IMG_1377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9839 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6951 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.
#901 6 years ago

My Jurassic park key worked! Woop!

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My Jurassic park key worked! Woop!

Some times you get lucky. Same thing happened with a Pinbot I was buying from a lady who didn't have a key. My friend tried a few keys that he happened to have in his pocket and one of them worked!

#903 6 years ago

Got home and got a little more playtime on it. The wind coaster switch (2nd one) is out so no jackpots til that gets sorted but other than that it's in real good shape, cabinet and playfield. Minor wear around the scoops is about it! Going to need some cliffys. Now I need to RTFM and figure out how to get this wind coaster ramp up to mess with that switch!

I couldn't believe that key worked, it's like it was meant to be. This is the first pin I ever loved, it's awesome to have it in the house.

#904 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Got home and got a little more playtime on it. The wind coaster switch (2nd one) is out so no jackpots til that gets sorted but other than that it's in real good shape, cabinet and playfield. Minor wear around the scoops is about it! Going to need some cliffys. Now I need to RTFM and figure out how to get this wind coaster ramp up to mess with that switch!
I couldn't believe that key worked, it's like it was meant to be. This is the first pin I ever loved, it's awesome to have it in the house.

Check the wire on the switch itself to make sure it's sticking up through the windcoaster enough so when the ball rolls over it you can feel and hear the switch clicking. Could be that it just needs to be bent up so it travels down far enough to activate the switch. That's what mine was doing when I got it plus it was rubbing on the slot the arm of the switch goes through not allowing it to be pushed down far enough by the ball.

Good luck

#905 6 years ago

The white / green wire was actually disconnected from the switch. It was a real PITA to get to some of those nuts to remove enough parts to get the ramp up but I'm back up and windcoasting.

You guys like the 5.0 code? Probably going to get some roms burned by my main man and pinside user @meloyelo.

#906 6 years ago

I think it’s ironic you asked about the 5.0 code since one of the people who replied to your posts wrote it.

#907 6 years ago

Heh no shitskies!

Here's a spooky Halloween story for you. The key on my key ring that worked on the hook I had never seen wasn't from Jurassic park like I assumed (I thought it was odd I had it on my key ring). I have no idea what it goes to or where it came from.

#908 6 years ago

Hello.
sorry for my English but I use a web translator.
I'm Italian, looking for solutions to restoring my hook
today after about 3 weeks I have restarted the pinball machine after 30 minutes of use the display and dead.
checking the fuses I found on the power board the fuse f3 -0.5 amp burned. obviously replaced and just lit burns.
everything else seems to work as it should. what can I do to solve the problem? good day and thanks

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The white / green wire was actually disconnected from the switch. It was a real PITA to get to some of those nuts to remove enough parts to get the ramp up but I'm back up and windcoasting.
You guys like the 5.0 code? Probably going to get some roms burned by my main man and pinside user @meloyelo.

lol Thanks for the plug, but it's meloyelo51
Fun Trivia Fact: My first job in high school was working the Days of Thunder ride at an amusement park, so the car became my email / screennames and has stuck ever since.

I haven't even played the original Hook myself, but I am gonna have to stop by sometime and check it out!
Gotta love it when R&D is fun!

#910 6 years ago

Anyone have tips to reduce the speaker hum? My LW3 has it too, but this one is much louder and is going to a home where they will only have this game.

Thanks!

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone have tips to reduce the speaker hum? My LW3 has it too, but this one is much louder and is going to a home where they will only have this game.
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure

#912 6 years ago

Can someone tell me how this metal bracket on the backboard comes into play by the Rufio right ramp?

It looks like it should attach to the ramp like the wind coaster does but I don’t see an obvious spot that it attaches to the ramp.

A5F9D302-8FA6-4193-9F56-C0AC5E9B5C43 (resized).jpegA5F9D302-8FA6-4193-9F56-C0AC5E9B5C43 (resized).jpeg

#913 6 years ago

I think the ramp just sits on it.

#914 6 years ago

Can anyone tell where I can get the 5.0 Roms?

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I think the ramp just sits on it.

Thanks. Next question is what’s with Marco listing two different flipper rebuilds for Hook?

The one I was given with the game was this one:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6306-20

But the flippers on this game do not even have EOS switches or extension springs.

This seems like the kit that should be for Hook but it’s not list as compatable:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6306-30

Weird. Haha

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Can anyone tell where I can get the 5.0 Roms?

http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads

#917 6 years ago

Get Meloyelo51 to burn em for you

#918 6 years ago

Hey all. Just joined the club yesterday and I couldn't be happier. Hook is one of my favorite themes. I think the artwork on this game is off the charts and I've never had a bad time playing it. Just did a quick once over and fixed some minor issues. Had a couple of questions. Some of my plastics seem out of whack. specifically the tree plastics over the pop bumpers and the Rufio ramp. If someone could send me a good picture of how those are supposed to be positioned and mounted that would much appreciated! Also, any suggestions on some tasteful mods? I'm planning on LED's and some cliffy protectors but would be down for some modding. Anything interesting out there? TIA

IMG_2026 (resized).JPGIMG_2026 (resized).JPG

IMG_2025 (resized).JPGIMG_2025 (resized).JPG

IMG_2024 (resized).JPGIMG_2024 (resized).JPG

#919 6 years ago

About to shop my hook. Any pro tips for getting the Ramps and electronics out of the way? Thinking about installing quick disconnects on everything under the playfield that needs to get lifted. When I tried to remove the wind coaster ramp to get to the #2 switch it was such a p.i.t.a.

#920 6 years ago

Installed chad 5.0 roms today. Anyone have a word issue where all other scores show as zero during multiplayer? Not all the time, probably about half. Happened randomly but they always showed the correct score at the end of the game, just zeroes during gameplay. Also did not show the correct ball number. Did not have this issue before.

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anyone have a word issue where all other scores show as zero during multiplayer?

Sounds like your DMD is rebooting in middle of game. Maybe turn game off and check and re-seat all related connectors. Check out astyy's post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/18#post-3827856

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Installed chad 5.0 roms today. Anyone have a word issue where all other scores show as zero during multiplayer? Not all the time, probably about half. Happened randomly but they always showed the correct score at the end of the game, just zeroes during gameplay. Also did not show the correct ball number. Did not have this issue before.

It happens with mine and goes away when your turn ends. Usually only happens when you get a try again

#923 6 years ago

Im In. Just picked up a really nice fully working hook today! Putting in Chad H roms tonight and making a few small tweaks. Actually a really fun game.

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Im In. Just picked up a really nice fully working hook today! Putting in Chad H roms tonight and making a few small tweaks. Actually a really fun game.

I purchased one in a estate auction. I have the boards out for repairs. Going to install leds and new rubbers

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yes that happens on mine. Less noticeable is that in a 1 player game it sometimes resets to displaying Ball 1 (rather than actual ball) and Credits 0 (rather than Freeplay). The Ball in play corrects to where you were on the next eject until the DMD resets again. This 1 player symptom is less obvious and disruptive than the multiplayer scenario.

#926 6 years ago

I have the Exact same issue as above , had similar issues with the original ROM , I will also reseat all connectors and provide feedback

#927 6 years ago

When do you the last time someone removed these ramps was? Lol

IMG_20171119_191353 (resized).jpgIMG_20171119_191353 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171119_184812 (resized).jpgIMG_20171119_184812 (resized).jpg

#928 6 years ago

Poor playfield!....hope to have my cpu boards back this week.

#929 6 years ago

Good man. I did not have any interest in taking all that stuff off on the one I just got. Haha

#930 6 years ago

Lol. It actually cleaned up real nice. LED's arrive tomorrow from commit, and changing out rubbers and cleaning it up tonight. Hopefully everything goes back together smoothly! Such a fun game for the money.

#931 6 years ago

Super excited, finally have a Hook! Can't wait to install ChadH's updated ROM. I have a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help with.

1. Does the call out "Break a window" refer to anything? Or is it just a random phrase?

2. LED lights
A. If you install matching colors for playfield inserts (i.e. green led for green insert), does it give it better visibility and blend in/mesh well with the playfield's artwork?
B. Do matching color LEDs look good for spots with the colored plastic over the bulbs, like the skill shots ones and such? There shouldn't be a risk of melting those right, as led is usually cooler to the touch, right?
C. Any recommendations for specific types of LED bulbs for particula places?
D. Trying to keep the backbox/translight looking the same as if illuminated by incandescent bulbs, does anyone have recomendations for bulbs. Do the warm leds mimic the incandescent color spectrum and shine radius well?
E. Hoping to make a LED recommendation guide to post here for owners to reference when choosing what lights to get.

3. Who here punches the plunger instead of pulling it back for the skill shot? Seriously, probably my favorite shot of the game so far!

Glad to officially join the club, can't wait to get familiar with the intricacies of the game!

#932 6 years ago

Seems kinda odd that multiple people have the same issue with the new ROM 5.0 although I was having similar issues with the original ROM , I’m guessing it’s a code issue and maybe was missed or just not messed with ROM 5 , but the changes and additions are fantastic , makes the game fun again.

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from Kersch:

Seems kinda odd that multiple people have the same issue with the new ROM 5.0 although I was having similar issues with the original ROM , I’m guessing it’s a code issue and maybe was missed or just not messed with ROM 5 , but the changes and additions are fantastic , makes the game fun again.

Anyone able to capture this happening on video?

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

1. Does the call out "Break a window"

Pretty sure it's quoting when Peter's son broke a window playing baseball.

Man.......I don't even color match anymore. I always use comet LED'S. I use flat top Natural white for GI, Warm white flat top for backbox, and warm/frosted for inserts and let the color of the insert do all the work. Still looks much better and lasts way longer under the PF. And the natural in the GI lights games up a lot.

#935 6 years ago

I use 5050 frosted warm white LEDs from Comet everywhere for every game.

#936 6 years ago

Any way you slice and dice it......and many people still color match....... and use more expensive company's thinking that means better product....... Comet is by far the best place to order your LED's from, bang/buck/quality/coustemer service/shipping times.

#937 6 years ago

Thanks for the info on the LEDs.

As for the "break a window" call out, is it specifically signaling we should hit a specific target/shot, or is it just a random phrase without real significance to the gameplay?

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Thanks for the info on the LEDs.
As for the "break a window" call out, is it specifically signaling we should hit a specific target/shot, or is it just a random phrase without real significance to the gameplay?

Randomly triggered with the Right Return Lane switch.

#939 6 years ago

Chad: I'll get a video tomorrow if I can. It definitely appears to be the dmd resetting. I was suspecting the socket for the rom possibly as the culprit and thought I may have damaged it swapping the ICs. These sockets suck as they have clearance between the socket and board and almost none between socket and chip making it difficult to remove.

#940 6 years ago

I can for sure Chad H as I stated earlier it also happens in the original ROM , was it you that updated the code?

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from Kersch:

I can for sure Chad H as I stated earlier it also happens in the original ROM

Thanks. I'd like to see it happen.

Quoted from Kersch:

was it you that updated the code?

Guilty.

#942 6 years ago

Seems to be a few of us now spotting this DMD reset issue. Mine certainly did it before Chads update and subsequently since but less so - possibly coincidental through more play of the improved game. I did try to improve the power supply side, re-capped the power board and installed one of Inkonchitos bridge boards but no significant change.

My hunch is that it happens when playing animations, somebody mentioned one not resetting when moved from Hook to TMNT. I'm going to try unplugging the rope light as a test.

My end goal is to install one of the Colour LED DMDs once available.

#943 6 years ago

When will the color DMD be available?

Does anyone make a nice set of score cards for Hook?

#944 6 years ago

Love the updates , I have emailed you on your website but I got no response about 6 months ago
I will try to setup my phone while I play to show the issue

#945 6 years ago

The updates to the Rom are fantastic it brought new life to the game Chad thanks for taking the time !

#946 6 years ago

How do I send you a vid? Email?

CDFC7988-0727-4EE7-B1F1-521FCA65C3B2 (resized).jpegCDFC7988-0727-4EE7-B1F1-521FCA65C3B2 (resized).jpeg

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from Kersch:

How do I send you a vid? Email?

Post it on YouTube?

#948 6 years ago

Ok it’s up
November 21/2017

#949 6 years ago

November 21,2017

#950 6 years ago

Yeah that’s not going to help you damn!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 2,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-club-hook-is-back/page/19?hl=slcpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.