(Topic ID: 87855)

Honoring LTG w/ SS Billiards 2014 Refresh (In Process)

By pinballnut3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6944.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG
IMG_6945.JPG
IMG_6947.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

100% Ladies and gentleman! A generous Anonymous poster finished it off.
Now let's see if we can get Lloyd a few extra bucks for those incidentals. Anyone think 10k is plausible?

Bring the JJP crew to check out the place after we fix everything up!

#152 9 years ago

While there is 45 days left. This puts most improvements happening a month and a half out or more. I will be regularly posting pictures and updates so people can see the results of their help.

The plan is the lighting. Then spray the ceiling ( donated labor and material ). Then floor. Then recover the pool tables.
( which I'll do the labor ). To save I'll recover the stools too.

Every cent will go into improvements and we'll be careful get the most use out of every dollar possible.

Thank you,
LTG : )

#153 9 years ago

Lloyd if the stools have metal bases which most do bring them to a local powder coater and have him put wrinkle black on them. They will never get rusty or dirty again. They will always look pretty much new and he probably won't charge more than 5-7 bucks each.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Anyone think 10k is plausible?

I don't think it's plausible, I think it will happen. I'm working on putting some money together, and I just haven't had time to figure out what it's going to be. I'm certain I'm not the only one like that, at least I hope not.

Payment coming when I figure out what money I have in a few days, hopefully

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Anyone think 10k is plausible?

Holy Cow! What a day to sleep in! Thank you Everyone! Here we go LLoyd!!! Today is a celebration for our hobby and you. Thank you everyone for believing in this dream with me. I can't wait to get to work.

I agree, when we planned this we planned bare bones, just enough to get by. Let me restate what Lloyd said above.... we are going to use every dollar to its maximum potential. Donated labor when possible mine, Lloyds and friends. But there is so much more we can do! Nothing overboard just higher quality longer lasting stuff. An extra light a little more for the floor? I don't know, we didn't plan for this. Maybe a new pin for the grand opening. We are super grateful. But the same rules apply.

We will use every dollar to it's Maximum potential! No waste, no fluff.

Lets take this to $10,000 and beyond.

#157 9 years ago

Donated. Lloyd, I hope all is well with you! Can't wait! I'm gonna drop by and visit this weekend!

#158 9 years ago

Bump

#159 9 years ago

Donated, take care Lloyd

#160 9 years ago

Lloyd, I'll be by on thursday to bother you and prada. I have a job interview over at PGC Solutions, hopefully it goes well~

#161 9 years ago

I was able to donate $100 from the MGC earlier today. Thanks again for all you do Lloyd, I can't wait to see it next time I'm that way!!

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I was able to donate $100 from the MGC earlier today.

Thank you Dan. Prada donated 6 hours after you. How, I don't know.

#163 9 years ago

900 bucks shy of 10g with 40 days left to go.. nice work

#164 9 years ago

850 now

#165 9 years ago

750 now. Shoot for 15k though, sounds better.

Hope to make it there this summer!

#166 9 years ago

15k would likely be a godsend to Lloyd. I mean it would probably change his fortunes. As a co-worker of Lloyd I can say no one is more deserving. As someone who asks nothing of this hobby but gives everything (it's a true source of income) that extra 5k would no doubt be monumental.

#167 9 years ago

OK, true story.

I check out Pinside frequently as a stress reliever. The positive energy is therapeutic. Lloyd doesn't know me, but he makes my day sometimes (Dear Lloyd posts are a must read by themselves). So, I felt I should pay back. I had trouble with my computer... and I put off donating, but finally got around to it today. Within hours of donating... I

1) Stumbled across an awesome Wedge Head that I will be adding to my collection soon (this hasn't happened in a long time).

2) and received 'winks' from two different ladies on Match.com (hadn't had activity in almost as long).

So, not saying this will happen to you, but KARMA baby!

Thanks again Lloyd!

Dave

#168 9 years ago

I get winks from the ladies all the time, but it's usually because they have something stuck in their eye.

Okay. Back on topic. DONATE!!!

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

OK, true story.
I check out Pinside frequently as a stress reliever. The positive energy is therapeutic. Lloyd doesn't know me, but he makes my day sometimes (Dear Lloyd posts are a must read by themselves). So, I felt I should pay back. I had trouble with my computer... and I put off donating, but finally got around to it today. Within hours of donating... I
1) Stumbled across an awesome Wedge Head that I will be adding to my collection soon (this hasn't happened in a long time).
2) and received 'winks' from two different ladies on Match.com (hadn't had activity in almost as long).
So, not saying this will happen to you, but KARMA baby!
Thanks again Lloyd!
Dave

LTG might turn his smiley face into a winkie face for you if you're on a roll.

#170 9 years ago

I bumped er' up another $100. Thanks for helping me keep my games in working order Lloyd.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

LTG might turn his smiley face into a winkie face for you if you're on a roll.

I don't know, two may be too many at my age.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Thanks again Lloyd!

Dave

Thank you Dave !

LTG ; )

#173 9 years ago

In the last hour I've had an epiphany of sorts.

And finding I want to thank Kris for starting this and all who have helped even more.

Kris started this to refresh my business. Which in turn helps me. The last decade was pretty tough on me, physically and emotionally.

A man stopped in to play pinball with his son. They come in every once in awhile. The child is young, he brings a step with for him to stand on. The kid loves pinball.

The man saw the Indigogo flyer posted in here. He told me right away he'll contribute. He said there just isn't places like this any more, and he wants there to be a place for his son to go to.

It is amazing how far this has gone. From helping my business, me, and now children.

I sincerely thank Kris, and everyone who has brought this to a point where we make kids happy !
Lloyd

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the last hour I've had an epiphany of sorts.
And finding I want to thank Kris for starting this and all who have helped even more.
Kris started this to refresh my business. Which in turn helps me. The last decade was pretty tough on me, physically and emotionally.
A man stopped in to play pinball with his son. They come in every once in awhile. The child is young, he brings a step with for him to stand on. The kid loves pinball.
The man saw the Indigogo flyer posted in here. He told me right away he'll contribute. He said there just isn't places like this any more, and he wants there to be a place for his son to go to.
It is amazing how far this has gone. From helping my business, me, and now children.
I sincerely thank Kris, and everyone who has brought this to a point where we make kids happy !
Lloyd

Nice to be able to have kids come in there. the barcades are nice but due to laws kids really can't be in them.

#175 9 years ago

Bump to 15k

#176 9 years ago

Any updates on adding t-shirts or something to the rewards?

#177 9 years ago

Here is the first t-shirt reward offered "at auction"!

To the highest bidder! - A new, never worn, never washed t-shirt from the 2006 Pinbrawl featuring the legend, Steve Kordek. The shirt is sized 2-XL. Features the great Steve Kordek on the front and lists his creations on the back.

I will offer this shirt to the highest bidder. ALL PROCEEDS GOING TO BENEFIT SS BILLIARDS. You can PM to me your bid or post it here. The auction will run till the end of this fund raiser. June 15th

Opening BID is $20. Good luck and happy bidding!!

DSCF1370.JPGDSCF1370.JPG

DSCF1371.JPGDSCF1371.JPG

#178 9 years ago

Doubling that... $40

#179 9 years ago

I finally got around to donating (sorry for the delay!), and I only wish I could have donated more. But more money to Lloyd meant that I'd also have to donate more to St. Jude's, which is my charity of choice - I simply couldn't justify one without the other and couldn't afford both. On a music teacher's salary, this hobby is tough enough as it is!

But I wanted to publicly thank Lloyd for helping this noob get started in the hobby. For being so patient when I was stupid about pinball and when I couldn't even find my way around the underside of the PF. And for that phone call once which was such a thrill for me that I could barely comprehend what he was trying to say.

Thank you, Lloyd. And although you asked me not to call you Lloyd the Great in our emails, you are just that and more. I wish you all the continued success and blessings for you and your business that you so rightfully deserve, and I vow to stop by and see you and Prada the next time I'm in the Twin Cities. Much love from Jersey!

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Doubling that... $40

Is that how this auction works? Okay, I'll see your $40 and raise you $20...

#181 9 years ago

Craig is $60 if I read that correctly. This can't go too high!

Bump on the Steve Kordek t-shirt auction for SS Billiards!

#182 9 years ago

34 days to go. Can it hit 200%?

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

34 days to go. Can it hit 200%?

$200 a day doesn't seem to outlandish. I could see it happening.

#184 9 years ago

Bump. $60 for now. I certainly do not need another shirt, but I am happy to give again to a good cause.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Bump. $60 for now. I certainly do not need another shirt, but I am happy to give again to a good cause.

$70. Anyone else interested in that great T-shirt !?

#186 9 years ago

Sent some more! Cant think of a better Person to help Back!
GL, Lloyd!

#187 9 years ago

Lloyd - I'm happy to contribute (future down payment on some tech support? I'm looking forward to stopping in with the family again the next time we make it up to the Cities - our last stop in was really memorable; you have some great games. Thinking of being able to stop in and see an awesome place made even more awesome with the support of people that haven't even met you in person is fantastic - it speaks volumes to your impact. Take care my friend, and hope to see you soon (in a shiny new store!)

#188 9 years ago

I am kind of like the bad kid who only comes around when I need help and Lloyd has always been there.
Thanks Lloyd!

#189 9 years ago

BUMP!

The t-shirt auction just got bigger! Now includes two (2) GREAT t's to the highest bidder.
All proceeds going to support SS Billiards.

#1 - The legend Steve Kordek in a "new" shirt from the 2006 Pinbrawl. Size XXL
#2 - A classic shirt from the 2010 Pinball at the Zoo! Size XL

Both shirts to the lucky winner!

Current high bid is: $70.
You can post your bid here or PM to me. Thanks!

DSCF1372.JPGDSCF1372.JPG

DSCF1371.JPGDSCF1371.JPG

#190 9 years ago

Thank you Fulltilt !

#191 9 years ago

Just wait till I throw in the Wooden Nickel... bids will go through the roof!

Glad to help out Lloyd! I hoped I wasn't being too forward adding in this mini-auction.

Quoted from LTG:

Thank you Fulltilt !

#192 9 years ago

Do you want some other stuff to auction? For example, I have a Diner repo cup that was never installed and so is in perfect condition. I paid something like $70 for it. (Actually, if it is the one I got from Australia, I paid over $100 for it.) Would anyone like to buy it and have the money go to help Lloyd? I'd take any bids starting at $50. Let's see if anyone is interested. If so, I will put a short deadline on the bidding so this doesn't go on too long.

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Let's see if anyone is interested.

Thank you Craig !

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Do you want some other stuff to auction? For example, I have a Diner repo cup that was never installed and so is in perfect condition. I paid something like $70 for it. (Actually, if it is the one I got from Australia, I paid over $100 for it.) Would anyone like to buy it and have the money go to help Lloyd? I'd take any bids starting at $50. Let's see if anyone is interested. If so, I will put a short deadline on the bidding so this doesn't go on too long.

$50

#195 9 years ago

Very good. Let's let this run through the weekend. I'll drop the gavel at 10:00 p.m. EST on Sunday. Any other bids?

#196 9 years ago

I actually think people donating stuff in mini auctions is a great idea and a wonderful way to keep the money coming for LTG. we should easily be able to clear 15k with some donated stuff. I'd be happy to help with some when I get he next week from vaca. Anybody else have anything interesting?

#197 9 years ago

Any pictures of the cup?

#198 9 years ago

I have some other stuff, but I think I'll do one thing at a time for the sake of my sanity.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Any pictures of the cup?

Well, I can dig out the camera. It is exactly what you think it would be. Hang on...
Edit: Hang on a little longer. I need to charge the battery for a few minutes. The cup was still in the Mr. Pinball box from Victoria, Australia. I just unwrapped the cup for the first time.

Pic on next page of thread.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Very good. Let's let this run through the weekend. I'll drop the gavel at 10:00 p.m. EST on Sunday. Any other bids?

$60

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 21.50
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honoring-ltg-w-the-ss-billiards-2014-refresh/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.