Honoring LTG w/ SS Billiards 2014 Refresh (In Process)

(Topic ID: 87855)

Honoring LTG w/ SS Billiards 2014 Refresh (In Process)

By pinballnut3

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 935 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6944.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG
IMG_6945.JPG
IMG_6947.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG

There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
#901 4 years ago

This thread gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I like it.

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

"LesManLEy" was happy to contribute, I'm sure "LesManELy" was too whoever that is. It's a shame the party was scheduled on our monthly tournament night. Oh well...

I am sorry for those that couldn't make it. Either because I didn't get the word out to them, or other things going on. I've been promoting the refresh party since January 1st on Facebook, here, emails, and telling people. And it's been posted in the business since January 1st.

I gave up years ago trying to schedule events around others. Mine get trampled on anyway. The Pinball Circus I schedule a half year to 3/4ths of a year in advance. This party was scheduled in hopes that a couple surprises would be there. Which sadly weren't.

I did the best I could and sorry I couldn't please everybody.

LTG

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I could not come but I am proud to see my "name" on the Monster bash poster!

#904 4 years ago

The public refresh party will be on Saturday February 28th from noon to midnight. Cheese Pump, hot dogs, Famous Dave's ribs. A pinball tournament.

Come and see the improvements.

LTG : )

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am sorry for those that couldn't make it. Either because I didn't get the word out to them, or other things going on. I've been promoting the refresh party since January 1st on Facebook, here, emails, and telling people. And it's been posted in the business since January 1st.
I gave up years ago trying to schedule events around others. Mine get trampled on anyway. The Pinball Circus I schedule a half year to 3/4ths of a year in advance. This party was scheduled in hopes that a couple surprises would be there. Which sadly weren't.
LTG

You made me happy. I was just happy to SEE the infamous cheese pump.

#906 4 years ago

That would be a GRAND Re-opening after the refresh!

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG

Lloyd -

In my opinion, the LAST thing you need to do is apologize to ANYBODY. You have done more for pinball than anybody I know. You will never, EVER make 100% of people happy. Your reply seemed a bit argumentative, but I don't think that anyone went at it like that. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I respect you more than anyone here on the forums sir.

I still like the banner even though I donated but didn't make it onto it

Chris

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Your reply seemed a bit argumentative,

I'm sorry, wasn't meant to be. There were some things that could have gone better and I'm sorry they didn't.

LTG : )

#909 4 years ago

Well I think that is always the case. I am sure it was a great time nonetheless, and you have to focus on the positives

I wish I could have been there for you.

Chris

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG

No need to apologize to me. It's just a shame that many people who supported the refresh had to choose between events when it didn't have to be that way. No worries, I'm sure it was all just a big coincidence like you said...

#911 4 years ago

I'm sorry for the oversight Chris, I know of one other also and I'm taking steps to correct it. If Lloyd could take a close-up of all the names then we can check for any others. But all those that contributed would have to see those pictures and chime in and I don't know if that will happen.

Sorry about you name too John.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm sorry for the oversight Chris, I know of one other also and I'm taking steps to correct it. If Lloyd could take a close-up of all the names then we can check for any others.
Sorry about you name too John.

It's all good Paul. LesManely...I've been called worse. It's a cool idea, please don't feel like you have to change anything on my account. I'm fine with it, I just had to have some fun with it after someone told me about it.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

"LesManLEy" was happy to contribute

Small note about the sign. This was a gift donated by Mustang Paul. I sent out a email to all who donated through the campaign asking if they wanted to be part of it. Thats all I had to do with it. We all opened it for the first time together. I realize my email list missed some who donated through giving prizes and other means. I feel bad if anyone was missed.

We are looking into it. We have a pretty good idea about correcting it. We will in the coming months make a one time small addition to it. If you want to be part of it or if you want your name spelled right let me know privately through PM. Sorry Les your correction is already filed.

Also in the coming months when we get Lloyd a info display monitor. We will be recognizing everyone through real name as founders/VIP's in the refresh. This will be on a loop with other SS billiard Announcements for the coming years. Let one thing be known for sure. WE Appreciate everything you helped us do. This would of never happened without everyone.

At work got to go. Video of unveiling of the sign and party coming soon.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I could not come but I am proud to see my "name" on the Monster Bash poster!

same here.

#915 4 years ago

Just happy it all came out so good. Place looks great and I'm sure those fortunate enough to be able to attend the "Bash" had a blast. Really sorry I missed it.

#916 4 years ago

Some pics from the refresh party yesterday...

IMG_6943.JPGIMG_6945.JPGIMG_6944.JPGIMG_6947.JPG

#917 4 years ago

Did you borrow J Pop's camera?

LOL. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Chris

#918 4 years ago

Did you borrow J Pop's camera?
LOL. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Chris

I know those were Steve's pictures before I even looked who posted them. They always have the rounded fish eye frame. Is that from your Go Pro camera?

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I know those were Steve's pictures before I even looked who posted them. They always have the rounded fish eye frame. Is that from your Go Pro camera?

Those were from my Canon with the big fish eye lens.

1 week later
#920 4 years ago

Fun times, thanks for the party Lloyd!

1 month later
#921 4 years ago

Bummed I could not be there that day. But check out the press on LTG
Great news for SS billiards

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Bummed I could not be there that day. But check out the press on LTG
Great news for SS billiards
» YouTube video

I'm pissed they didn't feature the cheese pump.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm pissed they didn't feature the cheese pump.

I paid big money to have it removed to avoid upsetting you.

LTG : )™

#924 4 years ago

Great story. Thanks for sharing the link!

#925 4 years ago

I saw the video this morning sent from one of my former SS crew members. It brought back a lot of memories. I was so excited to take my Son after work that I couldn't concentrate all day. I grew up in Hopkins and played little league Baseball at M.B. Hagen field a block down. I was so happy to hear SS Billiards is still there (Sadly M.B. Hagen is not) When I walked in with my son tonight I was comforted to find Lloyd sitting in the same place (kind of...I remember the table running the opposite way) I almost cried. I introduced my son to Lloyd,standing in the same spot I had met him around 30 years ago. It was my son's first time playing pinball, as it should have been. He loved it. I need to find him Party Animal or Pinbot to play now.

#926 4 years ago

I forgot to add. He still had the picture frame on the opposite wall and inside held one of my old crew's 5th or 6th grade school pic. I asked Lloyd if the frame was closed to new pics, as I thought it would be cool to add a picture of my old crew in it. He said the frame was a work in progress and wouldn't have any issues adding to it. I offered to make a small donation to add my pic when I returned next time, which of course he tried to refuse. I encourage anyone to donate whatever they can to start a new picture frame. I think it's the least we can do to give back to someone dedicated enough to preserve our traditions and community for so many years. Let's get our children off their ipads and show them what real games are.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from PartyAnimal:

I forgot to add. He still had the picture frame on the opposite wall and inside held one of my old crew's 5th or 6th grade school pic. I asked Lloyd if the frame was closed to new pics, as I thought it would be cool to add a picture of my old crew in it. He said the frame was a work in progress and wouldn't have any issues adding to it. I offered to make a small donation to add my pic when I returned next time, which of course he tried to refuse. I encourage anyone to donate whatever they can to start a new picture frame. I think it's the least we can do to give back to someone dedicated enough to preserve our traditions and community for so many years. Let's get our children off their ipads and show them what real games are.

Hope to see you there next month.

#928 4 years ago

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

#929 4 years ago

There is a new even better story from the news. I cant figure how to get the clip up if anyone wants to help its on lloyds facebook.

#930 4 years ago
#931 4 years ago

I have a visit on my bucket list!

#932 4 years ago

That Lloyd is one fine lookin' dude.

#933 4 years ago

Great, great story. I hope I can find a reason to get up there someday. I'd love to see it for myself. Let us know if we can ever do anything else to help, Lloyd. You're a national treasure.

#934 4 years ago

I have my visit all planned, April 4 & 5 Pinball Circus! Craig this is your reason to get up there!
I've talked about it, and talked about it, and finally I've decided what the heck? I'm going to walk the walk, and take the 6.5 hour drive from Chicago suburbs, to Hopkins for the Circus.
I'm arriving Friday 4/3 around 5 at the Hotel, then I'll swing by S&S on Friday night to check out the place a little while friday night, then I'm there Saturday and Sunday, and not leaving till Monday. I figured the long drive warrants staying for the whole shindig. Sounds like a blast, and looking forward to a little road trip, seeing Lloyd the ringmaster, and meeting some pinheads and pinsiders. Anyone going to make the trek for this? C'mon People, get the ball rolling and get ready for some serious Pinball! Looking forward most to playing Medeivil Madness, never even saw one! and Hoping for a few more I haven't played, maybe a Monster Bash!? Getting very excited about this mini Vacation to the far away exotic land of Hopkins MN!!!

Tom

(most people call me Tommy after they see me play! I'm not deaf and blind, but I am dumb)

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I have my visit all planned, April 4 & 5 Pinball Circus! Craig this is your reason to get up there!
I've talked about it, and talked about it, and finally I've decided what the heck? I'm going to walk the walk, and take the 6.5 hour drive from Chicago suburbs, to Hopkins for the Circus.
I'm arriving Friday 4/3 around 5 at the Hotel, then I'll swing by S&S on Friday night to check out the place a little while friday night, then I'm there Saturday and Sunday, and not leaving till Monday. I figured the long drive warrants staying for the whole shindig. Sounds like a blast, and looking forward to a little road trip, seeing Lloyd the ringmaster, and meeting some pinheads and pinsiders. Anyone going to make the trek for this? C'mon People, get the ball rolling and get ready for some serious Pinball! Looking forward most to playing Medeivil Madness, never even saw one! and Hoping for a few more I haven't played, maybe a Monster Bash!? Getting very excited about this mini Vacation to the far away exotic land of Hopkins MN!!!
Tom

You should wear a name tag or something so we know who you are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
7,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 35.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 197.00
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
Edmond, OK
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Brewster, NY
There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside