IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 47.
#51 9 years ago

I have owned my Hook for about 3 years now. I remember playing it when it came out at the bowling alley. I would have been around 10 at the time and got pretty good at the skill shot which few other kids could do. I rarely shoot for the wind coaster, if it doesn't make it all the way up its drains every time unless you give it a shove at the right time. Not leaving my collection anytime soon!

#52 9 years ago

The only time to shoot for the wind coaster is for jackpot shots during multiball. Other than that, the payoff is not worth it. It's basically all about getting multiple ball jackpots + clock croc bonuses. Everything else is a distraction.

1 week later
#53 9 years ago

Just picked one up last night. You guys are getting me excited about setting it up today. My right ramp habitrail (metal ramp) that sits on the clear plastic ramp seems to be missing a metal loop to tie it to a post on right. Can anyone take a shot of this area so i can fix or find what i need to fasten it.
Thanks

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Just picked one up last night. You guys are getting me excited about setting it up today. My right ramp habitrail (metal ramp) that sits on the clear plastic ramp seems to be missing a metal loop to tie it to a post on right. Can anyone take a shot of this area so i can fix or find what i need to fasten it.
Thanks

Hi. Is this the area you're looking for?

20140612_193608.jpg20140612_193608.jpg20140612_193546.jpg20140612_193546.jpg

#55 9 years ago

Yes, thank you Goonie. Can you tell me if the metal habitrail is touching the plastic or is it slightly elevated and drops the ball onto the plastic? Since mine is not anchored it is just siting on the plastic, works fine but when I fix it I want it to be like original .
Thanks again for the pic

#56 9 years ago

Not sure what you mean by "drops the ball onto the plastic." The mounting point for the habitrail is slightly elevated above the plastic, as the loop sits on the hex head.

#57 9 years ago

"Slightly elevated above the plastic " answers the question.
Thanks again.

#58 9 years ago

Just finished my Hook shop out. Man this game really cleans up nice!

image-399.jpgimage-399.jpg image-120.jpgimage-120.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-601.jpgimage-601.jpg image-895.jpgimage-895.jpg image-484.jpgimage-484.jpg image-972.jpgimage-972.jpg image-882.jpgimage-882.jpg image-673.jpgimage-673.jpg image-931.jpgimage-931.jpg
#59 9 years ago

It looks really good when you LED it as well. After I completed mine, I felt like I had a brand new game.

#60 9 years ago

Really is amazing how well some of these games hold up to 20 years of steel ball bashing.

1 week later
#61 9 years ago

Just joined the club on Saturday. Pretty sure non-club members would find me insane for paying to ship a Hook! My 4yo son is sure glad I did though.

I'm very impressed with the layout of the playfield. I feel like the shot layout is reminiscent of Cyclone in the center and right scoops (flipped from cyclone), ramp placement and skillshot, plus the location of the pan book shot feels like the skeeball shot from comet.

I haven't had the game long and I know you guys didn't want to be critical BUT, I must say, when your shooter lane feeder coil is intermittent, that skillshot tune and speech call can get grating very quickly. Whoever thought putting speech calls in service mode was a good idea!?

Anyway, I'm glad to be in the club, and I hope I can get my coil issues straightened out quickly!

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Whoever thought putting speech calls in service mode was a good idea!?

Dude if you think THAT'S annoying, try adjusting replay scores and holding the start button in. "Hook hook hook hookhookhookhohohohohohohoooooo..."

#63 9 years ago

Man, if you bring your insane sculpting skills to, say... Skull rock or that crazy plastic on the left hand side of the cabinet (what is that thing supposed to be anyway!!?) that'd be great!

Glad to see someone put normal star posts on the slings. That was going to be the first thing I did after adjusting the leaf switches on the slings. Glad to see they fit without problems. These black posts look sort of ...budget.

Quoted from winteriscoming:

Here's a few pics of my mods.
Once I finish up my T-REX mod for JP, I've got some ideas for a few things that could be improved on Hook.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Man, if you bring your insane sculpting skills to, say... Skull rock or that crazy plastic on the left hand side of the cabinet (what is that thing supposed to be anyway!!?) that'd be great!
Glad to see someone put normal star posts on the slings. That was going to be the first thing I did after adjusting the leaf switches on the slings. Glad to see they fit without problems. These black posts look sort of ...budget.

Yeah, I don't know what that thing on the left is supposed to be... the side of a ship? It would look better if it actually looked like a ship and the 3 lit messages were inside portholes or something. Maybe some cannons pointing out over the cannon targets?

The skull is also a potential area of improvement.

We'll see what I can come up with. It will be some time before I get around to it and no guarantees I'll be interested in reproducing anything for sale. I may learn my lesson with my T-REX mod...

Star posts definitely work for the sling shots and look way better. I assume as long as they were the same height, they'd work everywhere else in the game that has the ugly metal ones. I think good options for colors would be red, yellow, and blue... maybe green.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Dude if you think THAT'S annoying, try adjusting replay scores and holding the start button in. "Hook hook hook hookhookhookhohohohohohohoooooo..."

MY GOD THAT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Star posts definitely work for the sling shots and look way better. I assume as long as they were the same height, they'd work everywhere else in the game that has the ugly metal ones. I think good options for colors would be red, yellow, and blue... maybe green.

Have any pictures of star posts there? I would be interested in seeing what type of difference it makes.

Nevermind - saw the blue ones on the first page.

6 months later
#67 9 years ago

Just brought home a hook today, definitely needs some love. Anywhere that has the plastic part for the skill shot area? Mine has a crack on one of the holes and the screw holding it down on the right hand side, the plastic is cracked there.

Also, the Peter Pan plastic up top is broken. Seems plastics are scarce though. I'm sure I'll find more mess as I dig into it.

1 month later
#68 9 years ago

Looking to trade for a Hook....super excited. Just wondering if anyone has a bulb count on this machine. GI vs. insert. I see the pops are 555. Are the inserts 555 as well. Just trying to price a kit out. Thanks!!

#69 9 years ago

Have to fly, have to fight, have to crow. Have to save Maggie, have to save Jack. Hook is back. I've literally seen this movie 1,000,000 times. Haha. Would like to own this one day.

#70 9 years ago

Also I see PINled has a replacement display. Have they figured out how to adapt to smart DMD?

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've literally seen this movie 1,000,000 times.

YES!!!! Bangerang!!!!

#72 9 years ago

Joined the hook club last night!!! Everything works great except for the pop bumpers. Sometimes they barely work, most of the time nothing at all. Any ideas?

#73 9 years ago

Adjust your spoon switches?

Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Joined the hook club last night!!! Everything works great except for the pop bumpers. Sometimes they barely work, most of the time nothing at all. Any ideas?

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Run the solenoid test and make sure they fire there. If that goes smooth, should just be a switch adjustment/spoon adjustment. Good luck. "Don't mess with me pal, I'm a lawyer!!"

#75 9 years ago

Whats the average price on this. I have seen $1200 and I have seen $1800. Just typical game, ramp intact, decent pf with no major wear, etc etc ect.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 9 years ago

I wanna say no more than 1400 for a 100% working player.

#77 9 years ago

Just about finished going thru one, next is the electronics. I added yellow cards on the Apron and also textured paint on the old exposed metal rusted rails and lockdown bar which added a nice touch

100_0756.JPG100_0756.JPG
#78 9 years ago

That looks great. What paint did you use? My legs and lockdown both need a good once over.

You should consider switching to star posts for the slings. I prefer the way it looks.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#79 9 years ago

For the Rails, I sanded the metal rails and lock down bar to get rid of all the rust and blend in the old black paint to the metal. I used Rustoleum 223525 Aged Iron ( Multicolored Textured) from Home Depot. This was the texture part and the primer. Then I added the black from a Rustoleum Semi Gloss. Be careful the texture comes out fast so you need to spray back a ways, no heavy coat or it turns into a runny mess. It looks really weird till it drys. Use several light coats and let them dry. Test on metal for sure to practice. Good Luck !

#80 9 years ago

Star posts look good!! I figured out what's wrong with my pop bumpers. I took them apart mad all the yokes are broke and the springs were tangled up.

Does everyone have a weird ground like post on the left side if the bottom pop bumper? I found it while making a list for new rubber, LEDs, and posts

#81 9 years ago

Hooks needs an LED DMD option... COLOR DMD!! Ha........let's bug some intelligent people to get this done!

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Hooks needs an LED DMD option... COLOR DMD!! Ha........let's bug some intelligent people to get this done!

Doesn't the Xpin DMD work in this? I mean you have to choose one color, but still.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn't the Xpin DMD work in this? I mean you have to choose one color, but still.

Not yet, but they're working on it and they're close to a working prototype.

#84 9 years ago

No matter what it would be nice to have a back up option on the DMD. I love the way the single colors look....would love a mutli color but beggars can't be choosers...

#85 9 years ago

MrJamma, I see you used my favorite quote from a famous crackhead. Living in NYC, I use it often!

#86 9 years ago

I'm still planning to do a P-ROC project on Hook that's a full color DMD. Lots of projects on the burner but the P-ROC and Sys11 driver board are pretty much ready to go. When I finish my latest round of upgrades to my framework (native Sys11/DE support) I'll probably switch to working on this instead of T2.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-hook-p-roc-project-ideas-about-rules#post-1856991

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I'm still planning to do a P-ROC project on Hook that's a full color DMD.

Why go with the game when you can make all new color graphics! I love p-roc!!

#88 9 years ago

Hello all. Just confirming. Whats the going rate on Hooks? $1400 or so?

#89 9 years ago

Looking at a F-14- Hook trade.

Both are in good shape.F-14 has very clean mylared PF, a topside tear down and clean, new balls, LEDs, great cab, new glass, new rubbers where needed, superbands on all 4 flippers, great translite, and the history of being Rob Berks old machine (ha). Plays fast.

The Hook has a clean PF, SOME LEDs but not many, superbands on both flippers, great translite, a little damage to the right side of the cab, nothing big, some switch errors that should be fixed by trade time.

Thoughts?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Looking at a F-14- Hook trade.
Both are in good shape.F-14 has very clean mylared PF, a topside tear down and clean, new balls, LEDs, great cab, new glass, new rubbers where needed, superbands on all 4 flippers, great translite, and the history of being Rob Berks old machine (ha). Plays fast.
The Hook has a clean PF, SOME LEDs but not many, superbands on both flippers, great translite, a little damage to the right side of the cab, nothing big, some switch errors that should be fixed by trade time.
Thoughts?

I say go for it. Not a huge fan of F-14 though. I Think most on this thread would agree to make the trade. Seems fair to me.

#91 9 years ago

I'd say Hook has more potential but F-14 is already there. Plus if you're going to P-ROC one of them you can just run Snux's code. I say do it...

#92 9 years ago

Any one have a list of rings? I'm trying to order one of the Titan kits but I'm missing a few rubbers.

#93 9 years ago

Windcoaster mod anyone???

#94 9 years ago

Got to play for the first time at a friends house last night. Put about 10 games on it. Pretty fun! Love the call outs and the artwork. Multiball was cool too. Didn't get too much else going since I was stinking up the joint. Haha

#95 9 years ago

I have set of slings and a the center Skull for sale....$50. If interested please PM me.

#96 9 years ago

I have a full machine I'm going to sell in parts .....all parts in playfield are in great condition ...also have translight , CPU boards , transformer, plastics, dmd , speaker panels , ramps and more ....

1 month later
#97 8 years ago

There are two lamps near the VUK (left clock shot) that have yellow covers on them that never turn on. The bulbs are good, wires look good. When should those turn on?

1 month later
#98 8 years ago

We picked one of these up the other day for our location, along with a BSD. This game was kind of 'thrown in' with the BSD and we got them both for a heck of a deal. The Hook is in really good shape aside from the cabinet. It is reimport so we are going to have to source a DE coindoor, but otherwise it is great. I was really surprised at how fun the game is and it is also challenging. I don't get the bad rap.

#99 8 years ago

I know!!! It's a lot of fun, has some cool hurry ups and jackpots....sweet game! Preaching to the choir though...

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I have a full machine I'm going to sell in parts .....all parts in playfield are in great condition ...also have translight , CPU boards , transformer, plastics, dmd , speaker panels , ramps and more ....

Why don't you sell it as a project instead of ruining one more pin?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 2,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.