IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 47.
#1401 6 years ago

Raise your back legs till it's about 6.5 degrees. It goes stdm if it's too shallow (At least this was the case when I first picked up my hook).

#1402 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Raise your back legs till it's about 6.5 degrees. It goes stdm if it's too shallow

Thanks Chalkey I haven't paid much attention to the angle but it makes sense and must be my most common drain. My right outlane post is on maximum gap too which I see can be adjusted tighter. Don't want to make it too easy now

#1403 6 years ago

Yeah mine used to drain too until I waxed the play field and got the angle as steep as it would go as well. I managed a little over 6 degrees with the back legs all the way out and front all the way in which did the trick and still keeps it easy enough for the kids to enjoy.

2 weeks later
#1404 5 years ago

I finished the assembly of hook today. Before I did the tear down of the playfield I noticed while playing a game the sound would stop playing when the ball crossed over the switch on the wind coaster ramp. I had all the boards serviced by Ardvark pinball. The MPU was repaired the power supply was rebuilt and the GI board was checked. I installed new LED DMD. Today I start a game and when the ball crosses over that wind coaster switch the sound stops and the lights appear to short out. Anyone seen this before?

Screenshot_20180422-184736_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180422-184736_Gallery (resized).jpg

#1405 5 years ago

Looking to join the Hook club if anyone is looking to get out. Posted a wanted ad today. I'm in southeast Michigan and would drive up to 4 hours each way for a good deal. Thanks!

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I finished the assembly of hook today. Before I did the tear down of the playfield I noticed while playing a game the sound would stop playing when the ball crossed over the switch on the wind coaster ramp. I had all the boards serviced by Ardvark pinball. The MPU was repaired the power supply was rebuilt and the GI board was checked. I installed new LED DMD. Today I start a game and when the ball crosses over that wind coaster switch the sound stops and the lights appear to short out. Anyone seen this before?

Yes, I'm somewhat of an "expert" on this and initially raised awareness in the below 2 threads. The below two people were using a Rottendog power supply and 1 was using an X-Pin revision E power supply. I also had the issue with the same X-Pin board. But in all of those 4 cases I'm aware of, the issue was inadequate +12v supply current due to flaws in aftermarket board design. In your case, the power supply is original and rebuilt. So I'm curious to know what the cause is with your game. Describe what the rope lights do when you press the switch on the ramp. They should all flash in a consistent pattern and display a chase animation otherwise.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bizarre-audio-break-up-problem-on-hook

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-hook-windcoaster-ramp-causes-sound-card-to-cut-out

#1407 5 years ago

Thanks for the information. I forgot this pin had data east power supply in it before the rebuild and I installed a rottendog in it. It's doing the same with the speaker cut out with both power supplies. I will do some research when I get home from work. Thank you

#1408 5 years ago

To update on my DMD intermittently resetting/corrupt graphics problem (back to displaying Ball 1, Credits 0 symptom). Fellow UK pinsider TinyToo visited me to test his Boston pinball LED DMD in my machine, the purpose was to t/shoot a different display problem on his LED DMD (which reproduced on my machine), however during long game play the LED DMD didn't reset once (demonstrating my DMD problem).

I don't know precisely which input voltages the Boston LED DMD uses (other than +5V) but obviously it doesn't use the high voltages that the plasma requires. I've since monitored each DMD voltage whilst playing which appear solid. So this leaves me thinking the problem is on the DMD itself. If anything it's now getting worse and at one point displayed an audit screen then reset during play which was very strange.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further but it would appear that one fix is a new DMD, I'd certainly be tempted by a Colour LED option.

#1409 5 years ago

I would strongly suggest going with a DMDMK66 color DMD from PinballSP, he is the only one working on a color version of this and build quality is second to none. I think his 128x16 version is ready now, may want to ask him in the below thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/13#post-4035361

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I would strongly suggest going with a DMDMK66 color DMD from PinballSP

Thanks Crash I have been in contact with Luis previously and he's in Europe too.

The Pin2DMD guys seem to be making progress on a Colour 128x16 DMD option too, but I can't work out exactly what's needed and from where, particularly the specific controller board - this post mentions the "shopping list" to assemble one;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom/page/16#post-4165729

#1411 5 years ago

Several people have had bad luck with PIN2DMD products, particularly with regards to poor design and lack of communication from Dominic who designs the hardware. I would avoid that one.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I would strongly suggest going with a DMDMK66 color DMD from PinballSP, he is the only one working on a color version of this and build quality is second to none. I think his 128x16 version is ready now, may want to ask him in the below thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/13#post-4035361

I contacted them last November. I was told the color dmd would possibly be completed by late December. I contacted them in late January and it was not completed so I ordered a cherry red from Marcos.

#1413 5 years ago

Hi all people!

I will start with a serie of restorations and customizations for Hook pinball. I hope you like!

I stated with all exterior decals restoration some years ago, I will follow with custom pinball cards.

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos1 (resized).jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos1 (resized).jpg
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos2 (resized).jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules. Mikonos2 (resized).jpg

I make a very big screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1414 5 years ago

Has anybody noticed that sometimes when the Clock Shop (VUK) is lit ready for multiball that "something" makes it go out. I haven't worked it out but think if you hit it you still get multiball started (on latest 5.01 code).

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I will follow with custom pinball cards.

Hey Mikonos I like your cards where are they available?

A lot of us on here are running Chads V5 Hook code now, it would be great to produce a version tuned to the V5 rules.

#1416 5 years ago

After playing yesterday when giving the opportunity to shoot pirate town for extra ball I'm still having problems with hitting two cannons at the same time not being rewarded with extra ball. Is it still set to one target or are we getting assigned a random amount of cannons to hit to activate

#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

Hey mikonos I like your cards where are they available?
A lot of us on here are running Chads V5 Hook code now, it would be great to produce a version tuned to the V5 rules.

Hi astyy!

My Hook cards are fan cards. I did/do/will do for my own entertainment. If you are interested in, I would do a copy when I finish it with this dedicated serie about Hook Custom Pinball Cards. I will print in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination.

In some days, I will finish my new "Crew" card. I will do "Free Play" Card and "Price" Card too.

Tell me about that rule for adding. Thanks!

Regards

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Hi astyy!
My Hook cards are fan cards. I did/do/will do for my own entertainment. If you are interested in, I would do a copy when I finish it with this dedicated serie about Hook Custom Pinball Cards. I will print in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination.
In some days, I will finish my new "Crew" card. I will do "Free Play" Card and "Price" Card too.
Regards

I think the cards do look really nice. Would love to see a finished product

#1419 5 years ago

Awesome looking pinball cards!!! We love to have a set on mine. I finally finished the repairs on my Hook and have moved it to the game room

Now it's time to find parts I need for Jurassic park and get it finally finished.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I'm not the best on rules, but know most of those have changed with Chads V5, saying that I think most were wrong in the first place! Perhaps the guys on here can comment on better V5 rule descriptions.

Good luck with the cards

#1421 5 years ago

Thaks for your positive comment to my custom card. If you have suggestions to improve it /them, tell me. I have my ears open!

About V5 rule, I will search for it.

Well, this is my "Crew Card". You remember, I´m designing with chrome vinyl in my mind.

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg[/IMG]

Details in "Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg[/IMG]

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos1.jpg
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

I make a very big screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1422 5 years ago

After spending two hours of gluing and double sided tape I have the shooter lane repaired. If someone knows where I could purchase one that's in good condition please let me know. I'm also looking for the plastic that screws on to the rufio ramp. I see one for sale on Ebay from a seller in Russia.

Thanks

#1423 5 years ago

Those cards are awesome!

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thaks for your positive comment to my custom card. If you have suggestions to improve it /them, tell me. I have my ears open!
About V5 rule, I will search for it.
Well, this is my "Crew Card". You remember, I´m designing with chrome vinyl in my mind.
"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg/IMG
Details in "Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg/IMG

Regards

Very nice are you going to make these available for people to use?

#1425 5 years ago

Thanks for your comments!

Let´s see, for all people than wrote me: Digital files will not available for now. Reason: avoid bussines with my work.

I will finish this custom card serie for me, I will show them printed in chrome vinyl and, If you like results, I will order copies for you too.

Updates:

I improved drawings in "Crew" card. I don´t know if I will show screenshots. It is a little improvement for print it.

I finished with "Price" card.

I started with "Free Play" card.

Regards

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks for your comments!
Let´s see, for all people than wrote me: Digital files will not availabel for now. Reason: avoid bussines with my work.
I will finish this custom card serie for me, I will show them printed in chrome vinyl and, If you like results, I will order copies for you too.
Updates:
I improved drawings in "Crew" card. I don´t know if I will show screenshots. It is a little improvement for print it.
I finished with "Price" card.
I started with "Free Play" card.
Regards

Thank you for the update. You are doing awesome work

#1427 5 years ago

Hi @mikonos, the release guide for Chads 5 (and 5.01 update) is here:- http://www.pinballcode.com/hook501
I've made a start below commenting on the current rules card wording. Hopefully others will chip in and be interested in a card reflecting V5 rules.

Jackpot: Collect Jackpot on Lit Baseball or Windcoaster Ramps. Shooting Weapon Targets Increases Value.
^ This is ok, tbh I don't know if shooting weapon targets increases Jackpot value, but hitting successive Jackpots increases value to 20 Million

Multiball: Shoot all targets (Top Left Clock Shop also spots Targets) to lite, lock one ball to lite Plunger Skill Shot. Plunging to lit holes starts 3 Ball play.
^ You have a double word on this line "lock lock", otherwise I think this is ok

Skill Shot: Shoot ball into flashing hole to collect award (see Ramp Values 1-2-3)
^ OK

Bangarang: Shoot Skull to lite Value. Shoot Scoop to collect Value. Completing all six Values lites Bangarang. Completing Bangarang awards 50 Million & Lites all features.
^ Changed/always wrong! Shoot Skull to lite Value. Shoot Scoop to collect Value. Completing all six Values lites Bangarang. Bangarang bonus starts at 5M. Each shot to Right Ramp, Skull, Left Ramp, Strike, or VUK will increase Bangarang Bonus by 5M.

Baseball Ramp: Shooting ramp twice lites award for 5 Million points.
^ Changed. Shoot ramp 3 times awards 5 Million points and starts Clocks mode for 3 Million for each Clock Shop and Baseball Ramp

Windcoaster Ramp: Shooting ramp collects lit Value and advances toward 3 Million plus.
^ Changed. Shooting ramp collects lit Value. Shoot drop targets to advances ramp values toward 15 Million.

Pirate Town Special: Completing Drop Targets collect Value when lit.
^ Changed. Hitting any Drop Target collects Value when lit.

#1428 5 years ago

Hi Astyy!

Thanks for rules. I´m working in a new rules card!

It is time to "Price" card now.

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Price" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Price.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Price" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Price.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Price. Mikonos1.jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Price. Mikonos1.jpg
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Price. Mikonos2.jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Price. Mikonos2.jpg

I make bigger screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1429 5 years ago

Nice work art work Excited to see the new rules card.

#1430 5 years ago

And last custom card!

*Tomorrow I will show a new version of rules card (V5).

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg[/IMG]

Details in"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Free Play" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos2.jpg[/IMG]

Hook Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgHook Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpg
Hook Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpgHook Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg

I make bigger screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1431 5 years ago

very nice

#1432 5 years ago

Awesome job. Thank you for showing the group

#1433 5 years ago

Thanks so much!

I like to design for fun!

Do you like I design custom cards for other pinballs? I will order to print a long of the next week and I need to full a minimum. I like design, but I like it so much if it will be useful for someone. It does not commit you, of course, but If you love designs... Tell me, I like to try!

Regards

#1434 5 years ago

these are the two i like

5dc9b367b28d13d498fc269e8a06638575c58be9 (resized).jpg5dc9b367b28d13d498fc269e8a06638575c58be9 (resized).jpg
986f3c0b3db2be913a9e240579fda15d90d95fa9 (resized).jpg986f3c0b3db2be913a9e240579fda15d90d95fa9 (resized).jpg

The rule card just needs the 5.01 code changes to it

#1435 5 years ago

New rules card with V5.01 update!

Tell me if redaction is correct. I add "lit lock, lock..." again because I think is correct in my opinion, but all can be modified.

"Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules%20v5.01.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules 5.01" (DATA EAST). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Hook%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules%20v5.01.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules v5.01. Mikonos1.jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules v5.01. Mikonos1.jpg
Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules v5.01. Mikonos2.jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules v5.01. Mikonos2.jpg

I made bigger screenshots, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1436 5 years ago

Nice one Mikonos it would be good if somebody can confirm that "Shooting Weapons targets increases Jackpot value".

Btw I think Bangarang is spelled with an "a".

Also, for Bangarang its more consistent to use the ramp names e.g.

Shoot Skull to lite Value. Shoot Scoop to collect Value. Completing all six Values lites Bangarang. Bangarang bonus starts at 5M. Each shot to Baseball Ramp, Skull, Windcoaster Ramp, Strike, or Clock Shop will increase Bangarang Bonus by 5M.

All minor stuff though, they look brill can't wait to get some

#1437 5 years ago

Yes, it is "Bangarang"! I just confirmed it because there is a video-report called "Bangarang" about 25th anniversary of movie.

Right with ramp names too!

I will remove "," after "Strike" word in "Bangarang" rule.

I will change all these, even in my free play card.

I some hours, I will show a new rules card 2.01.

Thanks!

#1438 5 years ago

I thought Bangarang was a made up word but is actually in the dictionary meaning an "uproar or disturbance"

#1439 5 years ago

PM sent for Rufio ramp.

#1440 5 years ago

Here a new rules card v.2.01. Tell me if it is ok! I will print it with old rules version because I have my Hook pinball without modification for now.

Hook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules v5.01. Mikonos1.jpgHook Custom Pinball Cards - Rules v5.01. Mikonos1.jpg

Regards

#1441 5 years ago

hello fellow hook owners , just picked up my first pin HOOK! , it is really fun , have waded through all pages of this thread, and plan to do the rom update to 5.01, knowing me I will need to make little mods down the road to make it mine, any thoughts on led light kits,( is there a difference of the super led kit vs regular led kit?, what size rubber for the flippers? thanks in advance

many questions to follow!

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

hello fellow hook owners , just picked up my first pin HOOK! , it is really fun , have waded through all pages of this thread, and plan to do the rom update to 5.01, knowing me I will need to make little mods down the road to make it mine, any thoughts on led light kits,( is there a difference of the super led kit vs regular led kit?, what size rubber for the flippers? thanks in advance
many questions to follow!

Check out comet pinball for led lights. I used Titan silicon rings for rubbers.

#1443 5 years ago

Had a good game tonight.

IMG_0877 (resized).jpgIMG_0877 (resized).jpg

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from KOAmps:

Had a good game tonight.

Good form!!!

#1445 5 years ago

Nice game KO!, been playing my hook( 1st pin ) daily for the last two weeks. thought I was ok at pinball with decent flipper skills ..... game is set up pretty tight I think with anything more than slight nudge tilting and plays fast, I will check angle with new app on phone tonight. still running 4.08 code but have chips to upgrade

only 2 safe shots are making the left ramp or the ruffio ramp, return to the right flipper from right ramp is pretty quick and I am impressed with videos of nailing the left ramp over and over, going half way up ramp leads to stdm drain and bad things happen when you hit the posts on either side of the ramps ....

hard to nail the kicker in left upper field and getting the ball in the bumpers from that shot or up the baseball lane leads to stdm drain or outlane drains

skull shot is ok but kick out from scoop 1 out of 4 goes sdtm !!

will check angle and got some new rubber to install and will clean and wax and will install 5.01 code and see how she plays , otherwise intrigued by challenges of hook , reviews seem to say it is too easy? , will let you know when I get there!

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

skull shot is ok but kick out from scoop 1 out of 4 goes sdtm !!

Mine always hits the left flipper, but with Chads V5 code you get a ball save timer when the ball ejects from the scoop.

I get some sdtm too from missed ramps, I'm advised the machine needs to be setup steeper.

Btw once you're on V5 code there is no pay off to nailing the windcoaster over and over

#1447 5 years ago

Anyone know if the scorecards Mikonos made are ready for download?

Thanks

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Anyone know if the scorecards mikonos made are ready for download?
Thanks

He doesn't share his score cards / art work. I even offered to buy them from him for T2 and he said no because people will steal his work.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

He doesn't share his score cards / art work. I even offered to buy them from him for T2 and he said no because people will steal his work.

That's a bummer.....I would gladly pay for them

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

That's a bummer.....I would gladly pay for them

Quoted from Mikonos:

I hope we can get them when Mikonos is good and ready.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 2,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/29?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.