(Topic ID: 87855)

Honoring LTG w/ SS Billiards 2014 Refresh (In Process)

By pinballnut3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6944.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG
IMG_6945.JPG
IMG_6947.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.
#51 10 years ago

Great asset to pinball. Great guy. Time to give back. Glad I can help.

#52 10 years ago

I just donated and am glad to help Lloyd . He has helped me several times and is happy to do so. Great guy!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

is the pinball business seeing an uptick at your place?

I think the uptick I am talking about and hoping for, will be the amazing pinballs coming out in the next couple years as multiple companies fight for our pinball time and to make a name for themselves. These new companies seem passionate I think they are going to make games that will blow our socks off. People from new place, new ages, new customers will show up. A pinball field of dream "if you build it they will come"

When that happens we just need a comfortable place for them to play.........Thats where the SS billiards refresh comes in.

Great job everyone. I am so amazed and feel blessed to be able to honor Lloyd in this way. Keep up the good work!!
We can do this!

#54 10 years ago

I just realized I miss quoted the quote. Did not know you could do that.......somebody asked the question I quoted to LTG not from LTG.

#55 10 years ago

Here is the link once again:

http://igg.me/p/743018/x

#56 10 years ago

all hail LTG!

#57 10 years ago

Let's blow the roof off this and raise enough to get a Luci pin for us all to enjoy at SS too!!!!!

Happens to be a pin Lloyd would gladly buy next if he could.. He talks about it all the time

#58 10 years ago

He certainly does Jim, that would be awesome!

I can see the hesitation about an epoxy floor too, we track in snow and stuff in the winter and that could get slippery. But, there are additives that can be added to that to add some grit etc., but I do get the hesitation. Maybe a carpet entry with an epoxy/grit on the gaming area? I don't know, I just think it would be much easier to keep clean than carpet.

Or, I was thinking carpet squares, but that gets expensive, but easy to replace when they get soiled or damaged.

#59 10 years ago

Awesome you are Lloyd, Thanks for all the info you gave me when I got into pins. To bad Im not closer Id be at your place more often.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Let's blow the roof off this and raise enough to get a Luci pin for us all to enjoy at SS too!!!!!
Happens to be a pin Lloyd would gladly buy next if he could.. He talks about it all the time

I was talking with jim about this earlier and with pinballnut, but I was thinking we could add on another goal. If we hit the $8500 and go above and beyond to either get $4500 more for a star trek or $7000 more for a Luci then I would cater in $500 in BBQ for a new pin party. LTG was telling me that when he would buy a new pinball, he would cater in Famous Daves and invite everyone in for a little pinball party. I'd like to bring that event back and have a good time with my fellow pinball buddies.

By giving back to LTG, we're investing in our community and making a great part of history even better.

(BBQ would be from QFanatic)

#62 10 years ago

About time for an evening bump. Glad to see that we are already halfway to the goal.

#63 10 years ago

Donated. I wish I could visit, but Lloyd has helped me more than once on Pinside and every time I google a problem his responses from RGP always come up.

Stretch goal get that man an AC/DC Lucy

#64 10 years ago

While we're at it... A big thank you to Kris for pulling this together! Nice job!

-Jonathan

#65 10 years ago

Wow day 2 Amazing everyone. This is unbelievable. Thank you everyone

Keep it up!!

http://igg.me/p/743018/x

#66 10 years ago

Proud to donate. My fist time at SS Billards was last Oct. for Pinball Circus. I had so much fun I lost track of time! Bummed I missed the April Date but looking forward to traveling up to the "Cities" for the Oct. Date. Thanks LTG !

#67 10 years ago

Thanks pinballnut3 for spearheading this. Lloyd is a great guy and I think this is a worthy campaign. I plan on contributing to the cause asap. I've often imagined donating some of my Powerball winnings to Lloyd to create an 'Ultimate SS Billiards' if I ever won. (Sadly, I don't think Lloyd or I will ever win... but you can't win if you don't play!)

I've often wondered if having "memberships" would help cover business costs? Say people sign up to pay for a monthly membership where an amount (anywhere from $5 to $25) is deducted from their credit card (or Paypal) and then they are given that amount in cash when they present a coupon in person.

That way you have guaranteed revenue each month coming in, and you also give people an incentive to come in and "cash in" their membership coupon. If they don't make it in that month, the arcade still gets to keep the money for that month. Heck, there could even be people that live out of state that would be down to support the cause, just out of principle.

I don't know how feasible it is to build something like that, but it's possible that such a service already exists? Maybe it's not even an economically viable option either... it's just something I've always wondered about.

LLSSB! (Long Live SS Billiards)

#68 10 years ago

Here are some pretty party pics from LTG's last pinball circus.

DSC03211.JPGDSC03211.JPG DSC03210.JPGDSC03210.JPG
#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

He certainly does Jim, that would be awesome!
I can see the hesitation about an epoxy floor too, we track in snow and stuff in the winter and that could get slippery. But, there are additives that can be added to that to add some grit etc., but I do get the hesitation. Maybe a carpet entry with an epoxy/grit on the gaming area? I don't know, I just think it would be much easier to keep clean than carpet.
Or, I was thinking carpet squares, but that gets expensive, but easy to replace when they get soiled or damaged.

FWIW, In NZ carpet tiles are all anyone uses for commercial applications now.

I don't know what your costs are in the States, but carpet tiles are much cheaper than carpet here. You direct stick them to the floor, so you don't need underlay or smooth edge like normal carpet.

I pay $15 a square meter (3'3" square) here in NZ, I would guess they'd be cheaper up there.

Also, you can get some funky patterns etc with tiles, and the pins don't flatten the pile like usual carpet.

rd.

image-588.jpgimage-588.jpg

#70 10 years ago

That would be like 8k for this space...not really affordable. Maybe...

#71 10 years ago

Prada

DSC03233.JPGDSC03233.JPG
#72 10 years ago

Her poor little tail is going to fly off.

LTG : )™

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Prada

DSC03233.JPG 68 KB

Just a couple of hot dogs.

#74 10 years ago

That would be like 8k for this space...not really affordable. Maybe...

$8000 / 15 a sqm is 533sqm which is 5750 sq foot.

Is it that big? Doesn't look so in the pictures.

Give me the sizes and I can work it out for you

rd.

#75 10 years ago

10 seconds on the Home Depot site found these which look remarkable similar to what I use here in NZ. But far cheaper!

http://m.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMASTER-Brown-Ribbed-18-in-x-18-in-Carpet-Tiles-16-Tiles-Case-CP44N3016PK/202042002/

18" x 18" tiles are 99c a sq ft.

Once we confirm the actual size we can work it out properly.

rd.

Post edited by rotordave: Removed wrong calculations

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1800 square feet I need.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Once we confirm the actual size we can work it out properly.

Confirmed. And thank you for your help.

#78 10 years ago

Looks like this could be a good solution, but note that the price is $.99 per square foot rather than per tile; the price is $2.23 per 18" x 18" tile.

#79 10 years ago

Wow, very cool to see this coming together. Lloyd has definitely helped me plenty of times, as well as shared many cool stories of the good and bad old days.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

1800 square feet I need.

Sweet Lloyd. So $1800 worth of tiles, obviously.

I had 1200sqft of these tiles in my warehouse when I lived there ... I had 60 pins set up in there.

The tiles were great for the pins. And being low pile, there was minimal tracking from people walking on them.

Bonus - they absorb noise too ... Whereas a polished timber/concrete floor reflects the noise and with Pinballs and people, the noise would be deafening.

If your floor is good condition, the tiles would be the way to go.

If I was closer I'd come and give you a hand with the renovations!

But seeing as I'm not, you'll have to make do with my donation instead.

(Which I'll do later when I get home...)

rd

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bonus - they absorb noise too ... Whereas a polished timber/concrete floor reflects the noise and with Pinballs and people, the noise would be deafening.

That is a consideration too. I have to keep peace with the other businesses.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

$8000 / 15 a sqm is 533sqm which is 5750 sq foot.
Is it that big? Doesn't look so in the pictures.
rd.

Is my math that bad?

#83 10 years ago

We'll have to wait and see what type of quote Kris had looked Iinto

#84 10 years ago

Is my math that bad?

And remember, some carpet CONtractors use square yard measurements.

#85 10 years ago

Donated. We have used carpet tiles in a number of our commercial spaces (for office applications), and the tenants have been happy with them. One of the really beneficial things about them is that if an area becomes worn or damaged, you simply pop up the old carpet tiles and replace them with new ones. Usually easier than dealing with damage to large rolled carpet areas. (It usually seemed best to order a number of extras just to be prepared)

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

We'll have to wait and see what type of quote Kris had looked Iinto

We'll be looking into this thoroughly to get the best bang for the buck.

LTG : )

#87 10 years ago

This seems to be coming together. A friend will spray the ceiling. People have offered labor when it comes time to move equipment. And more perks coming.

With that in mind I'm thinking of a small party for those providing the man power, and a big one day party when it's done for everyone, complete with Cheese Pump. I'll be kicking around ideas and do something.

I know not everyone donating will be able to attend. But when it's done, if you ever get here for a visit to see what you helped do, please let me know and I'll make your visit extra special.

Huge thank you !

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This seems to be coming together. A friend will spray the ceiling. People have offered labor when it comes time to move equipment. And more perks coming.
With that in mind I'm thinking of a small party for those providing the man power, and a big one day party when it's done for everyone, complete with Cheese Pump. I'll be kicking around ideas and do something.
I know not everyone donating will be able to attend. But when it's done, if you ever get here for a visit to see what you helped do, please let me know and I'll make your visit extra special.
Huge thank you !

Cheese pump?!

download.jpgdownload.jpg
#89 10 years ago

Donation sent from madisonpinball. It is not much, but it is what we can afford.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Donation sent from madisonpinball. It is not much, but it is what we can afford.

I appreciate all help ! And thank you !

#91 10 years ago

It's high on my bucket list Lloyd!! One of these days....

Quoted from LTG:

Huge thank you !

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Done. Thank you Lloyd!
I will, one day, make the pilgrimage to SS Billiards.

Lets go together! I so want to go.

#93 10 years ago

Go Lloyd and Pinside! Lloyd, I find it fun seeing photos of SS back in the 1970s with the Pong machine where your Addams Family is.

Do you have any more vintage photos to share? It would be neat to see a then and now, once you get your renovations going.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Do you have any more vintage photos to share?

Sadly no. A good reminder to take pictures. You think the stuff will be there forever and it won't be.

My Father's arcade at 812 Hennepin, then at 602 Hennepin, the shooting gallery he ran at the State Fair. All an important part of my life, and no record of.

I still search for photos. Hopefully turn some up someday.

#95 10 years ago

I agree Buddy. We need to grab one of the flights out of the Tri-Cities to the Twin-Cities. I've never seen a Cheese Pump before.

Quoted from doughslingers:

Lets go together! I so want to go.

#96 10 years ago

Let me know if you get a really cheap flight!

#97 10 years ago

that site is weird, it says my name is going to be displayed as the 1st part of my email address?

As long as Lloyd knows I gave, that's all that matters

Bob C

#98 10 years ago

Hmm. weird. It is the daughter site to kickstarter.
But Yes we Got it Thank you so much. You must be r.conn.

Thank you you everyone! Keep it up, lets do this!

http://igg.me/p/743018/x/7009882

#99 10 years ago

Great place! I discovered S.S. about a year ago and have gone 4 or 5 times, including Pinball Circus a couple weeks ago. The chance to play Big Bang Bar is reason alone to check it out.

#100 10 years ago

This is a great thing for an even greater guy. I'll donate. Can't thank LTG enough for the priceless help he has given to me both personally and from reading his advice in past posts.

Thanks LTG and keep balling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.50
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honoring-ltg-w-the-ss-billiards-2014-refresh/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.