IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 47.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Do yall feel like some days it seems like the VUK has a magnet in it and some days a post right in front?

Lol

Ask me how i feel about Hook's right scoop! That sucker is guarded by a whole crew of swashbuckling pirates!

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Nice Blades.....I'm going to purchase some when the repairs are completed.

Which one were you thinking of getting?

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Which one were you thinking of getting?

I like the ones with the map on them.

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I wouldn't mind seeing the MB restart have a little longer of a timer.

Agreed

#1205 6 years ago

I like the blue ones and think they'd match really nicely but I'm priced out at $100, especially without seeing them in someone's pin first.

#1206 6 years ago

Just ordered new target decals, cliffys, crem broulet torch, and leg levelers for my hook, the last peices I needed for it's shop job. Looked up the map side blades, $90 (ouch) did not buy them. Will wait to see them installed on someone's game before I make that decision.

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just ordered new target decals, cliffys, crem broulet torch, and leg levelers for my hook, the last peices I needed for it's shop job. Looked up the map side blades, $90 (ouch) did not buy them. Will wait to see them installed on someone's game before I make that decision.

What is a crem torch?

#1208 6 years ago

For flame polishing ramps. I cleaned them during the shop but there still pretty bad. I have some practice ramps laying around.

#1209 6 years ago

I just did cliffys on mine. Be sure to patch up the wood before installing or the edges of the cliffy will raise up. I'm too scared for flame polishing!

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Be sure to patch up the wood before installing or the edges of the cliffy will raise up. I'm too scared for flame polishing!

Will do! Ya I'm a bit nervous about it too. I've watched a ton of videos and have a couple practice ramps to hone my skills. I think it will be a sweet skill to know for the future as I would have already done it on several machines and my hook ramps are really bad.

#1211 6 years ago

I'm looking to replace the coil for slingshot a d it's out of stock on Marco. Does anyone know of an equivalent coil that I can use.

#1212 6 years ago

Cant say im a fan of the retro refurbs side art for Hook. I prefer the mirror blades

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I'm looking to replace the coil for slingshot a d it's out of stock on Marco. Does anyone know of an equivalent coil that I can use.

What is the part number on the coil?

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

For flame polishing ramps. I cleaned them during the shop but there still pretty bad. I have some practice ramps laying around.

I've never tried that. Share some photos please

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

What is the part number on the coil?

090-5001-01

#1216 6 years ago

I have this coil that works. It has a crack on plastic. Not sure if would work for you.

Screenshot_20180204-201454 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180204-201454 (resized).jpg

#1217 6 years ago

A Williams 23-800 coil or should do the trick.

#1218 6 years ago

Thanks fellas much appreciated I'm gonna get this on order.

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I have this coil that works. It has a crack on plastic. Not sure if would work for you.

What will the crack in it effect?

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

What will the crack in it effect?

I would glue it. It would not cause any issues. The coil works good.

#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I've never tried that. Share some photos please

I'll take before and after photos and post them.

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I just did cliffys on mine. Be sure to patch up the wood before installing or the edges of the cliffy will raise up. I'm too scared for flame polishing!

I sent Cliffy an email a couple of weeks ago wanting to buy Cliffy’s for Hook and he responded the next day saying he’s backlogged a month ! I didn’t want to wait a month for Cliffy’s. How fast did you guys get yours?

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I sent Cliffy an email a couple of weeks ago wanting to buy Cliffy’s for Hook and he responded the next day saying he’s backlogged a month ! I didn’t want to wait a month for Cliffy’s. How fast did you guys get yours?

He said that to me but had mine made in less than 2 weeks

#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I purchased mine from eBay and they were at my door less than two weeks. I have not installed them.

#1225 6 years ago

He must have had some already made when I ordered mine and put them in the mail the same day because it was stupid fast. Like he went back in time and shipped them. I couldn't believe it.

No need to rush the job as long as your playfield damage doesn't extend past 1/4 inch or so (whatever the thickness of a cliffy is). Even if it does you've already got to paint anyways so screw it. He's an awesome vendor with a great rep, just place an order and wait it out.

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I purchased mine from eBay and they were at my door less than two weeks. I have not installed them.

I thought about doing that but I've always bought from Cliffy and have always been a happy camper. Not to mention he's a stand up guy like you and has supported our pinball tournaments here with a few prize donations over the years. And WOW thank you VERY much for your generosity with those decals. I got them today and they are great! I was expecting an envelope so when I saw that big box I wasn't sure what present was going to be inside! Now I'm excited to put them on the new ramp when it comes.

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I thought about doing that but I've always bought from Cliffy and have always been a happy camper. Not to mention he's a stand up guy like you and has supported our pinball tournaments here with a few prize donations over the years. And WOW thank you VERY much for your generosity with those decals. I got them today and they are great! I was expecting an envelope so when I saw that big box I wasn't sure what present was going to be inside! Now I'm excited to put them on the new ramp when it comes.

Your welcome for the decals. I support Cliffy too and appreciate all of his hard work. I will be posting some updates on Hook soon. Cleaning the playfield has been a tast for me and OrangeSC ( My Wife ) we found broken glass from a bulb,broken plastics and dried rubber pieces. Last night we worked on looking at different colors bulbs for the playfield.

#1228 6 years ago

New Rufio Ramp installed.
Thank you freeplay40,.
Thank you hawkeyexx.

20180204_142858 (resized).jpg20180204_142858 (resized).jpg

#1229 6 years ago

Your Welcome!

#1230 6 years ago

Just got my Hook setup the other day and wanted to post a few pics. Thanks to Hawkeyexx for the Rufio ramp decals I just installed and you Freeplay40 for the repro Rufio ramp! Both look awesome and I can’t wait to put the ramp in this weekend. Also looking at my skull entrance hole and realized it’s pretty beat up the wood in there. And the worst of it is I don’t even think the Cliffy will fix that. I’m trying to figure out what’s the best way to fix it and give it a better chance of not getting the crap beat out of it in the future. I’m sure you guys have done this before any advice? Too bad mantis didn’t make a protector so once you fixed the wood you would just install that and you’d be good. Looking forward to your suggestions....

5D0BD418-521D-4671-B4C2-758DEED90264 (resized).jpeg5D0BD418-521D-4671-B4C2-758DEED90264 (resized).jpeg

FE4BB53D-495B-4DAE-A2F0-B22DEA18D791 (resized).jpegFE4BB53D-495B-4DAE-A2F0-B22DEA18D791 (resized).jpeg

53A31099-18B2-40F6-BCC3-E4C982789CAC (resized).jpeg53A31099-18B2-40F6-BCC3-E4C982789CAC (resized).jpeg

6A44BEE4-A9D3-4C2F-A067-A3934C5993AA (resized).jpeg6A44BEE4-A9D3-4C2F-A067-A3934C5993AA (resized).jpeg

5880DD24-69E2-4184-974E-592DDBCD54D4 (resized).jpeg5880DD24-69E2-4184-974E-592DDBCD54D4 (resized).jpeg

172C1D8A-885A-4B3E-88C6-D17D9251FC36 (resized).jpeg172C1D8A-885A-4B3E-88C6-D17D9251FC36 (resized).jpeg

E8B36B99-A43F-4D89-A841-1D1E72F51248 (resized).jpegE8B36B99-A43F-4D89-A841-1D1E72F51248 (resized).jpeg

8D15CA92-4435-493A-BBE3-56260B6107C7 (resized).jpeg8D15CA92-4435-493A-BBE3-56260B6107C7 (resized).jpeg

2D14D8FB-1988-477A-A6CF-AFC32269C9E1 (resized).jpeg2D14D8FB-1988-477A-A6CF-AFC32269C9E1 (resized).jpeg

#1231 6 years ago

Put wood filler in, sand it flat and install the cliffy over it. I just did this to mine and it looked similar to yours.

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Your welcome for the decals. I support Cliffy too and appreciate all of his hard work. I will be posting some updates on Hook soon. Cleaning the playfield has been a tast for me and Orangesc ( My Wife ) we found broken glass from a bulb,broken plastics and dried rubber pieces. Last night we worked on looking at different colors bulbs for the playfield.

Same to you, my decals look factory new. The laser cut edges are perfect. Now all I need to do is order the ramp.

#1233 6 years ago

I used JB Weld KwikWood and it worked great, just like he did here: http://www.pinballrehab.com/1-articles/pinball-restoration/playfield/96-scoop-outhole-repair

#1234 6 years ago

I will use wood filler to repair mine. The hole is badly damaged. I have been busy with other stuff to focus Hook. I remove this red generic start button and installed the correct one.

20180206_191758 (resized).jpg20180206_191758 (resized).jpg

20180206_213841 (resized).jpg20180206_213841 (resized).jpg

#1235 6 years ago

Wow, I think that my cabinet is above average and yours looks like it’s much better than mine! Most wear quite badly around the start button hole.

#1236 6 years ago

Anyone have a lead on Rufio decals? Have my cool new Rufio ramp from Freeplay40, but don't want to install it until I can get decals on it.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from Slider:

Anyone have a lead on Rufio decals? Have my cool new Rufio ramp from Freeplay40, but don't want to install it until I can get decals on it.

I sent you a private message a couple weeks ago.

Thanks

#1239 6 years ago

So when I test row 8 the lights for row 7 come on except for the start button. If I sit there and watch long enough the lights that shouldn't be on in row 7 go out for a few seconds, sometimes flicker then come back on. Any ideas checked diodes. But don't know how to test or find the diodes for the lights in the lamp matrix that are on the boards

Screenshot_20180209-162900 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180209-162900 (resized).jpg

#1240 6 years ago

Just got my first hook so stoked

#1241 6 years ago

Welcome to the club! Get your cliffys and new code on your way in (actually wait for ChadH's update them get your new code).

#1242 6 years ago

I'm looking for the multiball plastic. If anyone has one for sale it would be appreciated. I remember breaking this plastic when the game was mine the first time around. Now I hope I can find one. In case anyone isn't sure which plastic it is, it's the one directly to the left on the number 1 in the picture. Currently it's being poorly held together with Myles on both sides.

IMG_6582 (resized).JPGIMG_6582 (resized).JPG

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Not related to the issue that a couple Pinsiders are having... but still something that bugs me. The timer in Hook isn't very consistent which causes that score flash to happen occasionally during Instant Info. I've slightly adjusted this timer so this should happen less often in v.5.01 (coming soon).

Hey ChadH,

Thank you soooo much for doing this. Is it possible to have a setting in 5.01 to allow you to disable you suck multiball but still have the possibility of getting an extra ball? The tournament mode is excellent and I love it. I would probably keep it on there all the time and will definitely use it for tournaments I host. For everyday use I'd love to also have the option of getting an extra ball. Also I noticed on a one player game the game is virtually bug free from what I've noticed but on 2 player + games there are a lot of display bugs where it will show both players scores as 0 and you could be on ball 3 and it will show ball 1. And this happens frequently. Is this one of the issues being addressed in 5.01 as well? And lastly I'm wondering if the sound I get when I get add a credit to the game (garbled scratchy sound) is normal? That same sound is heard sometimes when hitting the Rufio ramp during some of the modes. I'm thinking this is just a missing sound that my roms don't have and it plays that garbled sound because of that. Is that a different sound then what was on the original code? I'm going to update the sound roms just in case but figured I'd ask the question while I was at it as well. One other question not related to Hook but is Back to the Future on the radar for new code down the road at all? Thanks so much for your hard work you do in this community it is most appreciated and AMAZING!

#1244 6 years ago

This is the ticking clock sound. It's supposed to play when inserting the first quarter and when advancing crock clock via the Rufio ramp. Your sound ROMs are corrupted.

#1245 6 years ago

The ball 1 / scores zero is the big bug that is being addressed. It's the DMD resetting.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The ball 1 / scores zero is the big bug that is being addressed. It's the DMD resetting.

Yep. But to clarify that 5.01 will fix the issue demonstrated in post #1053 when hitting the Drop Targets and the game displays garbage on the "Left Ramp Value" screen and sometimes causes the display to restart. Also happens in Instant Info when displaying that same "Left Ramp Value" screen. This does NOT fix a display that resets due to a power issue (no programming can prevent a display from rebooting due to a power issue).

#1247 6 years ago

Last week I did some tests with a Hook and the 5.00 firmware. I didn't notice any droptarget-display related issues with this machine. The display had the newer layout; there are 2 versions of it. Maybe that does also make a difference.

Question to Chad: I am one of the very few owning a prototype Hook with the spinning disc in the head. The motor was controlled by solenoid 16 (Q23) but with the production firmware, this signal was dropped. In order to enable the motor it was hardwired and turned continiously in the past. As a result, the motor was busted when I bought the machine. Is it possible to enable this motor control again in the firmware? Just turn on when a game is started and off in attract mode (or once in a while in that condition )?

Q23 controls a relay board which switches the motor. Now, I modified my CPU board and the motor is turned on by the same signal which enables the flippers. It would be nice to bring it back to original.

Marco

#1248 6 years ago

That's cool! I never heard of it. Can you post a video?

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That's cool! I never heard of it. Can you post a video?

At ipdb are a few pictures listed and also a link to a YouTube video

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1233

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yep. But to clarify that 5.01 will fix the issue demonstrated in post #1053 when hitting the Drop Targets and the game displays garbage on the "Left Ramp Value" screen and sometimes causes the display to restart. Also happens in Instant Info when displaying that same "Left Ramp Value" screen. This does NOT fix a display that resets due to a power issue (no programming can prevent a display from rebooting due to a power issue).

Excellent! How do you know if it’s a power issue causing your display to reset? And also wondering if other people have noticed those issues with 2+ player games ? And any thoughts on having the option just to drop you suck Multiball on ball 3 without enabling Tournament mode? I love the tournament mode but I do still enjoy the opportunity to get extra balls during regular game play. Or enabling extra balls in tournament play is that an option?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 64.00
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/25?hl=garretswinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.