Topic Stats

• 1,623 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 429 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181112_122154 (resized).jpg
20181112_121519 (resized).jpg
20181112_121316 (resized).jpg
20181109_122528 (resized).jpg
20181109_121944_001 (resized).jpg
20181109_120516 (resized).jpg
54C00EB1-482C-4D51-8D12-4E5BCD5CBCAF (resized).jpeg
C7EA6ADD-6D3F-4E45-99AC-7A7CB1903692 (resized).jpeg
C1378DD0-D918-404C-AC93-23EBC0B5EF13 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
918 017 (resized).jpg
918 018 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hook full 087 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 1623 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.
#1601 13 days ago

Hi, can anybody hook me up with a 5.01 ROM of Chad's code? I don't have a burner. Will be glad to compensate you for your time and have donated to Chad in the past. Will do so again.

Thanks,

--Matt

#1602 13 days ago

pm Meloyelo51 or I think he has a store matts basement arcade, a good guy to deal with

#1603 13 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

pm Meloyelo51 or I think he has a store matts basement arcade, a good guy to deal with

Can confirm. If you scroll through the ads at the bottom of this page you'll probably see his.

#1604 12 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hi, can anybody hook me up with a 5.01 ROM of Chad's code? I don't have a burner. Will be glad to compensate you for your time and have donated to Chad in the past. Will do so again.
Thanks,
--Matt

Matt's basement is where I got mine. Quick shipping. Great to work with.

#1605 12 days ago

Thanks much for the guidance!

#1606 12 days ago

Hope somebody can help me with a diverter question. In the past, my diverter worked perfectly. Recently moved and had the game in storage for a few months, and now, it seems like the diverter often times will actuate and close before the ball gets to it, sending it down the inlane as opposed to the shooter lane. For what it is worth, I am not seeing skill shot 3 light up now (mostly, just 2). I am sure something probably got jostled in the move. Any thoughts on how to remedy these issues is greatly appreciated.

#1607 11 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

and now, it seems like the diverter often times will actuate and close before the ball gets to it

If you've moved the machine maybe a closed switch elsewhere on the pf, so the diverter thinks the ball is back in play and closes? Check the diagnostics.

Quoted from DBLM:

For what it is worth, I am not seeing skill shot 3 light up now (mostly, just 2)

You rarely see skill shot 3 - Extra Ball (or 1 - Multiball) and then only on the last ball if you're scoring badly. I think chadh describes the rules somewhere in this thread.

#1608 10 days ago
Quoted from astyy:

If you've moved the machine maybe a closed switch elsewhere on the pf, so the diverter thinks the ball is back in play and closes? Check the diagnostics.

You rarely see skill shot 3 - Extra Ball (or 1 - Multiball) and then only on the last ball if you're scoring badly. I think chadh describes the rules somewhere in this thread.

Thanks much for your help, astyy. I checked the switches and they are good but made some ramp adjustments and seeing some better results. Will keep working through it.

#1609 9 days ago

I tore down this Hook 4 years ago and was wondering since where the skill shot gate went. Well turned out it was in my spare parts box all this time and I found and re-attached it during my second teardown. Lucky! So Chad if you see this, yes I did in fact have the gate.

image (resized).jpeg

#1610 9 days ago

Here’s a tip for routing the harnesses for the rope lights, windcoaster lamp, and windcoaster switch. This will prevent the cables from rubbing against the left side of the cabinet when raising and lowering the playfield.

C7EA6ADD-6D3F-4E45-99AC-7A7CB1903692 (resized).jpegC1378DD0-D918-404C-AC93-23EBC0B5EF13 (resized).jpeg

And it’s almost done! The game is playable now. Just a few more tweaks to do.

54C00EB1-482C-4D51-8D12-4E5BCD5CBCAF (resized).jpeg

#1611 8 days ago

Looking for a parts playfield or even just the playfield wiring.. whole project game would be nice too... let me know

#1612 6 days ago

I am looking for Hook cab decals or decal artwork to trade and a few outstanding plastic scans

I have many cab decals sets, plastics and translites to trade with in return, all high resolution

#1613 5 days ago
Quoted from Crash:

I tore down this Hook 4 years ago and was wondering since where the skill shot gate went. Well turned out it was in my spare parts box all this time and I found and re-attached it during my second teardown. Lucky! So Chad if you see this, yes I did in fact have the gate.
[quoted image]

Hey crash do you know the size or part number for the bracket and gate.

#1614 5 days ago

No, sorry.

#1615 5 days ago

My friend went to play Hook at one of my locations yesterday. He said that the start button didn't work with a credit on the game, but after power cycling it, the button worked. This has happened before and power cycling it is something we just have done when needed. But I know that this has happened to casual players who have no idea what the "fix" is. What might be something to look at as I'm pretty sure the switch has been replaced in the last years, so hopefully it isn't failing already. Even if it were, that wouldn't explain the power cycling fixing the issue.

#1616 4 days ago

Are you sure the game's CPU isn't freezing, as in the light show on the playfield stops animating as well as the display? Does it coin up but just not start a game?

#1617 4 days ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Hey crash do you know the size or part number for the bracket and gate.

I have the pf out today (as am fitting art blades) so could take some pics for you - glad I did as the rail side of my gate had come out of the bracket (see first photo!), might explain how the odd ball made it back down under the skill shot ramp. The gate appears quite standard to me about 100mm wide attaching to the back post with double rubber rings and screwed into the top of the side rail, under the skill shot ramp just behind the 3 skill shot hole, you may still have the screw hole in the side rail. It's relatively inaccessible, even for photos you'd need to remove the skill shot ramp (at least) to get to it.

20181109_120516 (resized).jpg

20181109_121944_001 (resized).jpg

20181109_122528 (resized).jpg

#1618 4 days ago

post pics with the art blades!

I think I might have an extra gate if you can't find one garret

#1619 4 days ago
Quoted from astyy:

I have the pf out today (as am fitting art blades) so could take some pics for you - glad I did as the rail side of my gate had come out of the bracket (see first photo!), might explain how the odd ball made it back down under the skill shot ramp. The gate appears quite standard to me about 100mm wide attaching to the back post with double rubber rings and screwed into the top of the side rail, under the skill shot ramp just behind the 3 skill shot hole, you may still have the screw hole in the side rail. It's relatively inaccessible, even for photos you'd need to remove the skill shot ramp (at least) to get to it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks crash i appreciate it. I have a really cool mod on the way in the mail. Gonna post pics when installed

#1620 4 days ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think I might have an extra gate if you can't find one garret

I'll let you know. Greatly appreciated

#1621 4 days ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are you sure the game's CPU isn't freezing, as in the light show on the playfield stops animating as well as the display? Does it coin up but just not start a game?

He said it registers coins, and after the power cycle the credit is still there.

#1622 1 day ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Here you go. They're the Retro Refurbs Map version. The insides of my cab were getting scraped by lifting the tight pf, these are pretty tough and I hope will abate that for a while.

20181112_121316 (resized).jpg20181112_121519 (resized).jpg20181112_122154 (resized).jpg

#1623 1 day ago
Quoted from desertT1:

He said it registers coins, and after the power cycle the credit is still there.

Ok, I would test the switch with several presses in a switch test and see if you can reproduce the issue. If you can, try jumping the leads for the switch together with a wire and see if it’s a mechanical issue with the switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 299.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PinSound
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
£ 32.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1623 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside