20131222_071608.jpg
20131221_082756.jpg
20131221_082831.jpg
20131221_082640.jpg
IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
HookChaseBoard.jpg
Chase Light Z Connect.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Nope. What dip switch setting are you referring to?

#52 10 years ago

I'm working on a hook right now, I can send pictures if you need more as well. I'm guessing either a setting or lack of signal from the main cpu board

#53 10 years ago

Is there a DIP switch I'm not aware of or a software switch?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from nworker:

Is there a DIP switch I'm not aware of or a software switch?

That is what I'm asking. Does Hook have dip switches? They could be shut off if it has them. Look in your manual for settings

#55 10 years ago

No dip switches that I remember seeing, no adjustment setting to enable/disable rope lights.

If everything that does work leads back to the A, B, C leads off the top right of the MPU, then there must be something wrong on the MPU.

I have not had time to play with mine to take signals but I'll get it it on my short list.

8 months later
#56 9 years ago

I'm working on my ST25th. I'm at the same place, I don't think the trigger is coming off my CPU board. Board works in Hook (I have one). Anyone resolve this yet??

#57 9 years ago

Hi, l had a ST25th with no working chase lights and spent some time trying to get the lights to work. In the end l replaced the board with one of Homepin's version of the board and the chase lights starting working for me. I also had to redo the wiring and globes and making sure the wires do not touch with the tube. Same board is used on Hook pinballs. Hope this helps.

http://www.homepin.com/dechaser.html

2 weeks later
#58 9 years ago

Yes. I don't know why. I went back and powered it on and they worked. Go figure...

#59 9 years ago

Its that transistor on the board, thank you for this I'm going to order one for my StarTrek. Hopefully it works, I can see the brown burn marks on the one I have in there now. For $55 shipped worth a try.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its that transistor on the board, thank you for this I'm going to order one for my StarTrek. Hopefully it works, I can see the brown burn marks on the one I have in there now. For $55 shipped worth a try.

When I got my ST25th back in 1999 it was missing the chaser light board and I could not find one. That was long before they made the repo. I took the schematic in the manual and made one on a Radio Shack project PC board. It's still in my game to this day. I am sure my original board was missing because I found shorts in my light strings so I am willing to bet if your board has burn marks you also have a short somewhere in your light string. I took mine apart and fixed the shorts and replaced a few of the bulbs which were blown out. It's tricky but doable. homemade.JPGhomemade.JPG

#61 9 years ago

Do you think its more worth it to rig up EL wire that changes colour or something and remove the oldschool chase lights?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-chase-lights/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.