IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 47.
#1651 5 years ago

Hey guys I know this could be laughable and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there either but if anybody knows where I could get a baseball ramp or maybe even the wind coaster ramp I would greatly appreciate you letting me know where they could be found I have a crack and like wind coaster and I repaired it so I'm good for now I would love to get a hold of my new one and the baseball ramp has definitely seen better days thanks for any info I've looked online myself and all I can say is it makes me feel like I lost my marbles LOL

#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I am no help on the paint matching but the cabinet decals I have seen( ebay from Russia $200), look like they cover the whole cabinet sides and would not need any red paint matching. Do you have decals of just the artwork? if yes where did you get them from? thanks

I’ve redecaled many cabinets. The corners are never perfect so you need to paint the edges and around start buttons and such

#1653 5 years ago

Finally done shopping out hook all new Led lights on new Titan silicone rubber cleaned and polished everything and it's all working really well and looks phenomenal

20190103_221352_HDR (resized).jpg20190103_221352_HDR (resized).jpg20190103_221428_HDR (resized).jpg20190103_221428_HDR (resized).jpg20190103_221454_HDR (resized).jpg20190103_221454_HDR (resized).jpg
#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from doodlesdaddy:

Im thinking of putting new cabinet decals on my Hook. Anybody know a paint to match the red to paint the cabinet prior to decal install? Thanks

I touched up the original red cab paint using Reeves - "Rose Madder" Acryic which was an excellent match. Check out retrorefurbs Hook decal options, he does a black version too now, side blades and alt translite. Actually it was him that put me onto the red paint as he was high end shopping out a Hook at the same time. I recommend their products I have the blades and translite fitted, service and back up from them are top notch.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=hook&post_type=product

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from Michiganguy:

Hey guys I know this could be laughable and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there either but if anybody knows where I could get a baseball ramp or maybe even the wind coaster ramp I would greatly appreciate you letting me know where they could be found I have a crack and like wind coaster and I repaired it so I'm good for now I would love to get a hold of my new one and the baseball ramp has definitely seen better days thanks for any info I've looked online myself and all I can say is it makes me feel like I lost my marbles LOL

A lot of baseball aka Rufio ramps are trollied. Fortunately @freeplay40 recently reproduced an upgraded version.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps

Dunno about the windcoaster that it was one awesome ramp (one of the best in pinball imho) and NOS ones are drying up these days.

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from doodlesdaddy:

I’ve redecaled many cabinets. The corners are never perfect so you need to paint the edges and around start buttons and such

i am that guy from Russia with Hook decals. When i restored my cabinet, first i do decals, then i colorized inc for cabinet painting which match to background of cabinet decals, then i will apply decals on cabinet, and then i am cover all decals, open little bit all edges and paint whole cabinet. Here is how it looks like after painting. I think edges on cabinet looks fine.

IMG_6213 (resized).JPGIMG_6213 (resized).JPG

PS: If you need decals for cabinet. Let me know

#1657 5 years ago

Hook question...ball isn’t kicking out of the skill shot trough area...but only during multi ball. The kicker works just fine during skill shot.

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Hook question...ball isn’t kicking out of the skill shot trough area...but only during multi ball. The kicker works just fine during skill shot.

Check switches in diagnostics with simulation like in multi ball

#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Does it eject if the second ball overshoots the skill shot ramp (ie activates a pf switch)? On normal skill shot does each skill hole actually register? Either way I agree with the above approach particularly checking the 4 switches 29-32 under the ramp.

#1660 5 years ago

yee ha , just got a new baseball ramp from freeplay40 , cant wait to see thru it

1 week later
#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from Michiganguy:

just got baseball ramp from -freeplay40, beautiful work . strong ,reinforced , fits perfect , had flap and exit hardware . cant recommend highly enough

#1662 5 years ago

I bought another hook and need a few plastics.

#1: the side plastic on the 1st hole skill shot
#2 the tree cover on the upper pop bumper

Thanks in advance

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

just got baseball ramp from -freeplay40, beautiful work . strong ,reinforced , fits perfect , had flap and exit hardware . cant recommend highly enough

Thanks Trumpy for the info

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I bought another hook and need a few plastics.
#1: the side plastic on the 1st hole skill shot
#2 the tree cover on the upper pop bumper
Thanks in advance

a member on here vbobrusev was doing repros of the whole set a while back

2 weeks later
#1665 5 years ago

Just Ordered a pinsound+ board for hook. Cant wait to get it in and installed to see how different it will sound. Gonna try my hardest to come up with a custom soundtrack for it. Will be awesome when they release the shaker kit for it

#1666 5 years ago
CBC70BE5-1B30-4E19-B972-105D008456F5 (resized).jpegCBC70BE5-1B30-4E19-B972-105D008456F5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1667 5 years ago

Joining the club soon! Just made a deal and awaiting to move machines around

#1668 5 years ago

Got the light up hook on the back box hinge. Have the pinsound+ sound board installed finally with the movie sound effects. Next on my to do list is hook up an external subwoofer and shaker kit. What yall think

20190225_093806 (resized).jpg20190225_093806 (resized).jpg
#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Got the light up hook on the back box hinge. Have the pinsound+ sound board installed finally with the movie sound effects. Next on my to do list is hook up an external subwoofer and shaker kit. What yall think
[quoted image]

Amazing! I like the shooter rod!

How are the sound effects from the movie?

Is there also different music tracks as well?

Wandering if it changes the game enough to invest in the pinsound and if someone has created a good sound package already

#1670 5 years ago

Where can you get a shaker package for hook? Where does it plug into? Is a shaker programed into code?

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Where can you get a shaker package for hook? Where does it plug into? Is a shaker programed into code?

The shaker is not yet realsed but As of now you will have to have the pinsound+ because it is already designed for it.

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Amazing! I like the shooter rod!
How are the sound effects from the movie?
Is there also different music tracks as well?
Wandering if it changes the game enough to invest in the pinsound and if someone has created a good sound package already

The sound effects are great. Crisp and clean straightbfrom the movie.

The background music is also from the music from the movie.

The sound package is great and 100% worth doing in my opinion. When you get the pinsound+ shoot me a message and i can help guide you through.

#1673 5 years ago

I didn't find a video on YouTube. Would live to hear it.

#1674 5 years ago

We have a captain hook now

20190228_112553 (resized).jpg20190228_112553 (resized).jpg
#1675 5 years ago

Yah or nah

15513714606933540740395410094564 (resized).jpg15513714606933540740395410094564 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1676 5 years ago

I vote nay , maybe try somewhere else?

#1677 5 years ago

Better 2?

20190228_135755 (resized).jpg20190228_135755 (resized).jpg
#1679 5 years ago

I think better, I ran a flex smd light behind the rope light to illuminate a figurine in about that area

#1680 5 years ago

Where did you get the figure?

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

So the hook action figure is from when the movie came out. Its made by mattel. Thery're on ebay. I keep thinking of trying to do the crocodile action figure and mount it for croc time. I have some ideas for custom plastics, but i'll need to get acquainted with 3d printing and i also need need. So like in 4 years i can probably start sketching out ideas!

#1682 5 years ago

Garret, the ships on top and the shooter rod are just ace! I like position #2 for mounting hook over the the first post.

#1683 5 years ago

I've never used a pinball machine with a shaker. I'm guessing that would be coded in? Or do you code in the shakes triggers like you would sound files?

Pinsound board is bangarang. I would say its a must for any machine. In order for upgrades: 1. chad's code 2. pinsound 3. everything else.

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I got it online on ebay. The peter pan one thats from the movie doesnt look that great in my opinion.

Quoted from bobwiley:

I've never used a pinball machine with a shaker. I'm guessing that would be coded in? Or do you code in the shakes triggers like you would sound files?

Pinsound board is bangarang. I would say its a must for any machine. In order for upgrades: 1. chad's code 2. pinsound 3. everything else.

Im not sure how its going to end up working thats what the guys at pinsound are working out. I would it would be just like the sound files that are in that trigger the shaker or they select certain switches or accomplishments that trigger either a pulse or continuos shake. The pinsound+ is already set up and ready for it its just a matter of when they reveal it.

Im gonna post a video tomorrow on some game play action. I installed a 10" external polk audio subwoofer the other day and it is insane the amount of bass that comes from it.

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

When the mix is mastered for pinsound inside pinsound studio, LED lighting and shaker effects are tied into the sounds like the length and gain etc.

pinsound studio shaker (resized).PNGpinsound studio shaker (resized).PNG
#1686 5 years ago

And there it is. Hold back the excitement

#1688 5 years ago

Looks pretty cool. Is this a pin2dmd or something similar that you are coloring yourself?

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Looks pretty cool. Is this a pin2dmd or something similar that you are coloring yourself?

He used pin2dmd as display and the pin2dmd editor to colorize.

#1690 5 years ago

Cant wait for when they are avaible 100% doing it

#1691 5 years ago

Cant wait for when they are avaible 100% doing it

Contact dpannell . He installed one in his checkpoint and can help you getting one for your Hook

#1692 5 years ago

Does anybody offer this as a turn-key offering? If so, would be interested.

#1693 5 years ago

I don’t know I just made it by myself. But I think somebody can sell it as complete solution. I made a few fixes, need to test it on my machine tomorrow

Quoted from DBLM:

Does anybody offer this as a turn-key offering? If so, would be interested.

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

I don’t know I just made it by myself. But I think somebody can sell it as complete solution. I made a few fixes, need to test it on my machine tomorrow

Man, that looks great! Fantastic job on color selections! Was the installation of the display pretty easy? Did you have to modify the backbox at all?

#1695 5 years ago

Because why not

20190305_140410 (resized).jpg20190305_140410 (resized).jpg
#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

You did a very nice job, Bob! It looks fantastic!

Love the plastics I bought from you a few years ago. Keep up the good work.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Man, that looks great! Fantastic job on color selections! Was the installation of the display pretty easy? Did you have to modify the backbox at all?

I just add power supply for display in cabinet and assembly this dmd. It’s not hard to do.

#1698 5 years ago

The sound effects are great. Crisp and clean straightbfrom the movie.
The background music is also from the music from the movie.
The sound package is great and 100% worth doing in my opinion. When you get the pinsound+ shoot me a message and i can help guide you through.

I am also working on a Hook mix for pinsound. How far have you come on yours?

Planning on doing a full remix, replacing all music, voices and FX. As you probably know it is really time consuming, so I just wanted to know if you also are re-doing the whole game audio or just some of it. If not, then I will continue working on it

Hook was my first machine, and I really liked it despite of its repetitive audio and quite disturbing music loops.

Cheers

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

I am also working on a Hook mix for pinsound. How far have you come on yours?
Planning on doing a full remix, replacing all music, voices and FX. As you probably know it is really time consuming, so I just wanted to know if you also are re-doing the whole game audio or just some of it. If not, then I will continue working on it
Hook was my first machine, and I really liked it despite of its repetitive audio and quite disturbing music loops.
Cheers

I can't take the credit. bobwiley is the man with the plan

#1700 5 years ago

Is there an LED list/map somewhere to be found. I have looked through the thread but couldn't find one. Is it better to just order a kit? If so, is there a preferred LED kit? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/34?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.