while down with shock from the flippers or pops firing. I have fixed it twice already and last night it came up again.

The first time I fixed it was by cleaning the contact on the switch and adjusting it so it would press harder on the other side of the switch. The issue came back. So I replaced all of the switches with new ones. Problem went away. Then, after 2-3 weeks, it's back again. It's really annoying and because it will go away after I do stuff to the switch I don't think it's an issue elsewhere in the machine. Anyone else run into this?

#1805 6 days ago

I'm in the middle of shopping out a Hook, and I had a few questions for Hook owners.

Pic 1) For the treetop plastics, how does the top one attach? Standoffs? I found the top plastic in the bottom of the cabinet.
Hook1 (resized).jpg

Pic 2) For the boulder plastic, where does that one belong? It was also found loose in the cabinet.
Hook2 (resized).jpg

Pic 3) The Peter Pan plastic, I know where it should go, but not what the mounting hardware should be. Also is the left edge broken on my plastic?
Hook3 (resized).jpg

Pic 4) Is there supposed to be something between the gap of the two clear plastic upright pieces? It had a bunch of electrical tape covering that space originally.
Hook4 (resized).jpg

Pic 5) What is this little metal piece on the wood to the right of the launch ramp area? Is it supposed to be attached to something?
hook5 (resized).jpg

Pic 6 & 7) I have never seen wire wrapped around a post, like I found by the lower/center pop bumper. I'm assuming this was some wonky route hack... should those posts just have standard rubber rings on them?
hook6 (resized).jpg

hook7 (resized).jpg

Thanks for any help/pictures!

#1806 6 days ago

FYI this is what I started with: Just a bit of a protective dust layer to start with...
hookStart (resized).jpg

And where I'm currently at in tearing it down
hookCurrent (resized).jpg

#1807 6 days ago
Quoted from osver:

I'm in the middle of shopping out a Hook, and I had a few questions for Hook owners.
Pic 1) For the treetop plastics, how does the top one attach? Standoffs? I found the top plastic in the bottom of the cabinet.
[quoted image]
Pic 2) For the boulder plastic, where does that one belong? It was also found loose in the cabinet.
[quoted image]
Pic 3) The Peter Pan plastic, I know where it should go, but not what the mounting hardware should be. Also is the left edge broken on my plastic?
[quoted image]
Pic 4) Is there supposed to be something between the gap of the two clear plastic upright pieces? It had a bunch of electrical tape covering that space originally.
[quoted image]
Pic 5) What is this little metal piece on the wood to the right of the launch ramp area? Is it supposed to be attached to something?
[quoted image]
Pic 6 & 7) I have never seen wire wrapped around a post, like I found by the lower/center pop bumper. I'm assuming this was some wonky route hack... should those posts just have standard rubber rings on them?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks for any help/pictures!

crash has submitted a very useful gallery of shop out photos here https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/hook/gallery

pic1) tree top plastic has standoffs, pics here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/16#post-3544312

pic2) boulder plastic fits over bottom pop and a circular tree plastic, pics in a few of posts from here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/18#post-3941266

I will check the rest on my machine later.

#1808 6 days ago

pic3) yes piece missing off your Pan plastic (common) that wraps around the vuk habitrail. The plastic screws onto the back of the windcoaster ramp. (ignore the plastic behind on mine which is a spare)
20190815_082410 (resized).jpg
20190815_082829 (resized).jpg

pic3) the gap is correct, dunno why taped perhaps ball hang ups, that's never happened on mine there
20190815_082354 (resized).jpg

pic 5) dunno, that looks like where the skill shot ramp attaches, perhaps used as a spacer for some reason
20190815_082643 (resized).jpg

pic 6 and 7) that spring (or similar) is actually correct and should be one fitted on each side of the lower pop, those areas are the only (on my machine) ball hang up on the game if not adjusted out properly
20190815_082003 (resized).jpg
20190815_082134 (resized).jpg

Interesting your machine has blue pop bodies a lot seem to be, mine are yellow.

Let me know if you need any more pics always happy to help bring a Hook back to life

#1809 6 days ago

Thanks a lot for those pics astyy

#1810 5 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Ok, I think I have at least a short term fix for the flippers. I pulled and reseated the connectors on the flipper board and had a friend play several test games and over many multiballs did not have a single issue.
I am having one recurring issue that is REALLY pissing me off. The drop targets, when knocked down will increase the ramp value. Cool, I like that because it takes away the left ramp all day strategy that we got to use at Pinburgh. Well I have a drop that is frequently registering over and over while down with shock from the flippers or pops firing. I have fixed it twice already and last night it came up again.
The first time I fixed it was by cleaning the contact on the switch and adjusting it so it would press harder on the other side of the switch. The issue came back. So I replaced all of the switches with new ones. Problem went away. Then, after 2-3 weeks, it's back again. It's really annoying and because it will go away after I do stuff to the switch I don't think it's an issue elsewhere in the machine. Anyone else run into this?

On my hook under the drop targets the wires where getting pinched from lowering the playfield it was kinda hard to see it. There was a repair bulletin about it but I can't find it

#1811 5 days ago
Quoted from Jerrybest:

On my hook under the drop targets the wires where getting pinched from lowering the playfield it was kinda hard to see it. There was a repair bulletin about it but I can't find it

Interesting. I'll have to see if that is something that is a factor on mine. I'll also try to find that service bulletin, but if anyone else finds it please share.

#1812 5 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Interesting. I'll have to see if that is something that is a factor on mine. I'll also try to find that service bulletin, but if anyone else finds it please share.

20190815_115303 (resized).jpg
#1813 5 days ago

Thanks for sharing the information.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1814 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside