IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 47.
#1451 5 years ago

Don´t worry! I´m waiting print results. I will pick up all of them a long next week. I had no time this week.

Regards

#1452 5 years ago

I think it would be cool to pick a day and have a little tournament to see who can get the highest score amongst the hook club. You would have to post a picture of the score. We would have to do the honesty policy to be fare. What do yall think.

#1453 5 years ago

I would be in. Although I will surely loose it would be fun.

#1454 5 years ago

that would be fun to have a little tourney but my last few games have been pathetic , garret, have not put in the 5.01 chips yet I assume that is what everyone has?

#1455 5 years ago

noticed I have a lot of wear around left upper corner vuk ? hole, I have cliffys on the skull and the scoop , don't see one for this on the cliffy site is there one from another machine that would work?

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

have not put in the 5.01 chips yet I assume that is what everyone has?

I seriously couldn't imagine downgrading back from chads Hook code, if people aren't running it yet then they should be.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

that would be fun to have a little tourney but my last few games have been pathetic , garret, have not put in the 5.01 chips yet I assume that is what everyone has?

Yes sir i think moat people are and i agree with astyy im also up to date. Its 100% worth it. My only thing i would like changed is re lighting the back right flasher. I remember people were complaining about it from what i remember. Id like to see it do something.

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

My only thing i would like changed is re lighting the back right flasher. I remember people were complaining about it from what i remember. Id like to see it do something.

Does it not flash at all? It defo does on mine (at 5.0.1) when the ball is in the shooter lane I think.

#1459 5 years ago

put the new chips in last night , liked the onscreen rules, , did not get a chance to play, will check on on the back right flasher

anyone have any input on the left upper corner hole protector?

#1460 5 years ago

enjoying the 5.01 code, hats off to Chad!!
my daughter really likes the ball saver feature and the scoring changes makes it a lot more fun, got 107 on 3 ball game woo hoo!
back right light flashes when ball is ready to be plunged and when crock time is activated

put some toys in and messing around with lighting . pics to follow.....

#1461 5 years ago

Installed two spot lights looks nice in my opinion ill take pics later with glass off.

20180521_161813 (resized).jpg20180521_161813 (resized).jpg

#1462 5 years ago

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules%20501%20print1

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules%205.01%20print2.JPG

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01 print1.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01 print1.JPG
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01 print2.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01 print2.JPG

I take a very big screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1463 5 years ago

Will you post a scanned link for downloading?

#1464 5 years ago

Mikonos they look brilliant printed on the silver card, I'm defo interested in a set please.

I've spotted a typo, Windcaster should be Windcoaster - this typo must have snuck in since the rules I wrote in post #1427

#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

I've spotted a typo, Windcaster should be Windcoaster - this typo must have snuck in since the rules I wrote in post #1427

True! What a fail! I will fix it!

Thanks!

#1466 5 years ago

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules%20501%20print1b.jpg

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules%20501%20print2b.JPG

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 501 print1b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 501 print1b.JPG
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 501 print2b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 501 print2b.JPG

I take a very big screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1467 5 years ago

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Crew%20print1b.JPG

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Crew%20print2b.JPG

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew print1b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew print1b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew print2b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew print2b.JPG

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1468 5 years ago

Mikonos I can't wait to buy a set of these, I particularly like the silvered card you printed them on but the glossy looks great too.

Is that right for the system name "East/Sega Version 3"?

#1469 5 years ago

Technically it’s a Data East System 3 game. The next version is the Data East/Sega 3b which is based on System 3 and made by Data East which changed their name to Sega starting with Frankenstein in 1994.

#1470 5 years ago

So having a slight problem. When ball goes into scoop or skull and under skill shot for some reason it doesnt want to launch until it does a search. The swithces do work when going into test mode and i checked the wire the ball pushes to make the switch

#1471 5 years ago

When I first bought my hook it was set up really shallow. When the ball rolled back after the skill shot occasionally it would depress the switch most of the way and settle about 1/2" from the back of the skill shot trough not activating the switch. The ball search would go and the vibration would set it back onto the switch and it would launch. Increasing the angle and putting the switch wire at a more shallow angle fixed it. Moral of that dumb story is be sure when you test the switches you're using a pinball and not a finger. Sometimes being not dead center kn the switch allows enough play for the switch to not be depressed enough to "click".

#1472 5 years ago

The skill shot issue may be divots in the playfield underneath the skill shot plastic hanging the ball.

#1473 5 years ago

Ok thanks fellas for the input. Makes sense just gotta a little more tweaking.

#1474 5 years ago

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Free%20Play%20print1b.JPG

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Free%20Play%20print2b.JPG
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play print1b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play print1b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play print2b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play print2b.JPG

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1475 5 years ago

And this is the last card of this serie. Now you can ask me for copies if you like them!

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Price" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Price%20print1b.JPG

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Price" (DATA EAST) printed hight quality gloss photo paper (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Price%20print2b.JPG
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Price print1b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Price print1b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Price print2b.JPGHook Custom Pinball Cards - Price print2b.JPG

Regards

#1476 5 years ago

Hi Mikonos I'm interested in copies, are you going to print on the silvered card as that looked great?

#1477 5 years ago

Mikonos i would like to get a couple copies from you. How do you go about it and what are you charging

#1478 5 years ago

astyy, I would print in chrome, but I thought than they are better in photo paper, No problem for me, If you want them in chrome. Write me for this material.

garretswinning, yes, write me if you want them in chrome or photo paper.

Note: Chrome vinyl is great with darker backgrounds. For example (go to the end of threads):

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=59091049#entry418488517

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60508139#entry429974525

Regards

#1479 5 years ago

special thanks to hawkeyexx , for sending me a set of ruffio decals , his generosity made my day!!!

#1480 5 years ago

I fixed Hook Crew Custom Card. Now, it says : System................. Data East/Sega Version 3

Thanks for notice!

Regards

1 week later
#1481 5 years ago

A while back I posted this link to a flame lit Hook topper using a spinning pumpkin light. I have the classic arcades repro topper and wanted to install similar lighting.

We don't have much pumpkin stuff in the UK but I tracked down and ordered this in from Amazon US. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074N83HKK
20180614_153729 (resized).jpg20180614_153729 (resized).jpg

It's actually really effective and makes the topper pop, I think the youtube guy used more than one. It runs on 3x AAA so I guess could be wired into the 5V, also has an auto on/off cycle of 6/18 hrs. Here's a static pic but its like the youtube video
20180614_153344 (resized).jpg20180614_153344 (resized).jpg

#1482 5 years ago

anyone have an idea on how to loosen the hex screw that holds the flipper bat rod in place? sorry if I don't have the name right but it threads thought the the split metal part that hold the rod, the end of of the screw is threaded but doesn't have a nut on it but a red plastic cap .... that screw is like welded on , it feels like I need more leverage than just using an allen key but cranking on it it feels like the other attached parts flex and something might break loose but it wont be that screw! I might order a rebuild kit to prevent downtime before I go crazy on loosening it but if anybody has an idea I would love to hear thanks!!

#1483 5 years ago

If you have a rinky dink 3" Allen key you're really going to have to crank on it to get it loose. It takes an alarming amount of tightening to make it so the flipper doesn't move when hitting a pinball at full speed the first time you do it.

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

anyone have an idea on how to loosen the hex screw that holds the flipper bat rod in place? sorry if I don't have the name right but it threads thought the the split metal part that hold the rod, the end of of the screw is threaded but doesn't have a nut on it but a red plastic cap .... that screw is like welded on , it feels like I need more leverage than just using an allen key but cranking on it it feels like the other attached parts flex and something might break loose but it wont be that screw! I might order a rebuild kit to prevent downtime before I go crazy on loosening it but if anybody has an idea I would love to hear thanks!!

Quoted from Chalkey:

If you have a rinky dink 3" Allen key you're really going to have to crank on it to get it loose. It takes an alarming amount of tightening to make it so the flipper doesn't move when hitting a pinball at full speed the first time you do it.

I agree def feels like your gonna break it but it just takes alot to get it loose. Rebuild kit way to go. Might as well make it new

#1485 5 years ago

thanks for the help, I think I will get a rebuild kit and then revisit with a longer allen wrench or see if I can get a hex bit for a 3/8 ratchet.

Spent a lot of the weekend with the machine and little glassine envelopes, not illicits but SMD bulbs and connectors from comet!!

took all the ramps etc off to clean and replace rubbers bulbs and run a few new ones to dark spots ,and to light up some toys, a fair amount of work and cursing to get back together, just a few extra nuts and washers at the end!

a fair amount of wasted playfield space under the ramps , it would have been cool to put some feature under the ramps where there is clearance and in the section between the vuk and the 3 slots where there is just a dead end of posts.

looking at picture it looks like my windcoaster ramp is too low , the top of the skull is about even with the red rope, can anyone post a pic of what elevates the ramp on the right side of the playfield ?

#1486 5 years ago

Out with the old in with the new

15294143627374542006783502392035 (resized).jpg15294143627374542006783502392035 (resized).jpg
#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Out with the old in with the new

Wow, those old ones have seen better days eh.

#1488 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

looking at picture it looks like my windcoaster ramp is too low , the top of the skull is about even with the red rope, can anyone post a pic of what elevates the ramp on the right side of the playfield ?

I'm interested to know if mine is correct, the right side kind of rests on the ramp exit wire form and the points marked below. I've also attached a picture showing how it's lined up front on to the skull. Sometimes a slow ball will slow right down on the uphill before rolling down the other side (I like that!).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

20180619_171019 (resized).jpg20180619_171019 (resized).jpg

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from KOAmps:

Wow, those old ones have seen better days eh.

Most definitely have. I replaced the cannon decal 2 years ago when first got the machine. New drop targets and springs. The new target decals look way less blury. Got them from marco and very happy

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

I'm interested to know if mine is correct, the right side kind of rests on the ramp exit wire form and the points marked below. I've also attached a picture showing how it's lined up front on to the skull. Sometimes a slow ball will slow right down on the uphill before rolling down the other side (I like that!).

My rope lines up with skull just like yours id say its right. My wind coaster is really sturdy

#1491 5 years ago

nice pics astyy looking at other pics in the galley about 1/2 have the ramp sitting below the top of the skull and others have it riding above, maybe 3/4 - 1 inch inch difference between the two , personally It looks better with the ramp lower but the way everything sits on mine the 3 oclock quadrant at least needs to be higher to allow the baseball ramp to clear the windcoaster.

will mess with it tonight

flipper question
looking to rebuild the flippers on a HOOK , there are two kits offered at pinballife up to 1993 ( listed for hook) and then 1993 on. all the parts look the same other than the earlier assemblies have the spring over the plunger shaft and later have the springs attached on the outside, as well the newer kit comes with new leaf contacts. can I use the later kit? any advantage to the later assembly spring configuration? thanks

#1492 5 years ago

Hey Hook club, Mikonos custom apron cards with V5 rules arrived today. I'm really pleased with them, I went for the photo paper which is glossy and bright, Fast delivery (to UK anyway) and well packaged. Recommended and worth the wait

20180620_165736 (resized).jpg20180620_165736 (resized).jpg
20180620_170312 (resized).jpg20180620_170312 (resized).jpg
20180620_170320 (resized).jpg20180620_170320 (resized).jpg

#1493 5 years ago

So i have some bad news... seems like hook doesnt want to act right. My sound will randomly get stuck after playing for a little. It has also cut out and only played call outs and no music one time. When i turn it off and the back on its fine until it randomly decides to act up again. Lately i feel like i havent been able to even get a full game in without it happening.

#1494 5 years ago

sorry to hear of your issues, got no help for you but hope it is a simple fix ! , my daughter just called and says ours is having issues , 3 balls not ejecting from kicker, some lights off , other things ugghhhh!!!

#1495 5 years ago

garretswinning I had a similar issue that was resolved just with reseating connectors.

#1496 5 years ago

Garretswinning good luck with your issue , I found this info helpful no idea how to cut and paste from cell phone . Google data east troubleshooting, techniek.flipper winkel.
Nl

#1497 5 years ago

AHOY MATEYS!

Just a total barnacle scrubbing noob here. I've got this pin and it seems to work alright, just needs a few adjustments as it plays a little wild right now.

2 Questions to start:

1. I've read the guides about cleaning and waxing. I may have missed some info...do you guys usually strip the whole playfield when cleaning and waxing, just some of the playfield, none of the playfield? I've got a ball trail on the upper right loop (seen in crappy pic.) How important is it going to be for me to clean that out right away?

2. The first thing I'd like to adjust/figure out is the way the ball sits in the shooter lane. It's clearly out of whack, leaning up against the right side wall. The shooter tip is not hitting the middle of the ball, and the ball touching the side seems to make shooting the skill shot pretty whacky. Do any of you have any experience with this? Is it common or even normal on this machine? I did a lot of screwing around getting the table level, and if anything it is very slightly tilted the other way so I don't think the ball is leaning due to a leveling issue. Pics attached.

Thanks for reading and happy to join the club.

20180617_111725 (resized).jpg20180617_111725 (resized).jpg20180623_140801 (resized).jpg20180623_140801 (resized).jpg20180624_180428 (resized).jpg20180624_180428 (resized).jpg20180624_180451 (resized).jpg20180624_180451 (resized).jpg20180624_180524 (resized).jpg20180624_180524 (resized).jpg20180624_184458 (resized).jpg20180624_184458 (resized).jpg
#1498 5 years ago

Welcome aboard the Jolly Roger by_wizardry

All of my machines have arrived pretty mucky, so I do strip the playfield to clean everything, plastics, ramps, the inserts from underneath, clean bulbs, replace dead bulbs, fix any obvious faults and probably a new rubber kit (whilst its easy to get at). Hook is particularly bad as the Windcoaster blocks access to a lot of the rear playfield area for regular cleaning. Thereafter I just dust and polish the exposed areas with everything intact as needed. Yours don't look too bad can enjoy a few games first which is a good opportunity to enjoy the game (and note any faults)

Here's a pic of my shooter lane which looks similarly offset to yours and I've not found it a problem. Saying that I don't always hit the skillshots too!

20180625_100936 (resized).jpg20180625_100936 (resized).jpg

#1499 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply @astyy! I took a look around town at all the machines I normally play and couldn't find any others where the ball is riding up against the side wall...so it's nice to see that this exists on other machines.

Do you have any pro tips on removing playfield parts for Hook specifically or for noobs in general?

Thanks!

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from by_wizardry:

Do you have any pro tips on removing playfield parts for Hook specifically or for noobs in general?

Hook is a right old jigsaw with regards the ramps. Take off what comes off easy first then other bits follow, lots of digital photos and some people put things in numbered zippy bags as they go. Then the pro-tip (which sounds obvious) put it back together in reverse following your numbered bags and photos!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/30?hl=garretswinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.