• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by systemlcp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 9 years ago

Just picked up Hook on the cheap. Got it up an running with a few new connectors and fuses, everything works but the lights in the backbox. The flashers in the back box do work though. Any ideas on where to start would be appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

The general illumination connectors!

#3 9 years ago

Yup the pin for Brn/Wht to the connector was dead. Jumpered it off the other GI for now. I wonder what bit it on my powerboard.

#4 9 years ago

My friend has a HOOK on location at a drive-in theater 25 miles from me. I replaced ALL the general illumination connectors in the backbox then we relamped the entire machine with LED bulbs. Sure is bright now and all the lighting connectors run alot cooler now.

From what I can remember (it was several months ago I did this), there was a bad "in-line" molex connector for just the backbox general lighting. I had to replace the male and female halves of connector because they were burnt to a crisp. I also had to replace the male header and the female harness connector for the general lighting on the aux power driver board because that connector was burnt too.

#5 9 years ago

Nice just finished doing LEDs on mine now that it's up. Yet another DE game with a ton of flashers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-backbox-illumination and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.