Topic Stats

• 1,594 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
918 017 (resized).jpg
918 018 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
hook full 087 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180715-201504 (resized).jpg
WIN_20180712_13_36_41_Pro (resized).jpg
IMG_0898 (resized).jpg
hook playfield 002 (resized).jpg
london 557 (resized).jpg
london 555 (resized).jpg
london 552 (resized).jpg

There are 1594 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.
#1151 7 months ago

On the right return lane I have only one red with blue tracker wire landed. I think there should be another according to the matrix that should go to skill shot top. Can someone confirm this

15171591219621065517601 (resized).jpg

#1152 7 months ago

WOW this is a FANTASTIC CLUB! I must say I've been spending the last couple of days catching up to what's been happening in the Hook community over the last few days. And first of all I want to thank ChadH for redoing the code for Hook and this is just amazing! I can't wait to try it. And also to Freeplay40 for the making of the Rufio ramp for Hook. And to all the other pinsiders who helped Chad in his code effort with feedback and insight etc. I only wish I could have been part of that process. I have been collecting pinball machines since June 2010 and since have had around 50 different pinball machines and currently own 18. Some of those 18 include MM,MB,TZ,TAF,STTNG,GBP,IM. So I know a lot about the gameplay of a lot of games. I had a Hook early on in my pinball collecting in early 2011 and only owned it about a year before selling it to fund another purchase (I think Tron at the time) . Well over the last 7 years it's felt like something has been missing in my collection. I've always had a soft spot for Hook and although I think I have some great games some of the audio in Hook is not matched in any other game! So I'm proud to say that Hook is coming home! I don't have a line on one yet but am in active pursuit. So if you or anyone you know is selling a Hook please pass the info on to me. I look forward to trying the new code and contributing to the Hook club a lot more once my Hook lands back home.

#1153 7 months ago

Does anyone have an extra coil bracket that holds the right slingshot coil? Or know where one can be purchased?

The arcade near me has the Hook I work on but this bracket just broke. It looks like someone tried to fix it long ago and it finally broke again. Could best use a complete replacement.

Here are some pictures. It’s the one on the right.

054AEBB6-D2FB-4161-AEC0-A7074B5A0930 (resized).jpeg
624A33B0-2BB5-4F47-A81F-8E7F08DF3A9D (resized).jpeg
59B46496-F73E-4C03-AA99-C90D2C43B0F0 (resized).jpeg

#1154 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does anyone have an extra coil bracket that holds the right slingshot coil? Or know where one can be purchased?
The arcade near me has the Hook I work on but this bracket just broke. It looks like someone tried to fix it long ago and it finally broke again. Could best use a complete replacement.

I actually might have two. From when I re did mine. I'll check later when I get back home. If I have it you can just have it

#1155 7 months ago

I found this at Pinball Life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1034

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct slingshot bracket for Hook?

#1156 7 months ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I got rid of the cone shape rubbers and put colored sleeves over it. Check the pic couple posts back. It was tough getting them on but I like it better.

Thanks I was going to just buy light blue silicone post and not worry about the cone shape post.

#1157 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here is a parts breakdown in the hook manual.

20180128_153545 (resized).jpg

#1159 7 months ago

I checked and sorry wasn't the right bracket

#1160 7 months ago

I checked and sorry wasn't the right bracket

Thanks for checking.

Looks like this is the one for Hook actually:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5339-00

#1161 7 months ago

Your welcome ChadH

#1162 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Thanks for checking.

Looks like this is the one for Hook actually:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-5339-00

Make sure it’s right. The one in the picture looks different even though the part number is right. The back of it is angled when the one in the game is straight. Also the games that are listed as compatable doesn’t mention Hook.

#1163 7 months ago

On the right return lane I have only one red with blue tracker wire landed. I think there should be another according to the matrix that should go to skill shot top. Can someone confirm this

Anyone have there pin lights 100% working confirm this. If there are two red with tracer on lamp then I found out why it's acting up

#1164 7 months ago

Anyone have there pin lights 100% working confirm this. If there are two red with tracer on lamp then I found out why it's acting up

I'll check mine when I'm home in a few hours.

#1165 7 months ago

Mine looks the same, the one beside it has two red/blue wires though. And on the three skill shot top lights, there’s a single red/blue on the third red light.

82D3846F-CE09-4DF6-9385-2F5CB8F14E26 (resized).jpeg

D24252E5-1DA0-4B8F-A605-F96F833C54BC (resized).jpeg

C6320E95-DF7E-41B1-A8B6-AD19E0EFCFD2 (resized).jpeg

#1166 7 months ago

I received my new DMD from Marco. It's a very easy install. Only con I would have with it is removing the protective plastic that was on the led screen. Now it's give the playfield a good cleaning and rebuilding the pop bumpers.

20180129_205604 (resized).jpg

20180129_205807 (resized).jpg

20180129_205818 (resized).jpg

20180129_211742 (resized).jpg

#1167 7 months ago

Thank you for looking KOAmps

Looks the same that I have so I don't know where my problem is.

#1168 7 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I received my new DMD from Marco. It's a very easy install. Only con I would have with it is removing the protective plastic that was on the led screen. Now it's give the playfield a good cleaning and rebuilding the pop bumpers.

That new display is looking most excellent hawkeyexx! Officially will have Hook back by the weekend. And amazingly enough I'm getting back the exact one I sold 7 years ago!

#1169 7 months ago

selling brand new dmd for hook from impressive machines 275$ include worldwide shipping.

#1170 7 months ago
Quoted from Bay78:

That new display is looking most excellent hawkeyexx! Officially will have Hook back by the weekend. And amazingly enough I'm getting back the exact one I sold 7 years ago!

Thank you bay78 I hope to have the repairs to our hook soon. I do like the new DMD because it's cherry red

#1171 7 months ago

Started the rebuilding of the pop bumpers. I decided to use blue skirts and blue pop bumper body to go with the water theme on the playfield. The color of the body does not match the skirt.....

20180201_195145 (resized).jpg

20180201_204420 (resized).jpg

20180201_204416 (resized).jpg

#1172 7 months ago

Installed new fiber washer coil sleeve coil spring rod and ring spoon skirt and body....here is a photo of the worn parts.

20180201_204510 (resized).jpg

#1173 7 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

..here is a photo of the worn parts

Those we're pretty beat. Should work awesome with new parts!

#1174 7 months ago

Two of my rod and rings were broken in exactly the same way. Must be common.

#1175 7 months ago

Finally I got my Hook back home tonight! I sold it 7 years ago and have missed it greatly since. And not only did Hook return, but it's the exact same one I sold 7 years ago! Anyway it's great to have Hook back. I can't wait to get it setup and to play the new code on it! Any news on when the bugs will be worked out ChadH?

IMG_6542 (resized).JPG

#1176 7 months ago

I wonder if the pop bumper rods are stressed once the metal yoke has failed. When I rebuilt mine all three metal yokes had gone and two fibre. Interesting to see both yellow and blue plastic bumper brackets fitted on Hook - mine has yellow. I've seen these can crack where they screw into the pf.

WP_20150502_20_00_07_Pro (resized).jpg

#1177 7 months ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Finally I got my Hook back home tonight! I sold it 7 years ago and have missed it greatly since. And not only did Hook return, but it's the exact same one I sold 7 years ago! Anyway it's great to have Hook back. I can't wait to get it setup and to play the new code on it! Any news on when the bugs will be worked out ChadH?

Congratulations on getting your Hook

#1178 7 months ago
Quoted from astyy:

I wonder if the pop bumper rods are stressed once the metal yoke has failed. When I rebuilt mine all three metal yokes had gone and two fibre. Interesting to see both yellow and blue plastic bumper brackets fitted on Hook - mine has yellow. I've seen these can crack where they screw into the pf.

Great question......I'm going to remove my other two pop bumpers and rebuild them. I will inspect the metal yoke for cracks

#1179 7 months ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Finally I got my Hook back home tonight! I sold it 7 years ago and have missed it greatly since. And not only did Hook return, but it's the exact same one I sold 7 years ago!

image (resized).jpeg

#1180 7 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Great question......I'm going to remove my other two pop bumpers and rebuild them. I will inspect the metal yoke for cracks

Well now I’m going to have to check this out now as well. I don’t remember if I rebuilt the pops 7 years ago or not but probably should do it now either way.

#1181 7 months ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Well now I’m going to have to check this out now as well. I don’t remember if I rebuilt the pops 7 years ago or not but probably should do it now either way.

The hook I purchased was a silent estate auction. This pin has tons of issues....Plastics are not easy to find. The more I remove from the playfield the more I find damaged,broken or missing

#1182 7 months ago

Do you have an approximate price you paid to do all three? My buddy’s pops are a little sluggish and they could use a rebuild.

#1183 7 months ago

I told Marcos specialities they should sell a pop bumper kit. You have to buy the parts individually.

Thumper bracket 9.99
Pop bumper coil spring 0.95
Pop bumper skirt blue 0.69
Spoon 0.69
Ring and Rod 6.95
Coil sleeve 1-3/4 ×1/2 inch 0.69
Yoke fiber 0.99
Pop bumper body 2.99

There is another spring that is located between the skirt and the thumper housing. That spring is not listed in the manual. Part number 10A-7 0.69. I'm not sure why it's not listed but I found one missing on my Jurassic Park.

#1184 7 months ago

The "lite slingshot" target sometimes gets stuck along the rubber. Here's how i fixed it. Works great now. I can't see it when i play, but if you have the option, just go with a back zip tie. Protip: If you use an 8 in. Zip tie, you don't have to take the shooting lane plastic off.

2018-02-02 16.16.06 (resized).jpg

#1185 7 months ago

I noticed on my Hook it has the same issue. I'm going to install titan bands. I will post a photo when they are installed. I may try and move one of the playfield post.

#1186 7 months ago

Doed anyone know how the extra ball light gets lit on the skull?

Also, what triggers the restart multiball countdown?

I was all set my machine for tournament mode, but i didn't want to get rid of my extra ball max of 3, and i like having the pity multiball for newbies. Basically i was hoping to make Pirate Town not random, but 80 switches seems a bit tough too (we all suck over here!). Would be nice if we could see how many switches we've hit as we go along! Although that would just be another kick in the groin to see when you're having a crappy ball!

#1187 7 months ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Doed anyone know how the extra ball light gets lit on the skull?

Me too, I have only ever seen that lit once or twice.

One of my favourite shots is recovering 2 to 3 multiball, in 2 ball play lock ball in VUK, then shoot windcoaster and then the locked ball is returned via the diverter to shoot the skillshot again.

Combo is good too, both ramps and VUK.

#1188 7 months ago

New Hook sideblades available. I particularly like the map version.

#1189 7 months ago

Nice Blades.....I'm going to purchase some when the repairs are completed.

#1190 7 months ago

I like those map blades too. Someone should post some photos once they have them installed.

#1191 7 months ago
Quoted from astyy:

Me too, I have only ever seen that lit once or twice.
One of my favourite shots is recovering 2 to 3 multiball, in 2 ball play lock ball in VUK, then shoot windcoaster and then the locked ball is returned via the diverter to shoot the skillshot again.
Combo is good too, both ramps and VUK.

If you shoot the right ramp also after the vuk shot you can recover 2 ball to a 3 ball multiball

What triggers the extra ball Is shooting the scoop shot x amount of times when hooks sleeve doesn't have a light flashing. If you make the skull shot it lites a special on hooks sleeve

#1192 7 months ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Does anyone know how the extra ball light gets lit on the skull?

It's a bit complicated. Ready for this???

Assuming Adjustment 4 (Game Awards) is NOT set to NONE and you are NOT in Tournament Mode...

and if you are on your last ball (usually Ball 3 but this depends on how many Balls you've set your game to have)...

and depending on if the percentage of Extra Balls the game has collected in its history is 20% or less...

then shooting the UNLIT Right Scoop and collecting Mystery Award will also light the Extra Ball insert at the Skull.

#1193 7 months ago
Quoted from astyy:

New Hook sideblades available. I particularly like the map version.

I kinda wish I didn't put mirror blades on. I'm digging the map blades.

#1194 7 months ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Also, what triggers the restart multiball countdown?

If you drain two of your three balls during multiball without hitting a single Jackpot >>> within 12 seconds of the start of multiball <<< then Multiball Restart will be offered.

This is a bit different than most later Data East games where you are always offered a Multiball Restart if you drain two of your three balls during multiball without hitting a single Jackpot >>>regardless of time<<<.

What do you guys think of this hidden 12 second start-of-multiball timer? Would you prefer that Hook behave just like later Data East games and not have a timer here? Or maybe just make the timer more generous (like 30 seconds)?

#1195 7 months ago

I feel like it's okay now since the multiball is fairly easily attainable. It's not crazy to get 3 a game if you're dialed in on the ramp > VUK shot. That said it might be a fun change and I wouldn't be upset. Do yall feel like some days it seems like the VUK has a magnet in it and some days a post right in front?

#1196 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you drain two of your three balls during multiball without hitting a single Jackpot >>> within 12 seconds of the start of multiball <<< then Multiball Restart will be offered.
This is a bit different than most later Data East games where you are always offered a Multiball Restart if you drain two of your three balls during multiball without hitting a single Jackpot >>>regardless of time<<<.
What do you guys think of this hidden 12 second start-of-multiball timer? Would you prefer that Hook behave just like later Data East games and not have a timer here? Or maybe just make the timer more generous (like 30 seconds)?

Hmm, i think maybe just increase the timer a smidge. That VUK is pretty easy to hit (unlike the windcoaster during multiball for some reason!). If it was like other DE games, people could just keep restarting multiball until they get a jackpot.

What if the Skull extra ball got lit after u reached 10x? So completing three more roll over targets lites it. If u get the extra ball, then you roll over three more targets it lights 20 million at the skull? So 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10 x, lites extraball, skull, lites 20 million, skull.

I wish pirate town could be set for like random, easy, factory and hard. Easy would be like 20 switches, factory 40, hard 80. I haven't used the tournament mode because we aren't pros and enjoy extra balls. Is tournament mode a universal standard for machines? I'd rather custom set adjustments, than have a multiset adjment that goes straight to really hard for pirate town and limits mystery awards.

Another option that would be nice, is if the bonuses multpliers held. I know that was an option on some 70's Bally's. Or maybe make that a mystery award...

#1197 7 months ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

If it was like other DE games, people could just keep restarting multiball until they get a jackpot.

Actually, you only get one chance to Restart Multiball. If you do successfully restart it and then you still don't get a Jackpot on your restart, then your multiball ends regardless.

#1198 7 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Actually, you only get one chance to Restart Multiball. If you do successfully restart it and then you still don't get a Jackpot on your restart, then your multiball ends regardless.

Ah, gotchya. Thanks for clarifying! Yeah, i still don't think we should make it like ither data east games.

#1199 7 months ago

Definitely keep the multiball restart for no jackpots.

#1200 7 months ago

I wouldn't mind seeing the MB restart have a little longer of a timer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 275.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 63.00
3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, WV
Boards
PinSound
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1594 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside